Smartphones

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That Bixby button being so close to the volume buttons is my biggest gripe with my Note 8.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why go S8? The note 8 is top tear greatness.

In my case it was the $300 price difference for a larger screen and a stylus.

The s8 is also very slippery. Feels like you're holding a little fish.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... 5 months is a long time to wait if your phone is really getting bad now.

Hasn't it been rumored the S9 is coming a little early? As in February?

I have a shattered glass front screen on my Note 8. Slipped out of my hand a week after purchase. Still can't find replacement screens around here. Once it's fixed, it will be the first case I have ever put on a phone. *picard*

I too hate that fucking Bixby button. It gets hit all of the time on accident. It could be resolved easily in software by disabling the button, or change it to a long press. Any little tap on it now will halt whatever you were doing and bring up the Bixby screen and prompt.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Hasn't it been rumored the S9 is coming a little early? As in February?

I have a shattered glass front screen on my Note 8. Slipped out of my hand a week after purchase. Still can't find replacement screens around here. Once it's fixed, it will be the first case I have ever put on a phone. *picard*

I too hate that fucking Bixby button. It gets hit all of the time on accident. It could be resolved easily in software by disabling the button, or change it to a long press. Any little tap on it now will halt whatever you were doing and bring up the Bixby screen and prompt.

I could swear hearing that Samsung did an update that allowed you to disable the Bixby button.

Yup, they did. How to completely disable the Bixby button

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I saw that doing that was a possibility and it does help but it doesn't stop me from acidentally hitting the bixby button when I'm trying to adjust the volume. Don't get me wrong, it does help that I am not bringing up Bixby all the time now but I still have to contend with finding the correct button for volume. First world problems.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Note 8 would be perfect for me if you could re-map the Bixby button to open an app of your choice (camera, google assistant, etc.). Besides that, it's the best phone I've ever owned. Previously had a Nexus 6 and could not believe how much more responsive the Note is, though I'm sure as the year(s) go on the Note will end up sluggish as well. Still, would highly recommend. I'm not sure if the deal is still active, but my wife and I did a buy one get one free offer that also came with $260 in a Costco gift card, so each phone cost less than $400.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Why go S8? The note 8 is top tear greatness. Such a great phone. I love mine. The only thing is you pretty much NEED a case with it. The glass front and back is extremely slippery if you aren't careful. I picked up one of those minimalist Spigen cases the same color as the phone. It doesn't really cover the screen at all (puts a small edge on the top and bottom to help protect it from shattered screen if you drop it), but the rubberized case doesn't slip in my hand at all. Plus, I was able to mount a thin metal plate inside of the case and use a magnetic phone mount in my car. Pretty good shit.

Isn't the Note the one that randomly catches fire and isn't allow on planes...

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
never have my phone out in gym but did on Sunday, wasn't paying attention and dropped a DB on my Pixel 2 XL. Slight damage to screen at bottom edge, tbh it's not really that noticeable but will still claim the repair under insurance :/

Xerge

<Donor>
Note 8 would be perfect for me if you could re-map the Bixby button to open an app of your choice (camera, google assistant, etc.). Besides that, it's the best phone I've ever owned. Previously had a Nexus 6 and could not believe how much more responsive the Note is, though I'm sure as the year(s) go on the Note will end up sluggish as well. Still, would highly recommend. I'm not sure if the deal is still active, but my wife and I did a buy one get one free offer that also came with $260 in a Costco gift card, so each phone cost less than $400.

Funny yall are complaining about a bixby button when I would love to have one on my S7 lol.

Button Mapper: Remap your keys – Android Apps on Google Play I use a custom rom on my S7 which allows bixby; the only way to activate bixby was an app like this. Funny enough it became so popular for other phones the dev started to really push development on it.

For note 8 users I highly suggest the Anccer line of cases. For each phone they do there's a 'gravel' option which is exactly as it sounds. it's rough and anti slip. I use one for my S7.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075WW59RF/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?th=1

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Note 8 was waste of money. Every moron who thinks the curved screen is a good idea needs to be fed into a woodchipper. Fucking waste of screen real estate and development cost.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not sold on the edge to edge screen on my S8 either. Who decided having a part to hold on to where you aren't accidentally touching the screen all the time was a bad thing? I think my browser is locking up all the time and then realize that I'm slightly touching the screen with my left hand on one side or the other.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user