Smartphones

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>

Pretty sure the phone cases are mexico and all the ipad and bigger stuff is china

I went with this Presidio Grip Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Cases

I like it a lot, hecho en México. No to find a great screen cover not made in Wuhan and China period. When I was looking at one case I liked, I looked up the company information and contact, manufacturing plant, and HQ are in Wuhan, China. Nope.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

I like it a lot, hecho en México. No to find a great screen cover not made in Wuhan and China period. When I was looking at one case I liked, I looked up the company information and contact, manufacturing plant, and HQ are in Wuhan, China. Nope.
I use a different screen protector but speck is the best for me. Its prolly a few dozen pages back but its perfect.

#1 is this

1613378117306.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thinking about updating my G8 ThinQ as its screen does weird flashing almost any time I move it. Don't want to spend a fortune, would like to spend about 500 or less if possible. Thinking about waiting for the new Apple SE later this year for the first time. I have always preferred Android. Does anyone know anything about the Oneplus Nord 5G? It seems like a lot of phone for the money.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The Pixel 4a seems to be pretty well liked. It's $349 if you don't get 5G ($499 if you do).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I would opt for the 4a 5G between the 2 versions even if you don't care about 5G. It's essentially a Pixel 5 without the bells and whistles.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My el-cheapo Windows Phone (!) is starting to fail. Can anyone recommend a ~$200'ish Android phone that supports AT&T networks? Currently I'm on an AT&T pre-paid plan and plan on sticking with that. I don't really use the phone much outside of texting a couple friends and the rare voice call.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My el-cheapo Windows Phone (!) is starting to fail. Can anyone recommend a ~$200'ish Android phone that supports AT&T networks? Currently I'm on an AT&T pre-paid plan and plan on sticking with that. I don't really use the phone much outside of texting a couple friends and the rare voice call.

Pretty much all phones support all networks nowadays. At that price point I'd look at the Moto G line.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My moto G6 or 7 is doing well and it's almost 2 years old. If you don't care about good camera, there is no reason to get anything more than this thing.

Rais

Trakanon Raider

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

My moto G6 or 7 is doing well and it's almost 2 years old. If you don't care about good camera, there is no reason to get anything more than this thing.

Went with the moto g power 2021. Just a beer version of what I already have.

Like 200$, decent camera, massive battery, a bit better hardware.

Decided I wanted a decent camera to take pictures of little man etc.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Went with the moto g power 2021. Just a beer version of what I already have.

Like 200$, decent camera, massive battery, a bit better hardware.

Decided I wanted a decent camera to take pictures of little man etc.
I ended up going with the Moto G7+ as someone recommended above. 130 bucks and does everything I could possibly want. Great phone so far. Of course, I'm coming from a 2014 Lumia 635 Windows Phone so anything would be amazing I suppose.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I have been using the Ghostek Atomic Slim for my S20 Ultra and have zero complaints. Almost a year now.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Is there a setting (I can't find it if there is) or an app that will prevent the phone from ringing if it's detected as a spam or political call? The phone itself will identify calls as such but I cannot find any way to tell it to ignore them.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Is there a setting (I can't find it if there is) or an app that will prevent the phone from ringing if it's detected as a spam or political call? The phone itself will identify calls as such but I cannot find any way to tell it to ignore them.

If you have a phone that you can use the google dialer on it has built in call screening that you can enable.