Smartphones

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Phone took a shit last night, need something cheaper than 600 bucks that isn't a turd that I can pick up today.

Anyone see any deals? I'm AT&T
Get whatever phone you want right now and then return it within the two week period that Verizon lets you return things without a fee and just get the Note 9?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Get whatever phone you want right now and then return it within the two week period that Verizon lets you return things without a fee and just get the Note 9?

I just can't make myself spend that much on a phone, I ended up getting a 250 dollar Huwai phone from Amazon. I hope it's not shit.

Crone

Note 9 Pre-order gets you either a $99 pair of Bluetooth headphones or 15,000 V-bucks and an exclusive skin for Fortnite.

Samsung Store
They say they are $300 headphones you get for free, but who knows. And you can get both offers for $99 if you want.

Pre-ordered mine already, as Samsung was also giving me $300 trade-in for my S7 Edge. Enrolled in their Samsung Upgrade program.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Early leaks of the Pixel 3 XL is not good. Smaller battery and a huge notch in the top. I may actually just get the Pixel 3, even though I like the bigger screen. That big ole notch is ugly as shit though. I hated it on the iPhone X, and I hate it more on the Pixel 3 XL

View attachment 173527

It looks like the Pixel's notch is smaller lengthwise but deeper heightwise than the iPX, so it sticks out more, IMO. The X's notch looks a bit more tapered and integrated into the body. Notches in general look terribad, but yeah, this is really ghastly.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe people actually copied Apple's fucking stupid notch. I blame websites like The Verge for talking way too much about phones and making people give a shit about things that they should not give a shit about. If it wasn't for the tech press talking about things like which phone has .1 inches less bezel or is 2% thinner, no one would even notice this dumb shit, let alone make purchasing decisions based on it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
See also: "nonremovable batteries are the future, guise, phones being waterproof are more important!!11!1!111!1"

In other news: I went from a G4 to an iPhone SE recently. Pleasantly surprised how seamless the transition was, and you can't beat $150.

Crone

Note 9 shipped and will get it Wednesday. Can I activate it before Friday? I've never pre-ordered a phone before. Also, this video was pretty cool. I cringed hard though as he destroyed the phone.

Crone

Just watched a video that said there isn't going to be bloatware on the Note 9! Not sure how true that is. When I get mine, I'll see how much Verizon stuff there is. For my S7, I had to disable the Verizon Cloud app, because it was just non-stop doing shit that was draining battery and data bad.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On project fi so limited options. Just stood up in a sleepy stupor and ended up somehow standing on a cloth and going the opposite direction and falling on my Nexus 6p. Actually really likes the phone and planned on keeping it awhile, but that's over.

My options are limited on fi I think. I can get a pixel 2xl for $649. Anything better I should look at?

Crone

Wait for Pixel 3?

Had the Note 9 for a week now, and it's pretty amazing. Everything is so snappy. My only problem is, despite it having Gorilla glass, I set it on something, and I've got a few scratches on it the front glass. No idea how that even happens. Given it's less than 15 days, I have the option to return it, and buy another one, but I don't trust Samsung not to fuck up my trade in of my S7.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
On project fi so limited options. Just stood up in a sleepy stupor and ended up somehow standing on a cloth and going the opposite direction and falling on my Nexus 6p. Actually really likes the phone and planned on keeping it awhile, but that's over.

My options are limited on fi I think. I can get a pixel 2xl for $649. Anything better I should look at?

They have more options now. In the Fi app, go in to manage plan and hit add new device to see the options. Moto G6 and X4 and the LG V35 ThinQ and G7 ThinQ are options now.

Crone

I can't wait unfortunately. Also no way I'm paying the price of a pc for a phone.
Why not? What other piece of anything, besides your bed, do you use more? I use my phone more than my PC, so why not?

I spend big on my phone and bed mattress!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Why not? What other piece of anything, besides your bed, do you use more? I use my phone more than my PC, so why not?

I spend big on my phone and bed mattress!
Just not worth it to me. I use my phone a lot less since working in the govt too.