Smartphones

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>

Pretty sure the phone cases are mexico and all the ipad and bigger stuff is china

I went with this Presidio Grip Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Cases

I like it a lot, hecho en México. No to find a great screen cover not made in Wuhan and China period. When I was looking at one case I liked, I looked up the company information and contact, manufacturing plant, and HQ are in Wuhan, China. Nope.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

I like it a lot, hecho en México. No to find a great screen cover not made in Wuhan and China period. When I was looking at one case I liked, I looked up the company information and contact, manufacturing plant, and HQ are in Wuhan, China. Nope.
I use a different screen protector but speck is the best for me. Its prolly a few dozen pages back but its perfect.

#1 is this

1613378117306.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thinking about updating my G8 ThinQ as its screen does weird flashing almost any time I move it. Don't want to spend a fortune, would like to spend about 500 or less if possible. Thinking about waiting for the new Apple SE later this year for the first time. I have always preferred Android. Does anyone know anything about the Oneplus Nord 5G? It seems like a lot of phone for the money.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Pixel 4a seems to be pretty well liked. It's $349 if you don't get 5G ($499 if you do).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I would opt for the 4a 5G between the 2 versions even if you don't care about 5G. It's essentially a Pixel 5 without the bells and whistles.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My el-cheapo Windows Phone (!) is starting to fail. Can anyone recommend a ~$200'ish Android phone that supports AT&T networks? Currently I'm on an AT&T pre-paid plan and plan on sticking with that. I don't really use the phone much outside of texting a couple friends and the rare voice call.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My el-cheapo Windows Phone (!) is starting to fail. Can anyone recommend a ~$200'ish Android phone that supports AT&T networks? Currently I'm on an AT&T pre-paid plan and plan on sticking with that. I don't really use the phone much outside of texting a couple friends and the rare voice call.

Pretty much all phones support all networks nowadays. At that price point I'd look at the Moto G line.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My moto G6 or 7 is doing well and it's almost 2 years old. If you don't care about good camera, there is no reason to get anything more than this thing.

Rais

Trakanon Raider

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

My moto G6 or 7 is doing well and it's almost 2 years old. If you don't care about good camera, there is no reason to get anything more than this thing.

Went with the moto g power 2021. Just a beer version of what I already have.

Like 200$, decent camera, massive battery, a bit better hardware.

Decided I wanted a decent camera to take pictures of little man etc.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Went with the moto g power 2021. Just a beer version of what I already have.

Like 200$, decent camera, massive battery, a bit better hardware.

Decided I wanted a decent camera to take pictures of little man etc.
I ended up going with the Moto G7+ as someone recommended above. 130 bucks and does everything I could possibly want. Great phone so far. Of course, I'm coming from a 2014 Lumia 635 Windows Phone so anything would be amazing I suppose.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I have been using the Ghostek Atomic Slim for my S20 Ultra and have zero complaints. Almost a year now.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Is there a setting (I can't find it if there is) or an app that will prevent the phone from ringing if it's detected as a spam or political call? The phone itself will identify calls as such but I cannot find any way to tell it to ignore them.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Is there a setting (I can't find it if there is) or an app that will prevent the phone from ringing if it's detected as a spam or political call? The phone itself will identify calls as such but I cannot find any way to tell it to ignore them.

If you have a phone that you can use the google dialer on it has built in call screening that you can enable.