Smartphones

Luthair

Golden Knight of the Realm
15h 37m
bro, brackets [ this ] not < that >

I totally agree about 3rd party crap. It's why I bought the Nexus in the first place. I'd have traded up for a Pixel by now, but a focus on cameras aren't worth the huge price tag to me. My Nexus is in perfect condition because I don't break my things. Stock Android is very nice.
Yea, I've been on Nexus since the 4, if the Nexus 6P I own didn't have battery issues I probably wouldn't be looking to upgrade. The Pixel 3 devices were the obvious answer but all reports system stability is a complete shit-show this generation and I wanted to avoid the stupidity of USB headphones. That said, since returning the s10 I stumbled upon a Pixel 2 XL deal for ~1/3 the cost of the S10, hasn't shipped yet but for saving 800 CAD I'll deal with the idiocy of dongles.

Sorry it sucked so bad for you. The S10 is a sweet phone hardware wise.
I don't think the hardware is great, at least from my experience the in screen fingerprint reader was poor and around half the time I had to login with a PIN. I also found that holding the s10 tended to trigger phantom touches on the sides of the device because of the lack of bezels, maybe would have been solved with a case /shrug. I'm not sure if its a "me" thing but I also found the size and aspect ratio of the display caused it to feel cramped, it felt too narrow in portrait and not tall enough in landscape.

• Solidarity
Reactions: Agraza

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Donors Crew>
12d 22h 52m
I have an S8 and I will agree that the samsung spam for their shitty apps is horrendous. I won't be buying another Samsung phone. Fuck paying a premium for a subpar software experience.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: Jysin and Agraza

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
16d 8h 26m
I have an S10 and don't experience any of those issues. The fingerprint reader is awesome unless my hands are greasy or wet. Which is almost never. I also don't know what you're talking about with the anti-malware popups. Have never seen that. First time you launch a task it will ask you which app is your preferred for that task.

Crone

Vyemm Raider
17d 11h 7m
I have an S10 and don't experience any of those issues. The fingerprint reader is awesome unless my hands are greasy or wet. Which is almost never. I also don't know what you're talking about with the anti-malware popups. Have never seen that. First time you launch a task it will ask you which app is your preferred for that task.
This is what I'm saying. I have the Note 9, and never experience malware popups, or anything else you are experiencing? When you launch a task, you have the option to say Just Once, or Always, and if you choose Just Once, it'll continue to pop up and ask every time you launch that same task.

People on this thread for a very long time have been bitching about bloatware, and bad software experiences, but all the way back to my Note 5, it's not been bad at all, and only gotten better, so I don't get it. What am I missing?

Reactions: Jin Furai

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Donors Crew>
12d 22h 52m
You're probably using all the Samsung shit. If you try to stick with the google apps the samsung stuff never stops begging you to use it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
16d 8h 26m
I'm all-in on Google. Except for the Samsung music player. That's a solid app.