Smartphones

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Been dropped a few too many times maybe? Keeps randomly shutting off or rebooting. It's been a great phone, but after 3 years of abuse, it's time to replace it.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any sim unlock references you guys recommend?

Note 3. T-mobile giving me the run around.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Run around? I unlock both my Tmobile phones without much issue. Just have to make sure they are fully paid off before you call in requesting they unlock your phone.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Any sim unlock references you guys recommend?

Note 3. T-mobile giving me the run around.
Fully paid off and on service for 40 days or something like that.

You can head over to XDA Developers. I'm pretty sure the Note 3 can be raped pretty thoroughly so carrier unlock should be simple. Newer devices use an app from Tmobile but the older ones are much easier to unlock.

How to Unlock SIM on AT&T and T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3! [SM-N900A/SM-N900T] ~ AndroidRootz.com | Source for Android Rooting, ROMS, Tricks and More!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
7" phones were announced at IFA.

Why not stick a phone deal onto the tablet or laptop at that point.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You guys are thinking of it wrong. At this point none of us really have "phones". We have mobile devices which have voice service. I don't know about you ya, but my "phone" is used to talks <1% of the time. 7" pushes the boundaries of mobile (put in your pocket and go), but not because some arbitrary ideal of what a phone should look like next to your ear. Especially considering the best option is a Bluetooth headset anyways

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I upgraded to the note and wasn't sure I could keep the device. After a day or two I would never go back to a smaller phone. People that laughed at how big it was slowly started buying larger handsets. Pundits all said Phablets were too big etc. More and more people bought them and now they are pretty much driving the market.

7 inches seems large to me. Having not played with it, used it and all that I'd say that might be a bit on the large side for a phone. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but one thing is for sure the market will decide.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I upgraded to the note and wasn't sure I could keep the device. After a day or two I would never go back to a smaller phone. People that laughed at how big it was slowly started buying larger handsets. Pundits all said Phablets were too big etc. More and more people bought them and now they are pretty much driving the market.

7 inches seems large to me. Having not played with it, used it and all that I'd say that might be a bit on the large side for a phone. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't but one thing is for sure the market will decide.
You are missing out then. Nothing like playing with something 7 inches and up.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I definitely was one of those laughing at "phablets", but I love my 6+ now. The 5 is still my all time favorite (most likely because of rose tinted glasses), but I don't think I could go back to a smaller screen.

Borzak

Isn't that like holding a Nexus 7 up against your ear?

Shit is getting retarded
I'm not sure that is what they have planned. I was thinking maybe it just had a bluebooth deal to go with it. I don't know. I'm the 0.01% that look for a smaller phone.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I could easily see 6.25 inches or close. Shit the Iphone 6+ is that big with all the wasted space on the front and the giant retard button. That could all be screen.

Then i'm just 3/4 of an inch away from 7 so why the fuck not? Still pretty damn big that is a big leap.

My use probably mirrors most of America, I barely use the cell phone and use it more like a tablet that can make calls. Lite use day for me is 2.5 hours of screen on time. People that don't use their phones much or just make calls are likely the people clamoring for smaller phones. Jitterbug!

Borzak

I get a phone thru work that won't even fit in the back pocket of a pair of jeans. I leave it at work in my desk every day and only use it if I travel.

Borzak

Pair of Wrangler jeans or a Levi's. Considering I'm supposed to carry the phone to the shop or the field I don't see the point. I'm about as non hispter as they come. You can't carry them in the field via cia hanging it off your belt either. Anyway I just got another phone and don't carry the work one home.

The guys in the shop can have their personal phones on them, but they can't be hanging off a belt either. They either go in their pocket or they can't have them. No idea what they do.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What phone is it? I mean the biggest phones like the note and iphone 6+ both fit in normal jeans just fine.

Borzak

Back pocket. It's hard to get a phone nowdays that fits comfortable in the back pokcet. In the front I guess. But if you are up and active not so much.

I'm not even sure what it is at work. It's been in my desk for 8 months now. It will "fit" but that's it. You can't do much other than walk straight up with it in there. You can't sit down comfortably or a lot of other stuff.