Smartphones

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
iPhone support is simpler - only a handful of relevant devices versus hundreds. It's not rare for the support to be better because of that lack of complication.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You can't say that Android OS "sells more". Phones that run Android sell more because there are way, way, way, WAY more of them, they are cheaper, they can be (and are) tailor-made to certain markets, etc. It's not a reasonable comparison.

The "it sells more" argument, and the "but iPhones are more popular" counter-argument, are made very often, mostly by fanbois to try to sell their particular point of view. In the end, it's just a choice between apples and oranges. No pun intended, honest.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I think android has about 80% of the mobile market but that's only because there are a billion or so different devices that run it

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Anything phone with the word "droid" in it is shit. They used to be good but they are least common denominator phones for people who don't know any better these days.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Eh, after my Note 2 and 3 I'm really happy with my Turbo. I use the shit out of my phone and now for the first time in years I don't have to plug my phone in every night. I'm getting a solid 36+ hours out of it. That's why I opted for the Turbo over the alternatives.

The turbo charging stuff in phones now is pretty nice too.

Only disappointment is I'm still waiting for Lollipop.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The Iphone is the "in" thing right now. I have to say TouchID is nice. Not necessary but very convenient. I've also noticed that a small percentage of the apps I regurarly use have much better iphone support then they did on my Note 2 (Android). Kind of sucks because I'm pretty sure Android OS sells more phones overall right?
I like touchid because I don't have to hide my passcode from random family/friends who like to dick with other people's phones. I never have to put the passcode in aside from when the phone reboots or whatever. So I can access my phone, but nosy fucking friends can't.

Crone

Really want an iPhone 6+ now. Scared of the bigger screen. Went 4.8" (droid) to iPhone 5s, so making the leap back bigger is daunting even though I have huge hands. Looked into selling my iPhone 5s as well, and that makes it even easier. Hmmm...

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I was worried about the bigger screen too. Now, I look at my wife's iPhone 5 like it's an old Blackberry.

You won't regret it, Crone.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
It depends on what you use your phone for... For most people, their phones are a tablet, that happens to make phone calls.... I actually use my phone as a phone... regularly, and I still think my 6 is a little too big. But I am jealous of the better camera and battery life of the 6+

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thinking about going the moto x instead of iPhone, kind of want a break from iOS and enjoy android on my nexus 7. Is the moto doing well? Seems to have great reviews and is free on contract.

Vaclav

If you're going Android - Moto X, HTC One M8, LG G3 seem to be the current list to seriously consider. Moto X might change possibly in the near future though, Motorola Mobile got sold to Lenovo so things may be different next gen.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you're going Android - Moto X, HTC One M8, LG G3 seem to be the current list to seriously consider.
These are the 3 phones that everyone likes but no one buys because they aren't made by Samsung. That said, everyone seems to like the note pretty well also and I'm sure when the S6 comes out it will be a legit contender.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the Xperia z3 and it is very good. I can't believe I ever used an Iphone. The waterproofing, stereo speakers, 20 mp camera, 128 sd card, 4k video, 3 g ram, ect ect great phone.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're going Android - Moto X, HTC One M8, LG G3 seem to be the current list to seriously consider. Moto X might change possibly in the near future though, Motorola Mobile got sold to Lenovo so things may be different next gen.
Y U no mention one plus one? Okay so its in limited release but man what a great phone! I was weary about the big ass screen like others on here but now i am just so used to it.

One plus just released their official lollipop rom and its got 4k video support although they are still tuning it.

[ROM][OFFICIAL][5.0] Android Lollipop Alpha (Preview) - OnePlus Forums

Vaclav

Exactly why you mentioned - he's obviously buying from a store (mentioned getting it free with contract) and OPO isn't an option there.