Smartphones

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't seen a email saying anything about a cancellation yet, hopefully I'll still get it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fuck my life.

I can't decide. Halp plz.

I am a giant cheapskate.

I could get this Pixel 3 on Project Fi... or a OnePlus 6T on Mint, or be super cheap and get on Mint, which honestly looks like a pretty good phone for a non-flagship.

Any Smartphone would be an upgrade from my current daily driver, Flippy the Wonderphone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd be on wifi basically all the time. Mint still seems cheaper, just worse coverage and a few less features.
At the price points you're talking a few bucks really. I chose fi because it had features I wanted. Didn't realize.my job doesn't offer wifi

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fuck my life.

I can't decide. Halp plz.

I am a giant cheapskate.

I could get this Pixel 3 on Project Fi... or a OnePlus 6T on Mint, or be super cheap and get on Mint, which honestly looks like a pretty good phone for a non-flagship.

Any Smartphone would be an upgrade from my current daily driver, Flippy the Wonderphone.
I use Nokia 7 plus, its good. That notch on this new Nokia though is shit, I rather eat backhole fronhole.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Anyone use consumer Cellular?

Looked into it, would double my data while halving the bill... Coverage is great. Highly rated.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone use consumer Cellular?

Looked into it, would double my data while halving the bill... Coverage is great. Highly rated.

They are my carrier; no complaints. They piggyback off of AT&T and T-Mo.

Although they are marketed towards older adults, there's a pretty large contingent of budget-minded youngins like myself that also use them. Do note that:
  • If you want Wifi calling capability, you have to call them after the phone is activated so they can turn it on on their end
  • The minutes included in the plan are for domestic calls only, and their international rates are pretty high
  • They will hard pull your credit report once if you are a new customer

Ting and Republic Wireless may also be worth a look.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Project Fi is now Google Fi

You can now also bring most Android phones and iPhones to Google Fi. While these phones get most of the Google Fi features you know and love, only phones designed for Fi unlock all of Google Fi's unique features, including seamless switching between cellular networks and automatic connection to secure Wi-Fi hotspots.

You could pretty much do this already by registering a SIM on a Fi phone then move it to whatever phone you wanted without the above features.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have a good recommendation on a Qi charging pad/stand? Pretty sure I don't want to pay $80 for the pixel one.