Skyrim

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Every few years I see a mod I want to try and then I go through the whole process of installing and setting up all the latest and greatest which can take 4-10 hours to get right, I then go Neat.jpg and only play for a few hours. I really need to stop doing that.
I reinstalled Skyrim last month and downloaded around 50 mods and spent all day setting it up. Haven't played it once yet.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I reinstalled Skyrim last month and downloaded around 50 mods and spent all day setting it up. Haven't played it once yet.
Every few years I see a mod I want to try and then I go through the whole process of installing and setting up all the latest and greatest which can take 4-10 hours to get right, I then go Neat.jpg and only play for a few hours. I really need to stop doing that.

Weird I did the exact same thing but I have been playing quite a bit (I never played dragonborn DLC) and am having a blast. No stealth archer this time. Just a pure heavy two-handed brute. Did No Stone Unturned ASAP and I'm rolling large with my 7,000 gems.

Please tell me that macho_dragons is the Randy Savage mod:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Please tell me that macho_dragons is the Randy Savage mod:

Ooooo yea! Wild!

I thought it was just an Alduin mod, but it is every dragon.

And the 28 mods... I'm limited because I never got dragonborn or dawnguard. I think they gave away dawnguard for a short time because I know I played it a bunch.

For a few of the mods that require either or both, I've loaded them into tools to see if they REALLY need either. Usually they don't and they just had them checked in the tools for no reason.

For those you can just save a blank mod, convert it to an esm via ... some tool the name of which I frogot, and rename and copy it to Dragonborn.esm and Dawnguard.esm. Then load the offending mod up in the creation kit and shift delete the dragon/dawn master files from the list on the right.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I don't really know what that means. I haven't really played with the options any since I don't have one myself.

One thing I did turn off was there are these potions that drop from dragons that have some sort of effect on dongs. They could sell for a ton but I didn't want to break my economy any more than it already is. I've got more money than I can spend.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I was on the phone with my mom last week, and she apparently bought Skyrim for me for Christmas.

I wasn't planning on playing it again, but thinking up new builds has actually got me pretty excited.
You should play a sneaky archer....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm still loving the PSVR version. The first time I stepped into an ice themed dungeon, or the glowy mushroom ones I was blown away again.

No Randy Savage mods though :*(

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched burke black on twitch play some VRRim. It was funny mostly for the accidents and him hamming it up during conversations. He randomly decided to shoot some bard in the back he met on the road and that bard chased him like halfway across the map haha.

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was thinking of trying to PG up the sexy time action so I could stream it if the moment was right. Do you think screwing npcs with at least some clothes on would get you thrown in twitch jail?

Maybe I should record an example. Is this a worksafe forum? Actually I guess this would almost be worksafe anyway, or maybe that's what I'm trying to figure out. The sound is kinda R, the actors are kinda PG, but the animations are kind of X.

Hmm I'll record something brb

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Actually, there really isn't any safe option in the menus. It starts out pretty tame but they all get really dirty. Oh well.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I thought that's what Fuss Ro Dah was for? :D

• 2Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Screamfeeder Screamfeeder Two handed and full heavy armor. The only way to really feel alive. I wielded Daedric fully improved and enchanted with a two handed hammer. I was the God of War.

On another note, I remember magic being kind of shitty compared to melee. Is it viable as a main damage source? I have not played in years.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Screamfeeder Screamfeeder Two handed and full heavy armor. The only way to really feel alive. I wielded Daedric fully improved and enchanted with a two handed hammer. I was the God of War.

On another note, I remember magic being kind of shitty compared to melee. Is it viable as a main damage source? I have not played in years.

Magic is good but you have to be a bit careful early on. Also, this mod will make magic more fun:

Apocolypse Magic
Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - mods and community

There is also a "spellsneak" mod where you can get damage bonuses for sneaking and nuking.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched Poke play awhile. He had to mess with settings for like 30 minutes to get it playable. Does anyone actually use that teleport movement crap?

It was equal parts painful and hilarious. Painful because of the fumbling with the interface and settings, and hilarious because he kept accidentally hitting people with shouts.

Siliconemelons

They kept the teleport movement in? I don't even know why. You cannot play the game that way... and free movement in VR does not instantly make you puke- I don't know why devs have that idea so they only make rails or teleport games for vr...

I love it on psvr, and better visuals and controllers with rift/vive should only be better.

This is, however- the first time I have played skyrim. My last elder scrolls was 30 min of morrow wind and the intro and crossing over part of oblivion.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does anyone actually use that teleport movement crap?

So I dusted this off this weekend as not playing it too much after I first got Skyrim PSVR a few months back and I'm totally hooked. I honestly can't even imagine playing Skyrim non-VR even in it's lower rez glory. Exploring dungeons literally bending to the side peering around corners or standing toe to toe with a dragon, or even getting up close looking at 3D cartoon titties of NPC you interact with...pretty intense. Melee combat is lacking, but as a magic user primarily, this game was built for that shit. Casting a stream of flames in one hand at one mob and frost from the other hand at another mob, nothing like it.

Now regarding the teleport movement, it does take some getting used to, but now I can't live without it. You can easily "cheat" over certain "obstacles" and take shortcuts which were not obvious. I get motion sick really easy and this game I think with the teleport actually helps with that.

Other than "fixing" melee combat, a few things I wish they would change:
* The skill tree layout. While pretty damn cool when you first enter it, it is a fucking pain in the ass to navigate around.
* Overworld map. Now this is more minor as it is a bit easier to navigate around, but I like to see as much shit as possible when looking at map, and here you literally have to turn around to see everything.
* With VR using the wands, it much more tedious to navigate inventory, so if there was a loot filter or something where we can filter out the mountain load of shit you pick up would be helpful.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree, this is a really good as a VR title. Loading up some spark spells and zapping everything with lightning shooting out of your hands while cackling like Emperor Palpatine is a great leap forward in gaming.
Unlike Fallout4 VR it runs at the high FPS you want for VR and the lower res textures don't matter all that much in VR.

Of course it's still a Bethesda game so it will need mods to beat some of the stupid out of it. Some stuff can be fixed via ini changes already. There's apparantly people that are working on SKSE for the SE&VR versions so that would allow people to fix the interface, much like SkyUI did for the original game.

• 2Like