Smartphones

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You like your Pixel 4? I have the Pixel 3 and I find the Pixel 4 completely unappealing.
I mean fingerprints and face rec. Not a fan of either. I leave mine unlocked or just use a pin.

All I really care about is the camera, but it'd take a lot to convince me to get a google phone or switch to apple. I'll check out the newest note. I have a galaxy note 9 now.

We had fun with the iPhone 11 today.

20191228_165805.jpg

PhotoGrid_1577578993325.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean fingerprints and face rec. Not a fan of either. I leave mine unlocked or just use a pin.

All I really care about is the camera, but it'd take a lot to convince me to get a google phone or switch to apple. I'll check out the newest note. I have a galaxy note 9 now.

We had fun with the iPhone 11 today.

View attachment 240035

View attachment 240036
I have the Note 9, and you saying the iPhone 11 is really that much better?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I have the Note 9, and you saying the iPhone 11 is really that much better?
The auto modes handle stuff like depth of field way better (I assume) because of the 3 sensors, and I think theres some kind of auto layering going on. I'm not sure, but I'm more interested in something that had some semblance of stereo cameras for scanning and I'm wondering which android phone would be most capable of doing 3D scans.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
So Apple show the iPhone XR at 128gb max. Verizon offers it at 256gb max. I don't want to contact either one right now so do any of you know what's going on here? They're both the same price.

Edit:After more searching, Costco and BestBuy also sell the 256gb version. Only Apple doesn't.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have an S10 and I'm very impressed with the camera, but I'm not sure if it's better than the new iPhone 11. But the zoom-out capability can lead to really dope shots. Looks better than my actual camera a decent amount of the time.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm due for an upgrade and torn between 3 choices.

Google Pixel 4 (GF has a pixel 3 and likes it)
Samsung S10 ( I have a S8, but hate the curved screen)
Razer Phone 2 (just because).

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
My work is going to end up paying for a phone upgrade from AT&T, so I am looking at the following phones:

Samsung Galaxy S10+
Samsung Note 10
Samsung Note 10+
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4XL

I am coming from Nexus/Pixel use Galaxy Nexus to Nexus 4 to Nexus 5 to Nexus 6p to Pixel XL. I'd mostly use my phone for browsing the net and watching videos besides making phone calls and texting.

What does the board suggest?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was given a galaxy 10+ for christmas. It works great for me. However I am not a big smartphone user and my very old one did just as well for me. So basically I am no help. I mostly use it for interfacing with my dexcom continuous blood sugar monitor and the everday normal stuff.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
iPhone.

As much as I hate Apple, always the cleanest user experience.

I hate iOS. My wife has an XR and I really hate doing anything with it. I'm leaning toward the Note 10+, but that thing has some beastly proportions especially coming from an OG Pixel XL.

Arative Arative I have heard some really bad things about the Pixel 4 so I was hoping someone on here with one would comment. I am really kicking myself for not jumping on the blowout of Pixel 3XLs that happened at the end of November for like $375 or something crazy like that. I've heard nothing but awesome things about the 3 series.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I was given a galaxy 10+ for christmas. It works great for me. However I am not a big smartphone user and my very old one did just as well for me. So basically I am no help. I mostly use it for interfacing with my dexcom continuous blood sugar monitor and the everday normal stuff.
dude, did ya get a watch pairing with it too in the end?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
dude, did ya get a watch pairing with it too in the end?

Not yet. I've only had the unit a week now.

Right now I'm here at the reciever most of the time. One day when I get out more I probably will. The more I thought about it the more I realized I'm not active enough to justify just using the watch paired to the phone when I'll have to have the phone handy anyway. Dexcom said they were working on it so the fitbit could be used without the phone, that wasy two years ago almost. One day. Most times I only use the receiver right now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My work is going to end up paying for a phone upgrade from AT&T, so I am looking at the following phones:

Samsung Galaxy S10+
Samsung Note 10
Samsung Note 10+
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4XL

I am coming from Nexus/Pixel use Galaxy Nexus to Nexus 4 to Nexus 5 to Nexus 6p to Pixel XL. I'd mostly use my phone for browsing the net and watching videos besides making phone calls and texting.

I've had an S10 for a year now and I'm a big fan. Best phone I've ever owned.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Samsung Galaxy S10+
Samsung Note 10
Samsung Note 10+
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4XL

I have a note 9 and use it for everything (casting movies to whatever tv, a remote for every tv service, videos/music). Battery is pretty damned good for everything going on and charges super quick. Sounds great with everything turned up to 10 and "dolbly surround" .The note ten is a tad larger but if youre used to them its not a big deal. Just grab a slimmer case and youre gtg. If they are upgrading, might as well get the $1300 one!

The only downside is the pen once in a while. If you drop the phone just right the pen can drop out or just break. Its 10-20 for a new and ive only had to buy 1 extra so far. The pen is great for a super quick and easy for a thing you need to do or if you like drawing.

20200116_085758.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The only downside is the pen once in a while. If you drop the phone just right the pen can drop out or just break.
i mean thats happened to me with a note4 or my current lg stylo4

hey quick question for you stylus ppl (i don't remember on my note4) but when you take out the pen, it goes to automatic (or whatever you designate to launch) note taking app. you can just click "x" and then use the phone like normal, bypass all biometric/pin/pattern/face security features?