SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Objectively it is a fantastic game and holds up well.
Honestly I disagree that FFIII has held up all that well. I know the N’beards here will disagree, but going back and playing it feels like playing a well polished RPG maker game.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Honestly I disagree that FFIII has held up all that well. I know the N’beards here will disagree, but going back and playing it feels like playing a well polished RPG maker game.

Is that bad, though? FFIII is great because it has fantastic characters (<3 General Leo), an epic story, and an enormous amount of side content and exploration that you can do.

As much as I love Chrono Trigger, it doesn't compare at all to FFIII in terms of freedom, exploration, and characters.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do we really need to argue? CT, FF3 and Earthbound are some of the best RPGs ever made. How you rank them is irrelevant they all should be played.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think what happened with CT and Earthbound was that I was pretty close to poor, so all my money went to get me a car. Then I discovered whores in high school.

I was chatting with a my buddy the other day. I remember playing a ton of LttP, FF2/3, NBA jam, and SF2. Next I remember OoT then Wind Waker and GTA. I feel like I missed a lot due to college, hanging out, and pussy. Then I remember 17 year old me having my SF2 buddy keep driving around a church parking lot so his GF's friend could finish blowing me in the back seat and realize I made a good decision. I wish I could remember her name. She did a great job.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think what happened with CT and Earthbound was that I was pretty close to poor, so all my money went to get me a car. Then I discovered whores in high school.

I was chatting with a my buddy the other day. I remember playing a ton of LttP, FF2/3, NBA jam, and SF2. Next I remember OoT then Wind Waker and GTA. I feel like I missed a lot due to college, hanging out, and pussy. Then I remember 17 year old me having my SF2 buddy keep driving around a church parking lot so his GF's friend could finish blowing me in the back seat and realize I made a good decision. I wish I could remember her name. She did a great job.

Welp. Wrap it up. (No pun intended) Thread is over and the award goes to Caeden Caeden .

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is that bad, though? FFIII is great because it has fantastic characters (<3 General Leo), an epic story, and an enormous amount of side content and exploration that you can do.

As much as I love Chrono Trigger, it doesn't compare at all to FFIII in terms of freedom, exploration, and characters.
I was more referring to the mechanics and graphics on 3. I mean it’s a good game like you said, but it can be kind of painful going back and playing it, whereas I don’t have a problem going back and playing CT

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

946d8e8a404b2622046b158872be9141.455x341x1.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

Is this dindu for real? RPGMaker exists because of the genre established & headlined by FF2 and FF3. No shit they feel like an RPGMaker game, RPGMaker was developed so people could create their own riffs in the style of those classics.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea if the pi can handle streaming

It does ok with Kodi (you should be able to add it to retropi under ports) but if you have a Fire Tv it seems to handle it better. I use Plex for all my local media so can't speak on streaming from PC to the Pi though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is this dindu for real? RPGMaker exists because of the genre established & headlined by FF2 and FF3. No shit they feel like an RPGMaker game, RPGMaker was developed so people could create their own riffs in the style of those classics.

u are 1 fucking cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch sending me messages saying is this dindu for real lol fuckin sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur sendin me about sum final fantasy that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil fuckin gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ive never made it past the world of ruin transition in FF3 :(

Something about so many characters makes me get bored anytime i reattempt to finish it. Same thing with 12 :(

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I will also be of this thought... I never liked Earthbound... I get the jokes, I get it... I don't like it.

I think the setting is what makes Earthbound less appealing to me. I'm a fan of fantasy RPGs, and the modern-ish, weird setting just doesn't draw me in.

I actually felt pretty similar about Secret of Evermore. It's a good game, and I'm glad I played through it, but the setting (especially the beginning in the 1950s town and the super sci-fi world) didn't impress me much. A bazooka? In my RPG???

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Generally the only people who call FF3 FF6 are weebo neckbeards
We've got access to all the FF games now, including multiple versions of the ones we didn't originally get in the SNES/NES days. Referring to them by their Japanese numbers is simply the most straightforward way to do it. Saying "FF3" makes more sense if you're referring to the third game in the series, right?

...But I suppose just talking this way means I might fall into that "weaboo" category, so maybe I'm just proving your point!