Smartphones

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
At that price, the Moto G6 for $230 or G6 Play for $200 is probably going to be your best bet. I think you can get them slightly discounted from Amazon if you don't mind lock screen Amazon ads.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Really hard to justify buying the Pixel 3 or 3 XL. I don't care about the camera, but I like Project Fi as a carrier, and my options to upgrade are limited. Thinking I'll just buy that LG V35. Not much of an upgrade, but just getting a newly built battery could be a game-changer.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If I did upgrade, I would probably get the 3 instead of the 3XL, as it has the same screen size as the Pixel XL. When I bought it, I did justify paying for it by planning on keeping it for 3 years, though it would be nice to have a device with a fresh battery.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If I did upgrade, I would probably get the 3 instead of the 3XL, as it has the same screen size as the Pixel XL. When I bought it, I did justify paying for it by planning on keeping it for 3 years, though it would be nice to have a device with a fresh battery.
I changed my order from the XL to just the 3. That notch is fucking awful, and the little bit of extra screen just wasn't worth it to me.

Got my delivery confirmation for Thursday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Has anyone encountered a situation where their phones stop giving notifications/getting push notifications while it's on standby? I'm often having hour old emails first pop up when I pick up my phone and there are some other things seemingly not updating as they should.

LG G4 (android obv) if it matters

Argarth

On the verandah
At that price, the Moto G6 for $230 or G6 Play for $200 is probably going to be your best bet. I think you can get them slightly discounted from Amazon if you don't mind lock screen Amazon ads.

I've had my Moto G6 for a few months now. Superb build quality, looks great, fast charging, and no wasted screen space. Came unlocked and with almost no "bloat-ware". Love it.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've posted this before, but my mom, brother, sister, and sister-in-law all have G5s or G6s and like them a lot. Those phones really make it hard to see what you're paying 3 times the price for with a flagship phone.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah well thanks for the Motorola suggestions. Showed them (and the Xiaomis) to the wife and she said "hey I always had Samsung phones, what, these things are ugly" and now I'm all sorts of rustled.

Bitch can go buy her own phone without me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My Samsung saga continues... Some play by plays...

• Pre-ordered Note 9
  • Received Note 9 damaged
  • Submitted for return due to damage
  • Sent phone to Samsung, and Samsung rejected return
  • Found out Samsung rejected return due to damage, the exact reason I was trying to return it
  • Over a month later, finally get to send the phone back to Samsung again
  • Received just last week that they rejected the return again, won't know until I get phone back what the exact reason was
  • Running out of energy to keep fighting this...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
High tech phone repair kits. Hmm guitar picks apparently, and a suction cup. Cutting edge tech.

Motorola partners with iFixit to offer official phone repair kits

ALAX5PyCWnHePaJV.jpg

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Doesn't have to be fancy, it just has to work. Same shit I used when I was repairing phones for awhile & they work pretty slick

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My Samsung saga continues... Some play by plays...

• Pre-ordered Note 9
  • Received Note 9 damaged
  • Submitted for return due to damage
  • Sent phone to Samsung, and Samsung rejected return
  • Found out Samsung rejected return due to damage, the exact reason I was trying to return it
  • Over a month later, finally get to send the phone back to Samsung again
  • Received just last week that they rejected the return again, won't know until I get phone back what the exact reason was
  • Running out of energy to keep fighting this...
Are you ordering straight from Samsung, also, have you spoken to anyone over the phone about the issue?

Crone

Are you ordering straight from Samsung, also, have you spoken to anyone over the phone about the issue?
Yep, ordered directly from Samsung.com because they were giving me $300 for my old S7 Edge. I'm dealing with Samsung's E-commerce department, over the phone, and in E-mail. The "warehouse" is who makes the reject or accept decisions, and I've been told multiple times over the phone that they can not get in touch with that department directly. And until I get my phone shipped back to me, there is zero record in the system, again, according to multiple phone people, about why exactly my phone is returned. There is a piece of paper inside the phone box that'll have something circled or highlighted telling me why it was returned.

As of right now I'm waiting to get my phone back for the second time so I can figure out why it was rejected this time.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Always bs when one department "can't talk to the other". Unless their returns or whatever are handled by an entirely separate company, but even then sounds like bullshit.

Crone

Always bs when one department "can't talk to the other". Unless their returns or whatever are handled by an entirely separate company, but even then sounds like bullshit.
Oh I completely agree with you. I get different answers every time I talk to someone else. Few weeks ago, I asked in an email what they are going to do for me because of how long this mess has taken to resolve, and I heard they were "trying" to see about a $25-50 credit or something. They didn't even know how much it was going to be.

Crone

Just keep asking for managers when you call, until you get someone who actually does something.
One time I asked for a manager, and they gave me the sure, hang on a sec. Came back, and said no manager is available, but they couldn't do anything anyway. I said, I still want to talk to one. Well they are not available, and again sir, they can't do anything that we haven't already done.

It's been a shit show, to put it nicely.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Managers always train underlings to say the manager can't do anything the manager couldn't do, or to say anything to avoid getting an actual manager involved. It's customer service 101.

"How can I escalate this to someone who can actually take care of the problem and ensure I don't encounter the same thing that has happened twice now?" Because apparently Mr baseline entry level employee hasn't done dick.