Smartphones

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder how hard that motorized camera is to replace because that thing doesn't look like it's going to last long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Pixel 4 Speculation

Google may have only just announced its Pixel 3a and 3a XL smartphones, but rumors about this year's forthcoming Pixel 4 are already appearing, and the latest alleged leak suggests the search giant's redesigned handset will lack physical buttons.

• 2Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
If I could get rid of my smartphone I seriously would. I am on call 24/7 unfortunately though. I am considering trying to find a pager that works with email notifications that are pushed. I’ve never used a pager though lol. Any suggestions so I can go back to team Nokia?

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a lovely visit from one of my former coworkers today, been laid up with a pressure sore on my foot, so it was nice to get some social interaction, and then bonus points because I got to play with his 3a. Not a bad little phone, especially given it's price point. I've been a Samsung user for awhile now, and have to admit I'm not looking forward to upgrading with their phone prices constantly going higher. Depending on what's out in about 6 months when I upgrade, I'll probably be looking at one of the Pixels this go around.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I could get by with the most basic of basic smartphone and yet I always get crazy expensive top of the line Samsung or Apple devices. I think I'm done with doing that though.

I'd sell my Note 9 right now, but with how Verizon does their discounts now, it wouldn't be worth it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've had a Pixel 2 XL for awhile now and it's the best phone I've ever had, and it wasn't even super expensive - I think $399.

We got my wife a Pixel 3 on the Google Fi anniversary for $399 or 349 or whatever and it's really nice as well. No way in hell I'd pay $800+ like some of you dudes do, and I use my phone A LOT.

Careful with the 3a, they cut a lot of corners intentionally to keep the cost down. This isn't to disparage the device, you just have to realize it's half price of a Pixel 3 for a reason.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Huawei getting nuked by Google is making me consider replacing my Honor that i bought in Feb :/ Shitty. What do?

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
OnePlus 7 Pro?
Lack of sd card and too expensive. I don’t pay more than 300 for cell phones. Moto G7 seems likely in my future. But I will wait and see wtf is going to happen to my phone first.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Lack of sd card and too expensive. I don’t pay more than 300 for cell phones. Moto G7 seems likely in my future. But I will wait and see wtf is going to happen to my phone first.
Nokia 7.1 or Moto G7 yeah.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Not happy about having to transfer everything between phones again. Shit takes forever.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If I renew my wireless contract I can get a Note 9 for $0 or an s10 Plus for $100.

Thoughts?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
too bad huawei got fucked by US and Google....every reviewer I've read is saying Huawei's got the best camera phone....

I have Pixel 2 XL right now and I have had nothing but problems...I am actually in the process of getting it sent out and get a refurbished one because the phone is not able to register USB Connection...jesus..

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's weird. I have a pixel 2 XL and haven't had any issues except the stupid fucking USB C to 3.5mm dongle it comes with is absolutely garbage.

On that note does anyone recommend a brand of cable for replacement? I bought some on Amazon and apparently they were a scam and the market is saturated with horse shit