Smartphones

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I learned something today. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and all the colors are inverted like a photo-negative. I rebooted and the splash screens are normal colors but then as soon as the home screen pops up it's inverted again. I'm out in the hills with no internet coverage so I can't google it and spent the whole afternoon thinking my phone is fucked and I'm going to have to do yet another warranty replacement and put myself back onto the refurbished phone merry go round. Finally got home and learn that it's actually a feature for people with bad eyes or reading at night and somehow I managed to unlock the phone, flip to the second home screen, open settings, scroll to the bottom, open accessibility options, and flip that toggle, then get back out to the home screen just from the phone banging around in my pocket. Anyway it was weird. Cool story bro.
You had the MotoX right?

They released this "feature" as a ninja fix without telling anyone, it didn't even require downloading an update. I think it was time-released. I don't know.

Anyways, lot of people complained that it just turned on by itself the first day. You can just pull down from the top of the phone (clock/battery) and the setting is called Invert Colors right on that screen.

Saves you from going into options.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Ah cool, yes it is a Moto X. Not a big deal, I'm just glad my phone wasn't fucked up.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Just went all yolo and signed up for Project Fi (and a Nexus 6) since I got the invite. I've been tempted to move for a while and figured screw it I'll give it a shot.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Pulled the trigger on a note 4 today. Want to keep dat removable battery. Going from a galaxy nexus to this is crazy. The screen is so sensitive compared to my gn. I keep opening shit with my big dumb hands by accident.

TouchWiz has some ugly menus, man

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm due for an upgrade but the new HTC One has lackluster reviews so I'm wanting to go Project Fi...but no invite here either. Considering I walk past the Google facility where they are doing much of the Project Fi work I'm sure I'm in a covered area.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Pulled the trigger on a note 4 today. Want to keep dat removable battery. Going from a galaxy nexus to this is crazy. The screen is so sensitive compared to my gn. I keep opening shit with my big dumb hands by accident.

TouchWiz has some ugly menus, man
I can't believe you were still using a Galaxy Nexus. The last time I turned mine on I was shocked by how terrible the screen/battery life/phone in general were and that was like a year ago.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm all about riding out the full three year wireless contract.

I got one for my wife too, who's replacing her iPhone 4s.

You can almost stack three iPhone 4s's on their side to fill up a Note 4 screen.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is anyone like me when they get a new phone: They stare at the battery life wondering 'is that draining too fast? that seems fast'.

I'm the same when I get a "new" car. I eyeball the fuel gauge for weeks wondering if I'm driving a fuelbeast.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm all about riding out the full three year wireless contract.

I got one for my wife too, who's replacing her iPhone 4s.

You can almost stack three iPhone 4s's on their side to fill up a Note 4 screen.
The Canadian contracts are two years now, so if you've got two years into your three year contract you're free to break it. Once I'm ready to buy a new phone I'm bailing on Rogers and heading to Wind. Rogers recently decided that my deal was "too good" and that it "expired", thus doubling my monthly fees.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I upgraded from an iPhone 4 (yes, regular old 4) to my Moto X and it was like I just walked through the pearly gates

Pizoi

Golden Squire
The Canadian contracts are two years now, so if you've got two years into your three year contract you're free to break it. Once I'm ready to buy a new phone I'm bailing on Rogers and heading to Wind. Rogers recently decided that my deal was "too good" and that it "expired", thus doubling my monthly fees.
I wish Wind would expand to more cities. The seem to be the only carrier in Canada that isn't hell bent on fucking its customers in the ass with outrageous data fees. I'm in Kelowna, and would ditch bell for them in a fucking heartbeat.

I upgraded from an iPhone 4 (yes, regular old 4) to my Moto X and it was like I just walked through the pearly gates
I went from an original Samsung Galaxy S to a Oneplus One. It was like going from my old Tandy 1000 TX to a brand new computer with an SSD. Feels good man.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wish Wind would expand to more cities. The seem to be the only carrier in Canada that isn't hell bent on fucking its customers in the ass with outrageous data fees. I'm in Kelowna, and would ditch bell for them in a fucking heartbeat.
Yea, Wind has this whole chicken and the egg issue, where they require a huge amount of capital to compete against the big carriers and expand but it's hard to justify investing in them unless people are flocking to them. If they had lifted the foreign investment rules right as they were starting out I'm sure Wind would be covering most of the country by now, but the government dropped the ball and now no one wants to invest into them despite it being lifted. Everyone I know who has Wind thinks they're solid, and you can't beat the prices.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I travel up in Ontario a good bit and I'm always surprised how bad Rogers fucks customers with home and wireless internet.