Smartphones

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Emailed that VP guy of Customer Care at Samsung last night, and this morning I get an email from "Escalations". Despite normal customer service saying that my problem was escalated multiple times, I never received an email from Escalations, so maybe my email did something? Granted, it just says that a ticket has been created, and they will get in touch with me within 24 hours, unless their busy and it'll take longer than that.... lol

Sounds like the VP told someone to do their job, hope it works out for you.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like Vp wants to deal with nothing, but want them to take care of you. Good luck sir!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks guys! I hope it gets resolved. For the email I figured out it's been 54 days now since Samsung first received back my phone. I've been through all the stages of grief with this situation, and at this point it's just comical. I can only laugh at how crazy it's been to try and exchange out my phone. Not to mention this whole time Samsung Financing is yelling at me to pay the bills, which I have.

If you guys care to see, the email I sent is in the spoilers below with some info of course deleted.

Hello sir,

I hope this email finds you well. I'm a little nervous to be reaching out to someone of your position, but I feel I have no where else to turn and hope that we can find a resolution. Phone, chat, and email support have not been able to resolve this issue, and I even reached out on Twitter who directed me back to the E-commerce department.

I pre-ordered the Galaxy Note 9 on August 12, 2018 and was very excited to receive my phone. I received my phone August 23, 2018. The Galaxy Note 9 was damaged, right out of the box. Per instructions from E-commerce chat support I submitted for a return due to physical damage, and when I returned the phone to Samsung, you rejected the return for physical damage. The exact reason I was returning the phone.

The original return was received by Samsung on September 13, 2018, and now as of the date of this email, 53 days later the issue is still not resolved. After working with customer service to generate a second return label for my Galaxy Note 9, to my disappointment, my return was rejected a second time. This happened October 23, 2018, and now 2 weeks later I still do not have my Galaxy Note 9 back. The latest ticket number referenced below is to escalate the situation to try and track down where my Galaxy Note 9 is. I hope Samsung has not lost my phone?

My name is , and live at , and I'm reaching out to you for help. My temporary phone number is . I've been a long time Samsung fan, and all I want is a non-damaged Galaxy Note 9.

Samsung Order #:
E-commerce Support Ticket #:
Original Support Chat Log ID:

Thank you for your time, and appreciate any help you can provide.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got a problem with my pixel 2, wonder if anyone else has had this.

I'm always on wifi at home and I always check. The last few days apparently I used 4Gb of data with twitch and youtube. I did notice that video was always buffering so I should've noticed but specifically saw I was on wifi so whatever. Clearly not but basically that's $40 on fi. I turned on dev options , shut off fast network switching, rebooted phone, turned off mobile data at home. What else can I do?

Also, I know it's my phone because my wife was unaffected

Crone

Omg. To be honest, I had no idea that this was going to be so fancy. Office of the president? Now I feel fucking taken care of! I suppose that's the point, right?

Katrina (Samsung Office of The President)

Nov 8, 19:01 EST

Hello

Thank you for contacting Samsung Direct, Office of the President. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Your feedback is very important, as it allows us to better understand how we can improve our consumer’s customer service experience. We are sorry to hear that you’re experiencing an issue with your www.Samsung.com order. I understand you have returned your device twice and it has been returned to you the first time, however you did not receive it back the second time. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of this. Please know you have reached the highest level of support and you do not need to continue calling in or spending any more of your time reaching out to us, as I have taken complete ownership of your case and will be assisting you moving forward. At this time, we have started an investigation on this and we will reach back out to you immediately once we have an update to provide. Again, we apologize for the experience you have been through. Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with in the meantime.

Thank you for choosing Samsung.

Best regards,
Katrina G.

Office of the President | Samsung Direct eCommerce Escalations

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

I'm about to switch my service off of VZW to Spectrum Mobile. Still Verizon's network, but that part has always been fine, it's VZW itself that I am sick of. Pretty much down to getting the iPhone XR or Samsung S8. The new iPhones look like a significant improvement over previous models, while the S9 really doesn't look like it offers anything new that I would give a shit about. I'm hard-capping the monthly charge at the $31.25 models so that rules out the S9+.

My big concern is the screen though. My Droid DNA from like 2013 was 1080p, and Apple is still clinging onto some sort of bizarro 1792x828 resolution... And new Samsungs are not only 2960x1440 but also AMOLED screens. Admittedly I haven't seen the X series in person but how does that not look like dogshit compared to the S8 or S9? I'm only considering iPhones at all because of how much I despise Google and would love to never use anything they touch ever again, but the screen is the one thing I really care about when it comes to smartphones.

Anyone have an XR and care to comment on how you've found the screen after having it for a while?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Android pie is shit. Why the fuck do I have to have this stupid google bar on my screen? Eat shit google. Discuss.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Search bar has been on the default launcher for a long time. Get Nova Launcher.
I was able to remove it prior to pie. I never liked using launchers but I guess I can try. Also, pie sucks dick, do not upgrade.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just imagine if you were on Apple you wouldn't be able to remove it no matter what you did. To me that's one of the beauties of Android

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Free YouTube RED ... VIA a custom made youtube player... Non-Root Downloads - YouTube Vanced several version for non-root/rooted, and magisk android phones(sorry iOS users but apple has that shit on lockdown).. If on a non-rooted phone, you will need to also grab MicroG APK(if you want too have you subs etc on the cracked player)...

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm about to switch my service off of VZW to Spectrum Mobile. Still Verizon's network, but that part has always been fine, it's VZW itself that I am sick of. Pretty much down to getting the iPhone XR or Samsung S8. The new iPhones look like a significant improvement over previous models, while the S9 really doesn't look like it offers anything new that I would give a shit about. I'm hard-capping the monthly charge at the $31.25 models so that rules out the S9+.

My big concern is the screen though. My Droid DNA from like 2013 was 1080p, and Apple is still clinging onto some sort of bizarro 1792x828 resolution... And new Samsungs are not only 2960x1440 but also AMOLED screens. Admittedly I haven't seen the X series in person but how does that not look like dogshit compared to the S8 or S9? I'm only considering iPhones at all because of how much I despise Google and would love to never use anything they touch ever again, but the screen is the one thing I really care about when it comes to smartphones.

Anyone have an XR and care to comment on how you've found the screen after having it for a while?
Because Apple legacy is tied to that fucked up resolution and their aps aren't designed around scaling across hundreds of differently sized and resolution devices... Irony is the screens on their latest phones are made by Samsung and completely capable of a higher resolution. That exact screen is offered on at least three other Android devices.

Crone

Samsung is fully refunding me for my Note 9 purchase. Who knows at this point where my Note 9 actually is. Then they are giving me a $300 promo code to account for the phone trade in. I'm still pushing them about the AKG N60 headphones that I lose out on now, because that was part of the pre-order promo, and also what are they going to do to compensate me for 2 months of time without my phone.

Even if they do nothing, I'm pretty happy. For Black Friday, Samsung is discounting the Note 9 down to $600! 4 hundred bucks off what I was paying. Will apply the $300 trade in code to that, and have the Note 9 out the door for $300.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Samsung is fully refunding me for my Note 9 purchase. Who knows at this point where my Note 9 actually is. Then they are giving me a $300 promo code to account for the phone trade in. I'm still pushing them about the AKG N60 headphones that I lose out on now, because that was part of the pre-order promo, and also what are they going to do to compensate me for 2 months of time without my phone.

Even if they do nothing, I'm pretty happy. For Black Friday, Samsung is discounting the Note 9 down to $600! 4 hundred bucks off what I was paying. Will apply the $300 trade in code to that, and have the Note 9 out the door for $300.
I picked up a Note 9 last week from Verizon and I absolutely love the phone. Only issue I came across is the case and screen protector. I'm using an Otterbox defender case and the Zagg Invisi-shield curved protector. When I put the case on my phone the bottom part of the plastic case pushed up the screen protector and caused bubbles at the bottom side of my screen protector. I tried scraping the bubbles out with the soft scraper but no luck. They just keep coming back. So I'm going to try the Whitestone dome screen protector which cures the glass on the phone and I ordered a Spigen tough armor case with kickstand from Amazon.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

The XR is shit. XS is beyond better.

XS has second rear cam for depth and a neural net chip for better frame-by-frame processing of video (images) for arkit. The chip is also great for CoreML (their machine learning framework).

in response to resolutions, shit pisses me off. My most recent bug in some app im building. Its suppose to be fullscreen.

8-F54-FA8-E-BB4-B-49-C9-9-B8-B-F09-E0-CEC9-A5-C.png

09-DC8-E9-B-009-E-4-F94-B44-B-A872978-CB042.png

Crone

Yea Nola Nola the Note 9 was fantastic the very short time that I used it. Really looking forward to getting it again.

So the latest is that Samsung can't guarantee that the promo code will work on Black Friday, but it's a one time use code, so apparently if I try and use it, and it doesn't work, it's burned. I told them that's stupid, and I expect to get another code if they are going to have me test it since they can't give me an answer.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The XR is shit. XS is beyond better.

XS has second rear cam for depth and a neural net chip for better frame-by-frame processing of video (images) for arkit. The chip is also great for CoreML (their machine learning framework).

in response to resolutions, shit pisses me off. My most recent bug in some app im building. Its suppose to be fullscreen.

8-F54-FA8-E-BB4-B-49-C9-9-B8-B-F09-E0-CEC9-A5-C.png

09-DC8-E9-B-009-E-4-F94-B44-B-A872978-CB042.png

Nobody wants to live in your closets. Even if that is the only place frenzy spawns.