Smartphones

Taryk

Molten Core Raider

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hmm my mom needs a new phone to replace her S3, this might be a good idea for Christmas. The Q&A section sounds like they got it to work on Verizon just fine. Only thing is I need to make sure I can transfer her text messages and she doesn't lose any voicemail going to a new phone (not that she should).

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmm my mom needs a new phone to replace her S3, this might be a good idea for Christmas. The Q&A section sounds like they got it to work on Verizon just fine. Only thing is I need to make sure I can transfer her text messages and she doesn't lose any voicemail going to a new phone (not that she should).
Download this app for backing up text messages.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pRestore&hl=en

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Someone at work got a Nokia 950 XL and I have to admit it's really sweet. Screen is gorgeous, the thing charges to full in like 30 minutes, the camera is amazing, and Windows 10 is pretty slick. If MS could finally get better app support it would be my next phone in a heartbeat.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Good luck with that. When I started my last job I got a free windows phone. They said buy whatever apps you need business wise. None of the ones that are standards in my industry were supported. Most banking apps aren't supported on windows phones. I can see why tho. Why go thru the hassle to make windows phone apps for at most 2% of phone users.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I recently traded my iPhone 6plus for a note 5. The screen is great, and its a super fast phone. Loads all my apps so quick, and not even a hint of lag. Battery life suuuucks compared to the iPhone 6+ though. I went to work with a full charge and barely leaving my pocket it had drained more than 30%. My iPhone would have been around 90%... not sure if there is something wrong with it, or if thats standard for android phones these days.

I love my S4, best phone I've ever had, but a coworker is really talking up his Note 5. Anyone have it? How do you like it? The screen looks fucking incredible.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I recently traded my iPhone 6plus for a note 5. The screen is great, and its a super fast phone. Loads all my apps so quick, and not even a hint of lag. Battery life suuuucks compared to the iPhone 6+ though. I went to work with a full charge and barely leaving my pocket it had drained more than 30%. My iPhone would have been around 90%... not sure if there is something wrong with it, or if thats standard for android phones these days.
Not standard for me. In fact going from iPhone to OnePlus I saw a noticeable bump in battery life.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't want to bump the app thread - is there something comparable to PushBullet for android, or is it one of a kind? They introduced a monthly fee for the pro version and I'm not paying that.

I enjoyed being able to text from my desktop at work.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't want to bump the app thread - is there something comparable to PushBullet for android, or is it one of a kind? They introduced a monthly fee for the pro version and I'm not paying that.

I don't know what PushBullet does specifically, but Hangouts allows you to text from your computer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Uh, you can still do that with PushBullet for free...? What makes you think you can't?
The free version has a 100text/month limit - as well as a whole bunch of other limits. They recently changed it:

rrr_img_120616.png

jeydax

Death and Taxes
The free version has a 100text/month limit - as well as a whole bunch of other limits. They recently changed it:
Ah my bad. I glanced over the limit like an idiot. I never use for more than maybe 10-15 texts a month so I guess I didn't notice.

I just foundMightyTextand an alternative would be AirDroid (not as great for what you're asking for though).

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Not normal. Download GSM battery monitor and let it run for a day and see what apps are killing your battery. You likely have a wakelock going on.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ah my bad. I glanced over the limit like an idiot. I never use for more than maybe 10-15 texts a month so I guess I didn't notice.

I just foundMightyTextand an alternative would be AirDroid (not as great for what you're asking for though).
Those are ok. I was really looking for something that would let me use my default texting app like PushBullet did. I guess like all things the nice stuff just goes away.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
AirDroid may be your best bet. It goes through the default messaging app. MightyText appears to do the same too but I can't look at that right now.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire

I bit the bullet a long time ago and used Google Voice for texting. Back when carriers were charging $20 a month for unlimited texts it was an easy way to save money. I still use it and hangouts in chrome works great for texting from desktop.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised to hear that your IT would block Hangouts but not AirDroid. Mine is the exact opposite.