Smite

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Nowaythisistaken, is my account name or w/e

are there any good streamers I could learn something from?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's always a bunch of streamers but whenever I looked they didn't seem like the type of useful for learning streams, just high level players. Bunch of tutorial and guides on youtube though and shit. It's very much like LoL, or dota, but closer to lol due to no deny and jungle creeps giving buffs with jungle being extremely viable, also free recalls but only back to base, cheap wards/consumables/items, towers aggroing on spells, no jukes etc.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
so is there a laning phase and all that? im about to load it up just got done downloading.

or is it all out war, and jungle like you said?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh there's a laning phase. Might be shorter than usual though, at least it felt that way when I watched games, also like lol the jungler basically ganks all lanes constantly inbetween camps. But you still need xp/gold at first so everyone goes into their lanes and farm shit and harass each other, spells are relatively cheap(again, like LoL).

It's very basic mechanics, other than the point of view and stuff that comes from it(for example abilities that elevate you very high to give you better vision), there's nothing that's very different from lol.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
IMO due to the "over the shoulder" view vs. "top down" Smite does not translate well to streams. I know for shout casters they have an actual Spectator Mode with a your typical camera views that makes it easier to follow. A LOL Streamer can move his camera anywhere on the map to help give a better narrative to the over all game flow, also the top down view just makes it easier for the viewer to see trades.

I really like LOL and want to keep playing it but every day I find myself logging into Smite and not LOL. I find the game play much more fun , it feels like the what I always wanted from WoW Battle Grounds. I always wanted gear to be equal, I fucking hated that in Vanilla some neck beard could dominate in BGs because their gear and not their skill.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah the actual shoutcasted matches are pretty cool to watch with the spec point of view, watched one the other day cause I was bored, felt a lot more clear than when you play the game at ground level, so I guess it might be why streams aren't that interesting. I think part of it is also due to the streamers, even with the RTS view of lol/dota, most streams aren't actually informative unless you're at a level where you can analyze what's going on on your own and understand what the streamer is doing well. Or you watch streamers that are "funny" in which case you don't really learn anything.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
whats a good scrub site for info on shit like roles maybe some builds, what to an what not to do's etc.

Papashlapa

Lord Nagafen Raider
whats a good scrub site for info on shit like roles maybe some builds, what to an what not to do's etc.
tiermonster has builds. r/smite has some good stuff in the l2p section from time to time. Most important beginning lesson: in the early game, creeps hit HARD. Do NOT try to tank them or attack through them. You will die.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
the range on that archer bitch seems really really short, and the aiming is pretty annoying it dosent let you move it up or down? just keeps it steady at 1 height and you just go left and right.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
This game is ridiculously fun. I played it for like 45 minutes for the first time and then bought the $30 god pack thing. Never even heard of it until someone bumped this thread.

sticktastic_sl

shitlord
This game is ridiculously fun. I played it for like 45 minutes for the first time and then bought the $30 god pack thing. Never even heard of it until someone bumped this thread.
Awesome!!
smile.png
Been playing with turbo, nice to have more people
smile.png
Glad you guys are liking it, never understood why this game never got more public attention

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Stick goes out and takes all the beating and I hide behind them and go "pew pew", it works well!

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Some of the gods are rather amusing...dunno if it's just because I'm new and in a low MMR or something, but I'm getting a lot of like, 18 and 1, 19 and 3 games, and I'm completely new so it's not like I'm greatly skilled or anything. I notice I'm playing against a lot of people with the "stock" gods so far. I just played Ah Muzen Cab a couple of arena games and was just decimating everyone by the end. Played a nearly hour long conquest game earlier where I was 18 and 1 but we lost as one of the tanky dudes. The BEES! just destroy everyone it seems when you get geared.

Really cool design on a lot of these...the spell design is really all quite original. This game would probably be huge if it were being promoted more (i.e. on Steam perhaps?) I like how they're all reasonably easy to pick up on.

This really is a cut above.

I also liked the chick where you can throw around heals and AOE at the same time.

Only god I've actively disliked was getting Chrono in an assault game, seemed rather lame. Only one I've been unimpressed with, still have many, many more to try.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
Nowaythisistaken, is my account name or w/e

are there any good streamers I could learn something from?
DMBrandon when he streams his scrimmage games. The guy is a dick at times but he explains why he does things as he is doing them in game. A trick not many people can pull off. He is also vey technical minded. Such as why it is mathematically better to hit certain buffs or camps at which specific times.

Papashlapa

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since there's a lot of new players on the board I figured I'd write a quick intro to smite (conquest at least for now), at least for the roles (mid and jungle) that I tend to play a lot of.

If you're jungling, you buy bumbas, power potion and hog1 for every god unless you're someone with really good natural jungle sustain (ie thanatos). There's only a couple gods that can open w/o bumbas. Thanatos is one for sure; who the others are I'm not sure. You start with whatever side the solo starts on. If you start right side, solo red buff then go straight to blue buff.

If you start left side, you have opportunity for a very nice gank at level 3 if solo laner has hog (phys almost always do, mages sometimes don't). You hog speed, go blue, hog that, go straight to their blue. If your lane clear isn't bad and/or theirs isn't excellent, you'll get there as they're fighting blue or sometimes earlier. Very often you can get surprise ganks with this and/or steal their blue. This can set them back horrendously if you pull it off. If you get a double kill it's practically gg right there. Stay in lane either till like 1:30 so you can do back harpies or a bit later if you wanna skip them and get lane exp. Either works.

Either way, you need to be at mid harpies for their spawn. They spawn every 2 minutes (changed recently I think?) so they're up at 2:15. It might be 2:30 now, haven't played conq in a little bite. Contesting mid furies every 2 minutes is your most important job by far and must be done above almost anything else until late game. Mid harps are more important than ganks.

Other than that, take down the blue buffs for your teammates. Never take the buff. Get ganks off as much as you can, especially in mid/duo, but don't sacrifice a mid harps rotations for them unless it's going to be a big play. Obviously make sure you're clearing your own red/speed buff. Some people give their mid the red. This is very generous and can help significantly (especially in early game where lane clear wars are so important in mid).

If you're mid your opening build is a lot more open. It mostly depends on the god. Polynomicon is a good first pick, as are boots, doom orb, book of thoth, etc. You start at right side mid camps and go straight to lane after. Pick a god that has excellent lane clear (99% of the time a mage). Ideally they should either do excellent damage or have some sort of utility that's very useful in team fights. Some gods have both to varying degrees (ie Ra). Your play also revolves around contesting mid camps. In a perfect world your jungle and/or support will take them for you and you can get xp at the wall, but competent teams should be contesting them.

Beyond that you primarily just need to farm, as safely as you possibly can. For the first 15 minutes of the game at least, you're going to be sitting your lane or contesting mid camps 90% of your time. As long as you can get your lane farm in safely and get some mid camp kills, and not dying, you're doing your job. If you can get some kills along the way that's nice too, but don't risk getting yourself killed. You need that farm and dying costs you a lot. Mids are usually a bit weak game but VERRRY strong late game. There are some exceptions but that's usually how it plays. You just need to safely get to late game build as fast as you can and you'll dominate shit.

I very rarely play adc, sup or (physical) solo so can't speak in much depth about them.
I play a TON of Ao Kuang, Freya, Poseidon, Ra, and Thanatos if anyone has any specific questions about them.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
For those wanting to get the mechanics down at the start without worrying about the meta game etc, the arena is a great place for fairly quick games to teach you how to play etc. Few real quick pointers just as a new person entering

1) Get the buffs at the start, at the noob levels people ignore these and run out and fight right away. Yell at your team if you must but get them over there. Make sure to have someone split off after the first or so to stop minion waves since thats alot of lost points if they get to your gate.

2) Do not chase near the towers (always exceptions) but 9 of 10 times you will get caught either by the tower or another player coming out etc. They can also attack from behind the wall, i've seen so many (myself included) think they were all safe and boom, skill shot to death from behind the wall

3) Don't forget to snag buffs when you get a side clear, each game is different but in general camping near the teams side portal is a bad thing because they have sucha short distance to run for a heal. Instead go grab a buff/buy new stuff.

4) DO NOT assume because you have the lead its over, tonight I lost 2 damn matches with a 75 point lead going into the very end. I had been carrying the team abit and I got taken out very early by thor/loki dives and they just mopped the team after I went down. Just make sure you aren't trying to do too much, especially early on you will have opponents doing stupid shit when the game is on the line (believe me i've done my fair share myself)

5) If you are at a loss what to play, a good tank can really control pace of the match and isn't expected to have alot of kills etc. Its a great class to learn but also might be abit much if you are just starting. Hades/Ares/Ymir are all 3 great.

6) If there is a Aeres/Hades on the other team, BUY BEADS. They will save your life when they ultimate, and better yet their team especially in the low tiers won't be expecting you to be free so you can get some quick kills.

Definitely not an expect but these are a few of the things I've noticed. Everyone has there own play style, for me i'm very aggressive which pays off alot but also costs my team badly when I fuck up so its an ongoing challenge to try and pick and choose my spots. Tonight I had probably the most skilled game of my life, playing as He Bo and just completely controlled the game from start to end. Not just by damage and kills but by saving teamates non stop with pin point water spouts and rivers. It was honestly more satesfiying then going 26-0 against idiots. That being said, next game I was fucking horrible and managed to be the death shot that lost us the game by 1. Consistency is a difficult thing to master....

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Oh also, since I was an idiot and didn't go through the tutorials and was clueless about this fact until level 15.....

Top left corner of the UI under your teamates names, there is a blue gem. If its light then their ultimate is up which is critical to know when you are playing a team focused game.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Fuck the Zeus nerf is all i have to say. So dumb, take out his only way to stay alive. They should at least switch the 3 charge detonate to a root vs a 30% slow which is worthless. Not saying a tweak wasn't warranted but that one change completely changed the dynamic of how he plays. '

Guess its time to start working on my He Bo again!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just mastered my 20th God and i am half way through level 23. My understanding is that leveling slows way down in the mid 20s so I should be able to reach 50 Gods right about when I hit level 30.