Smartphones

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll jump over to wireless charging when it can be as thin as one of those big mouse pads, and cover my entire night stand. Then I can just throw my phone down on the night stand and it won't matter, it's charging no matter where my phone lands or I put it. That's what I picture Wireless charging good for. Having to make sure your phone stays on the base or pad is annoying AF to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I bought the Pixel 3. It's going to be my first smartphone. Now I need to buy a spare charger for my desk at work, and a case, and this is going to cost me a lot more than I expected isn't it?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Everything else is peanuts compared to the phone, and you can re-use the charger later on. Whaaa?

I don't use a case, but I don't drop my phone. For such a nice one being your first smartphone you may want a screen protector as well as a case if you think you'll harm it. They just help distribute the force on your screen so you're less likely to get a crack. Sadly most cases and screen protectors are specific to each model of phone. :(

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Going to roll the dice and get the g6 for the wife.

Hoping it's a decent phone so she doesn't bitch. Lol

Arative

Vyemm Raider
The pixel 3 xl arrived today. Pretty slick phone so far but haven't been able to play with it much

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I ended up getting a Xiaomi Mi A2 for her via Gearbest.
4GB/64GB with a decent CPU and screen size/resolution and - most importantly - gold colour. Not bad for 170€.
So this arrived yesterday and it's a nice phone. Top build quality. Internals good enough for a standard user. Android One.
Now I'm jealous. Why oh why did I buy a Redmi Note 4 last year.

Xiaomi is becoming my favourite phone brand. Really nice for cheapskates like me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
So this arrived yesterday and it's a nice phone. Top build quality. Internals good enough for a standard user. Android One.
Now I'm jealous. Why oh why did I buy a Redmi Note 4 last year.

Xiaomi is becoming my favourite phone brand. Really nice for cheapskates like me.
I've got a mi mix 2s, great phone wouldn't trade it for any of the other flagship phones.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This phone thing is cool. Glad I didn't get the XL, this actually almost sorta fits in a pocket.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Got mine this morning, kinda wishing I had got the XL. Smaller than the 6p so will take a bit to get used to it. Still reinstalling all my apps and stuff so haven't done much with yet

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a iPhone 6 and it’s time for an upgrade. Fuck you apple for pricing your phones at $1,200 for no fucking reason. Can get a Galaxy 9s+ for $400 less and it’s basically the same phone. If it wasn’t for iMessage, th here wouldn’t be any hesitation.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I have a iPhone 6 and it’s time for an upgrade. Fuck you apple for pricing your phones at $1,200 for no fucking reason. Can get a Galaxy 9s+ for $400 less and it’s basically the same phone. If it wasn’t for iMessage, th here wouldn’t be any hesitation.

Get an 8. Should still be close to 4 years of support because it shipped with iOS11, no fugly notch.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the base pixel 3 is great. Took a bit to get used to the interface and gestures compared to 9 years of Iphone, but overall much better phone and got it for 700 and a 125 trade in from my dinosaur 6s.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sending the pixel 3 back, its just to small for me. Hopefully see another good deal on the XL sooner than later