Skyrim

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Amod Amod can we have the other skyrim thread merged into this one? Or whichever way amod sees fit.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Amod Amod can we have the other skyrim thread merged into this one? Or whichever way amod sees fit.
Personally I want to see as many threads as there are versions/devices Skyrim covers.

• 2Hodjing
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

Threads are merged

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Updated, expected an absolute shitshow trying to get it running again with the 50-60 mods I have installed. Was surprisingly easy.. Installed the new SKSE which is already available, and then had to remove the mod "(Part 1) Engine Fixes" which the authors seem to say is not going to be updated to work with the AE. That mod was causing the game not to load with a "rel/relocation.h(548) failed to open" error.
Skyrim AE Works fine now.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Still need One with the Shadows trophy bf doing mods. Takes forever to get done. Comon Vex, quit giving me shite repeat missions.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I still haven't played this. I'm guessing I should pass on the PS5 edition and play it on PC for mods?

I've got no interest in mods though. I'm an Arena/Daggerfall/Morrowind guy, I'm used to playing these ES games in their basest, most grungy forms. Never fooled with mods.

• 1Pathetic

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I still haven't played this. I'm guessing I should pass on the PS5 edition and play it on PC for mods?

I've got no interest in mods though. I'm an Arena/Daggerfall/Morrowind guy, I'm used to playing these ES games in their basest, most grungy forms. Never fooled with mods.
There are mods on ps too. Forego trophies when you enable though.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I heard mods using heavy script that tend to take times (seconds) to load, crash the game due to the new way this version is optimized ? Breaking a lot's of mod.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1641923311810.png

1641923356365.png

1641923410688.png

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have a bit of an off the wall question here. I recently had my PC have a meltdown (think I built it myself about 10 years ago so it was due for an upgrade anyway). However, with so many good things around the corner I stupidly talked myself into a Falcon pc and thought for right now I would like to try and go back to Skyrim and see how good I could make it. My Steam version though is still the old original release. What would be the suggested route to go about this? Go ahead and get the anniversary edition, and if so is there a mod package that would help bring everything up as close to 1440p levels as possible? I know its a 10 year old game, but just wanted to try and get it as good as I could while I wait for other stuff to come out. (looking at you Starfield)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I have a bit of an off the wall question here. I recently had my PC have a meltdown (think I built it myself about 10 years ago so it was due for an upgrade anyway). However, with so many good things around the corner I stupidly talked myself into a Falcon pc and thought for right now I would like to try and go back to Skyrim and see how good I could make it. My Steam version though is still the old original release. What would be the suggested route to go about this? Go ahead and get the anniversary edition, and if so is there a mod package that would help bring everything up as close to 1440p levels as possible? I know its a 10 year old game, but just wanted to try and get it as good as I could while I wait for other stuff to come out. (looking at you Starfield)

Usually when I play through again, I just run through the STEP guide to make it look all pretty. They're currently between versions right now, though, and the current version doesn't work with the Anniversary edition of Skyrim, so you'd have to get your install downgraded if you want to use this (I believe there's a guide in the guide for doing this). Takes a long ass time to setup (though I find it weirdly relaxing), but game looks great; just blast everything past the recommended settings if you want to try and get it looking even better (I usually use the 2k versions of stuff, but my computer is more potato-y). You can also add other fun mods you enjoy that aren't in the guide after, just be sure to sort and shit before you load it up.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of surprised Archery isn't number 1 on Bandwagon's charts; it's gotta be one of the most OP and abusable trees, especially combined with Stealth.

it is absolutely -brutal- to try to go back and play Morrowind without tons of mods after playing Skyrim, even if you can absolutely break the game with creating magic spells. The QOL stuff in Skyrim is just how I think about the games now.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I think I'm done downloading and personally configuring mods for a bit. I have resorted to using Wabbajack and installing pre configured modpacks. Last one I got (QWEST!) Was 826 mods. The program runs and automatically downloads all the mods needed from Nexus. (If you don't have a premium account it'll wait for you to manually click on each mod screen, taking days).

Although a new version of Proteus was released and looks nice (play different characters on the same world, can switch between them, and recruit your own characters as NPC's).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

This is really incredible. I'm not sure if it's good enough to want to listen to robotic versions of professional voice actors, but it's still really impressive.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
A number of them sound like non native language speakers or have had a stroke.