Smokers / Grills

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ordered the Pro 1100 today from Lowes with free assembly. CLosest one in stock is about an hour away, will go get it Tomorrow probably. Super pumped about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ordered the Pro 1100 today from Lowes with free assembly. CLosest one in stock is about an hour away, will go get it Tomorrow probably. Super pumped about it.
let me know how you like it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Operation “never cook inside again” has commenced.

doing my initial burn off right now. I ended up having to put it together, took me about 1h 45m to do so. The legs are a two person job due to positioning of where you screw them in.

its loaded up with Hickory right now, wanted pecan but couldn’t find any so I’ll order some. Burgers and corn on the cob tonight and I have two chickens brining, will smoke them tomorrow. One with a BBQ rub and the other with a taquila lime rub.

will post more as I use it.

302C65BB-8C51-448F-B20A-DEB2F2C7A948.jpeg

7560AEB8-4FCD-4515-9E3D-C97A962560F0.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

doing my initial burn off right now. I ended up having to put it together, took me about 1h 45m to do so. The legs are a two person job due to positioning of where you screw them in.

its loaded up with Hickory right now, wanted pecan but couldn’t find any so I’ll order some. Burgers and corn on the cob tonight and I have two chickens brining, will smoke them tomorrow. One with a BBQ rib and the other with a taquila lime rub.

View attachment 273787

View attachment 273788
ok let me know I will pick it up if all goes well.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

its loaded up with Hickory right now, wanted pecan but couldn’t find any so I’ll order some. Burgers and corn on the cob tonight and I have two chickens brining, will smoke them tomorrow. One with a BBQ rub and the other with a taquila lime rub.

View attachment 273787

View attachment 273788

I should have gone with charcoal...

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Meant pellet...apologies.
What is the return policy on the grill you bought? I think your post was pretty recent, usually you have 30 days. I know it is a pain in the ass to load it up etc, but you will be so much happier with a pellet grill.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Meal prepping for the week. Making jerk chicken right now after pulling this off there. I love this damn thing

522D7902-64C7-4227-B3D4-E67C2D61E96B.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does spatchcocking make any real difference when smoking since it's cooking on such a low heat?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what Tarrant was doing but when I do whole chicken in my pellet grill it's not really smoking, it's more like roasting. 1 hour at 325-350. I don't think there's any reason to do chicken low and slow. Going past 160 will just dry it out.

Spatchcocking helps but actually cutting it up into pieces is even better. You don't get the whole bird presentation that way though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What is the return policy on the grill you bought? I think your post was pretty recent, usually you have 30 days. I know it is a pain in the ass to load it up etc, but you will be so much happier with a pellet grill.

I have been grilling daily since I bought it. Even my ass wouldn't return it. I will just snag a pellet next year. Or maybe this year when they go on sale. After reading this thread and doing a little you tubing, man does pellet seem like a much better grilling experience.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
google spatchcock chicken and thank me later (also I hope you're brining!)

for plain roasting or front in cast iron I do that, but these were stuffed with other things and I can’t spatchcock them while wanting to do that.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't know what Tarrant was doing but when I do whole chicken in my pellet grill it's not really smoking, it's more like roasting. 1 hour at 325-350. I don't think there's any reason to do chicken low and slow. Going past 160 will just dry it out.

Spatchcocking helps but actually cutting it up into pieces is even better. You don't get the whole bird presentation that way though.

Not all pellet grills can smoke, so I dunno. Mine specifically can, plus I had a smoking tube in it. While on the smoke setting it hits 200 and stays there. I had so much smoke going in fact that I was almost worried it was a bit overkill.

But in the end, nope. chicken was moist as hell and had a deep smoke ring in the breast. Honestly was one of the better smoked chickens Ive had and was even better the next day. Wife is already asking me when we can do more.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
100925389_10158087704955250_2021003930648969216_o.jpg

I did a beer can chicken indirect using a fuel dome on my Kamado Joe earlier today.

Fuel Dome is designed for a Weber Kettle, but I've been playing around with one. Thought it might help get a super quick super intense sear when I want to sear sous vide stuff, also thought it might help with fuel economy considering during lockdown I've been cooking for one.

Mixture of used coal and new coal only got the dome temp to 350f, so skin wasn't crispy...had to sear over direct heat....turned out very juicy and was nice enough to eat the second half straight out the fridge several hours later

So yeah, 350f until 165f in the breast.

By the way, if you light some coals in the fuel dome, and then stack a chimney starter full of coal on top you literally make rocket fuel

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I don't think I'll ever go back to charcoal again after using a pellet grill.