Smartphones

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can't wait unfortunately. Also no way I'm paying the price of a pc for a phone.

You could always go to the moto x4 for now. With the announcement of the Pixel 3 coming out, Pixel 2's should be dropping quite a bit in the next few months? I think that's what I did to get into my current 6p when they started heavily discounting them with the Pixel 2 coming out back then.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
On project fi so limited options. Just stood up in a sleepy stupor and ended up somehow standing on a cloth and going the opposite direction and falling on my Nexus 6p. Actually really likes the phone and planned on keeping it awhile, but that's over.

My options are limited on fi I think. I can get a pixel 2xl for $649. Anything better I should look at?

I really like my Pixel 2 XL, for what it's worth. Feels like the way Android was meant to be.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
On project fi so limited options. Just stood up in a sleepy stupor and ended up somehow standing on a cloth and going the opposite direction and falling on my Nexus 6p. Actually really likes the phone and planned on keeping it awhile, but that's over.

My options are limited on fi I think. I can get a pixel 2xl for $649. Anything better I should look at?

Dunno how your 6p has lasted so long, don't you get battery issues?

If you like stock android then go for 2XL

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dunno how your 6p has lasted so long, don't you get battery issues?

If you like stock android then go for 2XL
I've had it for 2 years, I got it right when the first Pixel was coming out but didn't want to pay for the added price. I typically buy phones a generation behind.

That said, I do have bad battery issues. I was already browsing new phones casually before this because it's been acting up.

Stock Android is good. I ordered the Pixel 2 XL last night.

Now I've gotta find a case.. been looking at Spigen's because that's all I see. My case now is just a silicone mold with a lip and has served me well over several phones with glass screens. I fell super hard last night on the phone, like legs straight up in the air falling full force onto it. It's as funny as it sounds.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Spigen hard shell with the kickstand on the back that @a_skeleton_00 got me is great. He works at Verizon, guess he's pretty good at picking out cases. :)

Thanks again btw Jin. I would have gone with a soft pleather case personally, but I think I already would've broken this phone if I had. This Spigen has grown on me a lot.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I have a Spigen for my Pixel XL as well. It was just one of the simple TPU cases and was maybe $10. I've been very happy with it.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Pulled the trigger on a new Note 8 offered on a limited flash sale for 545 USD by a Samsung authorized reseller in my country. Hopefully I will be satisfied with my purchase even though it's last years model.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"The Note 9 ships with Android 8.1 Oreo"

Sigh, this right here is why I want to stick with the Pixel line instead of going back to Samsung

I like my Pixel XL but I don't LOVE it like I did my Note 4.

Did the Pixel 2 and beyond make huge improvement? I'm so vain... The obnoxious bezel at the top and bottom of my Pixel just bugs the shit outta me.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have an opinion on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s? I trust the opinion of you guys more than review sites on the net.

Fadaar

That guy

Did the Pixel 2 and beyond make huge improvement? I'm so vain... The obnoxious bezel at the top and bottom of my Pixel just bugs the shit outta me.

No idea, I'm still rocking a Pixel XL. I upgraded from a Note 4 as well and I agree, the phone is good but didn't really wow me like the Note did. Probably gonna give it another year before I upgrade phones again.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

I see you already ordered a new phone, but for posterity I use an iPhone on Fi.

My Nexus 6P stopped charging. It's a known logic board (?) defect; Google told me to get lost, LG told me they'd repair it for free if I sent it in but it was a 4-6 week wait. I told them if that was the best they could do they lost me as a customer forever, lady said oh well. I haven't sent in the phone because I'm unsure if they'll repair it or replace it.

I assume all other Android phones that aren't "approved" for Fi work the same as iPhones – it basically works, but no carrier switching, and MMS texts are hit or miss (they're a miss for me).

I'm happy with Project Fi but that incident had me quite upset and Google did nothing.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Buddy upgraded to the Note 9 from the Pixel XL and is in love. He says it feels like what a flagship phone should feel like. He loves it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I see you already ordered a new phone, but for posterity I use an iPhone on Fi.

My Nexus 6P stopped charging. It's a known logic board (?) defect; Google told me to get lost, LG told me they'd repair it for free if I sent it in but it was a 4-6 week wait. I told them if that was the best they could do they lost me as a customer forever, lady said oh well. I haven't sent in the phone because I'm unsure if they'll repair it or replace it.

I assume all other Android phones that aren't "approved" for Fi work the same as iPhones – it basically works, but no carrier switching, and MMS texts are hit or miss (they're a miss for me).

I'm happy with Project Fi but that incident had me quite upset and Google did nothing.

Google would have been responsible if you purchased it through them

Huawei repaired my 6p just before the 2 year warranty expired

No idea why you thought LG would be responsible for another companies phone, maybe that was the problem all along

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Oh, yeah I know unofficially you can use any phone really but I didn't want to go tht route.

Understandable. Fi's network stuff is nice.

As is, I have a cheap T-Mobile MVNO without MMS/group texts. iMessage helps.

I like the value I get under Fi. Haven't looked into switching.
Google would have been responsible if you purchased it through them

Huawei repaired my 6p just before the 2 year warranty expired

No idea why you thought LG would be responsible for another companies phone, maybe that was the problem all along

*Was a 5X, not a 6P.*

How is this not LG's phone? Big ass logo on the back says LG.

https://cdn0.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2015/09/Nexus.jpg

I did purchase the phone through Google, when I started my Fi account.

Defective phone with a known issue. Was just over a year old. Neither Google (who I bought the phone from and designed the phone with LG branding), nor LG (the manufacturer) offered any sort of fix in a reasonable time.

"Wait time is 4-6 weeks, enjoy life without a phone," I told them to take a hike.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Understandable. Fi's network stuff is nice.

As is, I have a cheap T-Mobile MVNO without MMS/group texts. iMessage helps.

I like the value I get under Fi. Haven't looked into switching.

*Was a 5X, not a 6P.*

How is this not LG's phone? Big ass logo on the back says LG.

https://cdn0.tnwcdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2015/09/Nexus.jpg

I did purchase the phone through Google, when I started my Fi account.

Defective phone with a known issue. Was just over a year old. Neither Google (who I bought the phone from and designed the phone with LG branding), nor LG (the manufacturer) offered any sort of fix in a reasonable time.

"Wait time is 4-6 weeks, enjoy life without a phone," I told them to take a hike.

Because you said 6p which is made by Huawei not LG