Smartwatches / Fitness Trackers

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>

Column_sl

shitlord
Almost everyone of those reviews( cough impressions) are from the apple press conference yesterday haha. There is not one launch model in the wild yet, hell they are still updating the OS as of yesterday.

Like I said earlier you have no idea, you can't even go to an apple store yet and try one on.

Yet you know they are going to be crap. That is a true apple hater.

Column_sl

shitlord
All dated from the 9th from the apple conference....

Please lets play this game some more.

I give you: The Apple Hater in his full glory

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure Column is claiming no one's seen one RL - and doesn't realize some of the hands-on reviews are probably people that were NDA'ed until they released it yesterday. (I'm just speculating - although that's been true for EVERY iPhone to date)

Column_sl

shitlord
Except every impression says they are hands on from the apple conference...Speaking of NDA's hello Apple con! What I have to let you read my article before it goes out? no way

Also every impression leads with this

Apple notes that this was a preproduction model from this month,
I would love for a real review to be out there, obviously there is allot of people that want to know more about its functionality on wi fi away from its parent.

Column_sl

shitlord
There's no reasoning with Rambo once he mad, bros.
And that is how you slay an Apple hater folks. Are you going to put me on ignore as well like poor little abused Vaclav? O whatever shall I do

Or perhaps you can link me some more pre production model impressions from the apple conference yesterday that all sound like they were written from a script.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
You do understand that release is in 6 weeks, right? The model you saw at the conference was almost certainly the real deal. Apple doesn't typically change anything 6 weeks from release, and certainly not the major design decisions. They are either ready at this point, or they're not, and my opinion (which is every bit as valid as yours, only much less frothy and rage-like) is that they're not ready with rev 1.0 from a technical standpoint. It's a reasonably good looking watch that is tethered to a phone to achieve most of its functionality, and that's all. Not enough of a step up from a Pebble to bother with at this point.

Of course the reviews were written from a script. Do you even Apple, bro? Media control is their thing.

And no, I don't need a forum feature to ignore you. I'll let Vaclav know that you're missing him dearly, though. You're welcome.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone explain to me the purpose of a smart watch? Like is it honestly that much more convenient compared to just taking your cellphone out to check that email? I mean you have to take your phone out to read/reply to that email anyway so what function does it serve?

Column_sl

shitlord
It says it right on the fucking article, pre fucking production. that is game set and match

Apple notes that this was a preproduction model from this month, and even offers all the other reasons why you might not get the same numbers, stating that "Battery life varies by use, configuration, and many other factors; actual results will vary."

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I mean you have to take your phone out to read/reply to that email anyway so what function does it serve?
Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.

If you're a slave to your email or social media, and you simply MUST know everything the instant it happens, a smart watch is probably for you. If not, congrats, you're normal and you can stand to be away from your phone for a second or five.

That's the other reason I rarely wear my Pebble any more. It doesn't really do anything for me other than the interchangeable watch face, which is amusing, and the apps, which are slightly useful but nothing I absolutely need.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
LOL couldn't resist peaking it seems preproduction is his buzzword now... he seems to think that an ultrasmall device like these can have massive revisions in the last week or so.

Protip: Production vs. preproduction once there's a press conference are fundamentally identical for every other device on the market. You don't start promotion with something then go "Oh wait, we had extra features we didn't think people wanted to know about" in reality.

Alkorin: It's not even "6 weeks" in Apple's timeframe anyhow, they've got to start production pretty far in advance to make the quantity they're talking about.

Column_sl

shitlord
Because all you do on phones now is email bros..

Glad you cleared that up. I'll take this straight to apple right now, and tell them they have already failed because all we do on phones is email.

Column_sl

shitlord
LOL couldn't resist peaking it seems preproduction is his buzzword now... he seems to think that an ultrasmall device like these can have massive revisions in the last week or so.

Protip: Production vs. preproduction once there's a press conference are fundamentally identical for every other device on the market. You don't start promotion with something then go "Oh wait, we had extra features we didn't think people wanted to know about" in reality.
Not one review copy of a model they will launch is out there. All we have is scripted first impressions on a model they even say will not be the live version from there conference yesterday

I love that you are exactly like Sean tho. He used to pull that same thing " dont make me mad or Im putting you on Ignore" and then 2 posts later hes responding again.

Nerds got to love em

Column_sl

shitlord
Do you even Rerolled, there's an amod thread set up for that.

Fucking Canadians lol, got to hold their hands through everything

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Fuckin' 2013ers. If they see it, they see it, if not, I don't really care. But, just for you, I'll go crosspost over in Ask Amod.

Either stay on target or GTFO.

Column_sl

shitlord
Bitch I've been here since the beginning. 2013? haha anyone want to educate this pleb on FOH..

Good lord man, you are just losing every battle today.

Now, learn to rerolled and ask your questions in the appropriate threads like a good little mongoloid.