SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
9 hours of Chrono Trigger and a six pack-and-a-half of beer. Best weekend I've had in a long, long time.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never played FF6. Going to start it up tonight on the SNES Mini.

I never played FF12 either until the remaster on PS4 a couple of months ago and I really enjoyed that.

Nintendo's #1 apologist on the forum has never played FF3/6, arguably the best Nintendo exclusive (at release) ever made. Does not fucking compute. Correct this immediately.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

How the fuck can a FF fan have never played FF3/6 unless they were like an infant or not even born when it came out?

FFXIV (the current FF MMO) has been drawing pretty heavily from FF3/FF6. Hell, there is even a mini-raid (trial) where you fight Ultros and Master Chupon. You get a Magitek Armor mount that plays Terra's theme/Overworld music from the game when you ride it, one dungeon has the Lightning Whelk as a boss, they name drop Mog from the game when you visit a Moogle town in Heavensward, Doma Castle is in Stormblood and the name of the former king was the Japanese name they used for 'Cyan' and they play the Doma Castle music when you meet his son, etc ;p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Objectively 3/6 is the better game and possibly the best FF ever, but my nostalgia boner will always be for 2/4. Even now thinking of the overland theme makes me sigh audibly.

Just now playing 9 for the first time on my retropie. Looks like ass in some ways, but I'm enjoying it!

Edit: my shame is never playing Chrono Trigger or Earthbound. After Horizon Zero Dawn and Metroid Prime, they're up.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i can't play FF6 anymore. the combat is too easy and i know the story too well after playing it too many times in my younger days.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Smuggly

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
i can't play FF6 anymore. the combat is too easy and i know the story too well after playing it too many times in my younger days.

I tried to play it recently and I think I beat it, but I couldn't bother taking the time to do everything and get all the things. I played that shit out as a kid on SNES. It's still a great game, but there isn't really that much to do to give it great replay. I'd honestly rather replay 1 and try jank as fuck combinations of classes.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Chronotrigger was always king for replayability with the new game+ mode. You haven't lived until you defeat Lavos with Chrono only + a broom ;p

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
For you retropie guys, grab a rom of Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes. Its s fan made sequel that bridges it to Cross. Actually pretty decent.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
FFT is the superior final fantasy game you plebes.

And chrono trigger has aged much better than any of the snes FF games.

• 3Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
FFT is the superior final fantasy game you plebes.

And chrono trigger has aged much better than any of the snes FF games.

I thought FFT had one of the more interesting stories too. Plus this was bad before androginous super faggots became the norm. As much as FF7 was amazing I think cross dressing Cloud led the way for Squaresoft to become fag enablers. Or maybe he happened when they became SquareEnix. Regardless Japan why you make all the FF games for furries and faggots now?

• 1Salty
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Like

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
I think the sad truth is that furries & faggotry is simply the apotheosis of the JRPG. It was just delayed by technological limitations.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This was shamelessly stolen from Reddit. Applies to me too

KdE8l7G.jpeg

• 8Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This was shamelessly stolen from Reddit. Applies to me too

View attachment 154202

Well they have a good point. I kind of want to set up some emulator and play some old games but I am to lazy. The only reason I would buy one of these SNES would be to resell that shit. If I find one maybe I'll play it for a week or so then resell it. Then again I probably just wont find one for sale.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I kind of felt that way about people who blathered on about their retropies. However, I didn't realize how insanely easy it is. The fact that you can buy a pack on Amazon that includes everything you need and it literally only takes 15 - 20 minutes to set up from opening the package to playing a game. Now I understand why so many people think it's crazy to buy a NES/SNES classic.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well they have a good point. I kind of want to set up some emulator and play some old games but I am to lazy. The only reason I would buy one of these SNES would be to resell that shit. If I find one maybe I'll play it for a week or so then resell it. Then again I probably just wont find one for sale.

Dude, it was SO easy. I bought the kit from Amazon. It literally took me less than 34 seconds to install the heatsinks on the 2 chips and place the Pi in the small case. Downloaded the SD formatter, the imager, Retropie, and had everything loaded within 2 minutes. I then took the pi to a small 23" TV I have set up for my wife's work out videos, plugged it in, and wham. Up and running. Then, I just formatted a USB stick, plugged it into the pi, the pi did ALL the work creating the folders. Went to the internet, got the roms, placed them in the folders for SNES, NES, what have you, and plugged it into the pi. It auto installs all the games and creates the menu system automatically.

It is seriously this fucking simple that even my mom could have figured out how to do it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Dude, it was SO easy. I bought the kit from Amazon. It literally took me less than 34 seconds to install the heatsinks on the 2 chips and place the Pi in the small case. Downloaded the SD formatter, the imager, Retropie, and had everything loaded within 2 minutes. I then took the pi to a small 23" TV I have set up for my wife's work out videos, plugged it in, and wham. Up and running. Then, I just formatted a USB stick, plugged it into the pi, the pi did ALL the work creating the folders. Went to the internet, got the roms, placed them in the folders for SNES, NES, what have you, and plugged it into the pi. It auto installs all the games and creates the menu system automatically.

It is seriously this fucking simple that even my mom could have figured out how to do it.

Cant you just install roms on your comp with less effort, I am to lazy to even do that. Shit I got like 100 steam games from sales I aint gonna play either. First world problems.

• 2Worf

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Nintendo's #1 apologist on the forum has never played FF3/6, arguably the best Nintendo exclusive (at release) ever made. Does not fucking compute. Correct this immediately.

N64 was my first console as a kid that was totally mine (I'm 32). My family had an SNES but I don't remember playing it much. Then I got heavy into EverQuest as a teen and even skipped getting the GameCube. I've played most the ones on DS/3DS/Wii and PS4. Still need to play the FF9 port on PS4 that came out recently.

My first FF game was actually 11 - and I played it pretty heavily and loved the lore and story and it got me into looking into the others.

So I've played 1, 2 (didn't finish, bad game), 3 (DS remake, meh), 4 (DS remake, great), 7 (didn't finish, was using a borrowed PS1 one summer - looking forward to the remaster), 11, 12, 14, and 15.

I'll probably never play 5 or 13 and it's spinoffs as they are ranked in the trash tier of most lists.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard