Smartphones

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got my pixel 2 xl a day early. So far I'm loving it.

It's way more responsive than my Nexus 6p was, everything to the touchscreen to apps loading. The screen definitely looks way better than the Nexus.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the bevelled scree. But it is what it is. Spigen case is great.

Biggest downside is using a dongle for aux output.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
If you have comcast xfinity internet you can get their service and it is very cheap. Wife and I pay $17.82 total a month since we together use less than 1GB data. The service piggy backs on Verizon towers and have till yet to have an issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If you have comcast xfinity internet you can get their service and it is very cheap. Wife and I pay $17.82 total a month since we together use less than 1GB data. The service piggy backs on Verizon towers and have till yet to have an issue.

I've been on it since launch and have no complaints. I'm grandfathered in on the $40 (?) a month unlimited plan? Been so long since I checked and never pay attention. But our Verizon coverage here is top notch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nexus 5X is a 3 year old phone. Maybe you hoped for more but that's pretty old for a device and well past the warranty so I think you're getting a little too salty about them not just replacing it for free at this point. If it went bad in 6 months it would be a different story.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Nice $2400 day today at the Verizon store. The wife had a note 4 I think and I had a note edge so it was time for a upgrade. Ending up getting 2 note 9's and I love it all ready. It's worth it just for the updated wifi.

With the case on the note 9 it's just about the same width as the old notes but still feels foriegn due to it being an inch longer.

Only problem so far is that the auto rotate screen is a bit wonky and doesn't work 100% without a few extra shimmy and shakes.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just don't really understand the difference between say a $200 phone and a $800 phone that really justifies the extra money

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Social signaling

It's about all there is these days. Everyone in my family has a Moto G5 or G6 now and the most anyone paid for their phone is $235. When I compare them to my Note 8 it's very difficult to see what you get for the extra money and they don't have any bullshit Samsung software to deal with.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's about all there is these days. Everyone in my family has a Moto G5 or G6 now and the most anyone paid for their phone is $235. When I compare them to my Note 8 it's very difficult to see what you get for the extra money and they don't have any bullshit Samsung software to deal with.
Yeah seems to me the difference is very tiny and certainly not worth 800-900 extra dollars.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Nexus 5X is a 3 year old phone. Maybe you hoped for more but that's pretty old for a device and well past the warranty so I think you're getting a little too salty about them not just replacing it for free at this point. If it went bad in 6 months it would be a different story.

The phone died over a year ago. I purchased it when it was the current Google model.

Either Google or LG could have stepped up and kept me as a customer. Neither showed any inclination towards a winning customer service attitude.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I just want a normal smartphone that isnt old, has a decent camera and under $300. I'm an android guy.

I got the Nokia 6.1 (2018) back in April (instead of one of the Moto phones) but I dont like it much. Cant return it either as I dropped it shortly after getting it and cracked the screen (cant find anyone to replace the screen in US)

Is Moto 5 or Moto 6 what everyone's using these days? Look like thats the case at least for BrutulTM BrutulTM and his family.

Anything else I should be looking at?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just want a normal smartphone that isnt old, has a decent camera and under $300. I'm an android guy.

I got the Nokia 6.1 (2018) back in April (instead of one of the Moto phones) but I dont like it much. Cant return it either as I dropped it shortly after getting it and cracked the screen (cant find anyone to replace the screen in US)

Is Moto 5 or Moto 6 what everyone's using these days? Look like thats the case at least for BrutulTM BrutulTM and his family.

I got the g5+ after his post and I'm super happy with it.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider

What did you not like about the Nokia?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What did you not like about the Nokia?

Randomly reboots and the camera software is atrocious. Lens and sensor itself seems to be fine but the software constantly produces exposed or underexposed photos, takes a long time to boot up and sometimes freezes and you gotta really baby it to get a photo that isnt blurry

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lost my Pixel 2 XL 64gb in Mexico and my insurance is sending me a 128 black /white one

I would rather have not lost mine in the first place, had to buy a shitty android as a temp device to keep taking photos for the rest of the trip

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lost my Pixel 2 XL 64gb in Mexico and my insurance is sending me a 128 black /white one

I would rather have not lost mine in the first place, had to buy a shitty android as a temp device to keep taking photos for the rest of the trip

You could have just bought a camera. For what you paid you would have gotten 10 times better pictures.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You could have just bought a camera. For what you paid you would have gotten 10 times better pictures.

Yeah but this way i can WhatsApp friends, stay up to date on work which needed handling, phone my insurance company. You can't go 10 days without a phone in this day and age

• 1Like