Smartphones

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i mean thats happened to me with a note4 or my current lg stylo4

hey quick question for you stylus ppl (i don't remember on my note4) but when you take out the pen, it goes to automatic (or whatever you designate to launch) note taking app. you can just click "x" and then use the phone like normal, bypass all biometric/pin/pattern/face security features?
On the new Note phones, there is the ability to take notes on the black "off" screen. Forget what they call it. So if you take the Pen out, while the screen is off, it'll go to that, and you still have to unlock the phone to get into any other app you want.

And holy shit, I dropped my phone and the stylus broke in half quite a while ago, and I just assumed for some reason that Samsung was gonna rape you for like $150 for the replacement. Just looked, and $21 for the yellow/blue colored one which is the one I had before. Ordered it immediately.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
i mean thats happened to me with a note4 or my current lg stylo4

hey quick question for you stylus ppl (i don't remember on my note4) but when you take out the pen, it goes to automatic (or whatever you designate to launch) note taking app. you can just click "x" and then use the phone like normal, bypass all biometric/pin/pattern/face security features?

They fixed that. I think my note 3/4 edge was like that.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
My work is going to end up paying for a phone upgrade from AT&T, so I am looking at the following phones:

Samsung Galaxy S10+
Samsung Note 10
Samsung Note 10+
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4XL

I am coming from Nexus/Pixel use Galaxy Nexus to Nexus 4 to Nexus 5 to Nexus 6p to Pixel XL. I'd mostly use my phone for browsing the net and watching videos besides making phone calls and texting.

What does the board suggest?

I used this for the the two phones of mine and its a very solid extra safety. This will take a pretty huge hit to the surface and protect and or break before the actual screen gets damaged. I would say its not needed at all but extra is extra.

20190111_171005.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I used this for the the two phones of mine and its a very solid extra safety. This will take a pretty huge hit to the surface and protect and or break before the actual screen gets damaged. I would say its not needed at all but extra is extra.

View attachment 244013
dude whatever the fuck that ashtray thing is, is giving me the heebie jeebies

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

View attachment 244013

I'm definitely a screen protector guy. I was actually really worried about getting a curved screen protected so this is great news.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus seems like i go through 1 screen protector every 3 months, the usual culprit is it slips out of my home shorts and hits the computer chair (the rollers are metal)

anyway, the screen protectors i got for my wife (she is iphone, 2 of em) use a plastic template and it's easy, just fit on and drop in.
i found one for my stylo4 now
b7b47803252179866d48b494169edb3f.png

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 244013
I second this. This is all I use. It's pretty expensive but well worth the money.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
jesus seems like i go through 1 screen protector every 3 months, the usual culprit is it slips out of my home shorts and hits the computer chair (the rollers are metal)

anyway, the screen protectors i got for my wife (she is iphone, 2 of em) use a plastic template and it's easy, just fit on and drop in.
i found one for my stylo4 now
b7b47803252179866d48b494169edb3f.png
Have you tried not putting it into your home shorts?

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Dropped my S9 on the driveway today changing brakes, what's the best new Android on Verizon?

S10 5g?

Do not bother with anything 5G for at least another year. The SoCs Qualcomm showed off have the 5G modem separate so it will increase battery drain. That is assuming you can even get a 5G connection anywhere.

5G has a much shorter range than 4G, so they are going to need a lot more towers for the same coverage. It's only going to be in dense urban areas for a good while.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Do not bother with anything 5G for at least another year. The SoCs Qualcomm showed off have the 5G modem separate so it will increase battery drain. That is assuming you can even get a 5G connection anywhere.

5G has a much shorter range than 4G, so they are going to need a lot more towers for the same coverage. It's only going to be in dense urban areas for a good while.

But bigger number is better!!!1!!one!!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
5G is a fucking gimmick right now, wait another year before even thinking of getting one..(from what I understand Verizon is waiting till the long range 5G radios come out before doing upgrades.)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this deal is still going on, 10000MaH battery pack for 3bucks
you have to two things
1. clip the $6 coupon then at checkout, enter
2. FLVQSVC7

and it's 3bucks good brand 10000MaH

honestly all my battery packs are 15000 to 20000MaH and i have one set that uses lighting to charge and another that uses usbC to charge (to cut down on cables for one iphone and one droid), but for 3bucks, it's a great backup, i'll probably use it for my car and power the backup cam since it has parking mode and i don't want to drain the car battery.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
this deal is still going on, 10000MaH battery pack for 3bucks
you have to two things
1. clip the $6 coupon then at checkout, enter
2. FLVQSVC7

and it's 3bucks good brand 10000MaH

honestly all my battery packs are 15000 to 20000MaH and i have one set that uses lighting to charge and another that uses usbC to charge (to cut down on cables for one iphone and one droid), but for 3bucks, it's a great backup, i'll probably use it for my car and power the backup cam since it has parking mode and i don't want to drain the car battery.
Amazon just canceled my order. Those bastards D:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Any other Android users constantly getting Google Music downloads? It looks like any other app update, but happens multiple times a day. No idea why it's doing it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Any other Android users constantly getting Google Music downloads? It looks like any other app update, but happens multiple times a day. No idea why it's doing it.
see it usually when i open play music and just assumed it was validating that the items i marked for download were up to date.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
see it usually when i open play music and just assumed it was validating that the items i marked for download were up to date.
Yeah it isn't that. It literally just randomly downloads what appears to be an update 15+ times a day.