Smartphones

Lenas

Tread Lightly
<Donors Crew>
1d 9h 22m
Reactions
892 86 0 0
Just upgraded from a Note 5 to a Pixel 2 and it's been fantastic. The combination of better hardware plus Android 9 makes it feel like a much better upgrade than it is on paper. Also, the screen is lower on the PPI but to me everything looks better on the pixel side by side. Camera is everything reviews said it was. Couldn't be happier ATM.

rad

Lord of Guk
<Donors Crew>
7d 9h 4m
Reactions
909 54 0 0
Nice $2400 day today at the Verizon store. The wife had a note 4 I think and I had a note edge so it was time for a upgrade. Ending up getting 2 note 9's and I love it all ready. It's worth it just for the updated wifi.

With the case on the note 9 it's just about the same width as the old notes but still feels foriegn due to it being an inch longer.

Only problem so far is that the auto rotate screen is a bit wonky and doesn't work 100% without a few extra shimmy and shakes.
Damn man, did they already end the BOGO? Upgraded as a preorder a few weeks ago and got one free. Loving the power, very nice phone.

Ritley

<Donors Crew>
9d 23h 48m
Reactions
12,117 422 0 0
Decided to listen in to the Apple presentation thing, are they always this cringe-y?

Ritley

<Donors Crew>
9d 23h 48m
Reactions
12,117 422 0 0
You are missing that Apple is fucking retarded. Their “budget” phone is more expensive than last years iPhone 8 and is rocking a 2010 screen resolution.

And they continue their absolute abysmal storage pricing, $150 to go from 64 to 256. They conveniently skip what would be the most popular storage point at 128 so they can charge their extortionary prices, knowing that no one wants a fucking 64gb phone in 2019. I was considering getting an iPhone xs max, but fuck $1250 dollars for a phone that at the end of the day isn’t much better than a phone one third of the price.

Guess they gotta pay for all that renewable energy somehow

Araxen

<Donors Crew>
11d 2h 17m
Reactions
1,771 171 0 0
Apple knows they can rip off their customers and get away with it. Their sheep eat up almost anything they put out.

slippery

<Donors Crew>
9d 8h 25m
Reactions
2,127 78 0 0
Only way to fix things like that is speak with your dollars, and don't give them to them.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Moderation Tools>
15d 15h 41m
Reactions
1,407 80 0 0
Anyone use any of those phone mounts for the car dashboard? Any opinions?
I use one of those Ram X-Grip mounts that sticks to the windshield since getting something to stick to my dash reliably is a pain in the ass. I've had it for a few years and am happy with it, though it's definitely not the cheapest of options.

Bandwagon

Drones and stuff
<Donors Crew>
14d 12h 17m
Reactions
8,273 1,048 0 0
Anyone use any of those phone mounts for the car dashboard? Any opinions?
I've gone through 4 or 5 in the last year, hate all of then.

I really need to find a good windshield phone mount, but I also need a tablet/laptop stand that sits in the passenger seat like cop cars have. I've found a few nice ones, but nothing that is easy to remove as well.

Noodleface

Delicious Noodles
5d 23h 37m
Reactions
6,858 1,072 0 0
Couple weeks with the pixel 2 xl now.. most impressive feature, this battery! My Nexus 6p barely made it through work with moderate use. I used the Pixel 2 ALL DAY when we were in Maine and it was barely 50% at night time. Phone seems crazy fast, and the speeds apps open/close is nuts.

I love this phone.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Donor All-Stars>
10d 10h 10m
Reactions
2,195 371 0 0
Apple knows they can rip off their customers and get away with it. Their sheep eat up almost anything they put out.
My brother in law is super excited and can't wait to buy his new $1100 phone. No, I am not kidding.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
9d 19h 28m
Reactions
4,441 1,874 0 0
Couple weeks with the pixel 2 xl now.. most impressive feature, this battery! My Nexus 6p barely made it through work with moderate use. I used the Pixel 2 ALL DAY when we were in Maine and it was barely 50% at night time. Phone seems crazy fast, and the speeds apps open/close is nuts.

I love this phone.
I was really impressed with my XL2's battery when I first got it, too, but it's gone downhill quite a bit in the last 6 months.

Ossoi

Vyemm Raider
5d 11h 26m
Reactions
2,277 852 0 0
I was really impressed with my XL2's battery when I first got it, too, but it's gone downhill quite a bit in the last 6 months.
Install accubattery and see how much it has detoriated. Fully charging it to 100 wears it out quicker

My insurance is sending me a refurbished phone and if the battery is significantly degraded I'll be on to them

I only charged my Pixel 2xl to 80% every time

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Donor All-Stars>
11d 11h 33m
Reactions
1,044 502 0 0
I'm getting sick of Android. Fucking changing contact colors to pastel. Swear that company is ran by nothing but tranies and binary dumbfucks.

Vlett

Knight of the Realm
2h 23m
Reactions
1 0 0 0
I'm getting sick of Android. Fucking changing contact colors to pastel. Swear that company is ran by nothing but tranies and binary dumbfucks.
I changed my theme to black. Easy on the eyes.