Smartphones

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Sounds like the BOGO Tmobile plan is coming back tomorrow. This also apparently stacks with the Costco promos (or has in the past) They're currently offering a free 720p 32 inch samsung tv with s8's or the plus or you can get $200 towards any 40+ inch samsung tv they sell. Don't really need a tv so there is that.

So if you're buying 2 phones I assume you get 2 free tv's or maybe $400 towards any 40"+ samsung? That'd be damn slick. You have to sign up for a new line on Tmobile and keep that service until you get the $750 prepaid mastercard in the mail, then you can cancel and pay off the phones.

I don't need a new phone, still rocking a Nexus 6 (yeah its slow as shit now but I only really use it when I'm sitting in the living room or in bed)

Decisions, decisions. Also, wife is pretty set on either getting an s8 or s8+. Wish the Oneplus5 was already available so I could show her that.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bought 2 S8+'s from Costco @$790 with buy one get one and also got 2 free Samsung tvs. Hard to beat that deal!!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Costco has a deal going that you get a free 32 inch Samsung TV or $200 towards any 40+ Samsung if you buy an s8 or an s8+. Then on Thursday night I was told by a Tmobile rep that they'd have buy one get one on S8's and S8+'s from Fri-Sun. Showed up at Costco Friday morning and they gave me the TV's (one for each phone) and the BOGO. Got a 40 incher that I'm going to mount on my wall behind my other 2 screens because why the fuck not I guess. You do need to get one new line on Tmobile but you can cancel it after you get the rebate within 2 months. We were on prepaid Tmobile before anyways so getting service for a couple of months is no big deal.

Could be YMMV, sold the 32 for near what it's going for as well.

Last edited:

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
¼ hour till Game-On "OP5"
1466326086017.png

Last edited:

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Holy shit, the live chat on that OP5 youtube stream is AIDS.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My second Nexus 6p has died with the Google logo boot-loop. Google Fi is sending me a 3rd replacement now. It's well out of warranty, but it looks like this is a big enough issue that Google is at least replacing with little questions asked(if you purchased it through Fi, at least). Hopefully it lasts long enough to see if the next Pixel phone is worth it. I really don't want to leave Google Fi, but the limited phones is making is tough(especially when the one phone I have is a piece of shit!).

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I got mine through Amazon, so any warranty service (that expires in less than a month) means I have to take photos of all sides, ship it to Huawei and will be without a phone for a month.

So instead I'm going back to a real phone company next month.