Smartphones

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just upgraded from a Note 5 to a Pixel 2 and it's been fantastic. The combination of better hardware plus Android 9 makes it feel like a much better upgrade than it is on paper. Also, the screen is lower on the PPI but to me everything looks better on the pixel side by side. Camera is everything reviews said it was. Couldn't be happier ATM.

rad

Lord of Guk
Nice $2400 day today at the Verizon store. The wife had a note 4 I think and I had a note edge so it was time for a upgrade. Ending up getting 2 note 9's and I love it all ready. It's worth it just for the updated wifi.

With the case on the note 9 it's just about the same width as the old notes but still feels foriegn due to it being an inch longer.

Only problem so far is that the auto rotate screen is a bit wonky and doesn't work 100% without a few extra shimmy and shakes.

Damn man, did they already end the BOGO? Upgraded as a preorder a few weeks ago and got one free. Loving the power, very nice phone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You are missing that Apple is fucking retarded. Their “budget” phone is more expensive than last years iPhone 8 and is rocking a 2010 screen resolution.

And they continue their absolute abysmal storage pricing, $150 to go from 64 to 256. They conveniently skip what would be the most popular storage point at 128 so they can charge their extortionary prices, knowing that no one wants a fucking 64gb phone in 2019. I was considering getting an iPhone xs max, but fuck $1250 dollars for a phone that at the end of the day isn’t much better than a phone one third of the price.

Guess they gotta pay for all that renewable energy somehow

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Apple knows they can rip off their customers and get away with it. Their sheep eat up almost anything they put out.

• 2Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Apple. The tech of yesterday, at the prices of tomorrow.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone use any of those phone mounts for the car dashboard? Any opinions?

I use one of those Ram X-Grip mounts that sticks to the windshield since getting something to stick to my dash reliably is a pain in the ass. I've had it for a few years and am happy with it, though it's definitely not the cheapest of options.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anyone use any of those phone mounts for the car dashboard? Any opinions?
I've gone through 4 or 5 in the last year, hate all of then.

I really need to find a good windshield phone mount, but I also need a tablet/laptop stand that sits in the passenger seat like cop cars have. I've found a few nice ones, but nothing that is easy to remove as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Couple weeks with the pixel 2 xl now.. most impressive feature, this battery! My Nexus 6p barely made it through work with moderate use. I used the Pixel 2 ALL DAY when we were in Maine and it was barely 50% at night time. Phone seems crazy fast, and the speeds apps open/close is nuts.

I love this phone.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Apple knows they can rip off their customers and get away with it. Their sheep eat up almost anything they put out.
My brother in law is super excited and can't wait to buy his new $1100 phone. No, I am not kidding.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Couple weeks with the pixel 2 xl now.. most impressive feature, this battery! My Nexus 6p barely made it through work with moderate use. I used the Pixel 2 ALL DAY when we were in Maine and it was barely 50% at night time. Phone seems crazy fast, and the speeds apps open/close is nuts.

I love this phone.

I was really impressed with my XL2's battery when I first got it, too, but it's gone downhill quite a bit in the last 6 months.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was really impressed with my XL2's battery when I first got it, too, but it's gone downhill quite a bit in the last 6 months.

Install accubattery and see how much it has detoriated. Fully charging it to 100 wears it out quicker

My insurance is sending me a refurbished phone and if the battery is significantly degraded I'll be on to them

I only charged my Pixel 2xl to 80% every time

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm getting sick of Android. Fucking changing contact colors to pastel. Swear that company is ran by nothing but tranies and binary dumbfucks.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity