SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
As hard as Ut tries to bash it, the SNES Classic is still a really neat toy. Well worth the $$$.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As hard as Ut tries to bash it, the SNES Classic is still a really neat toy. Well worth the $$$.

I wonder if he goes to restaurants and yells at the patrons going "YOU CAN BUY ALL THIS SHIT AT KROGERS FOR 20% THE COST YOU DUMBASSES!!!"

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I wonder if he goes to restaurants and yells at the patrons going "YOU CAN BUY ALL THIS SHIT AT KROGERS FOR 20% THE COST YOU DUMBASSES!!!"

I just assume he has been banned everywhere IRL, which is why he spends so much time here.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I couldn’t careless if you buy it. The problem is the business model. They are fucking over switch owners while they concentrate on this. All available resources for this should have been placed into a VC subscription service for the switch. Not releasing retro pi snes classics.

I get why they do it. It’s cheap to make. It sells and they are selling these and making about 56 dollars on each fucking one. But they would be better off concentrating on today’s market. It goes to show how fucking out of touch these idiots are. NOA needs to fully take over the company. Because meanwhile, switch sales are tanking everywhere outside of their island home, and rather then make that feature rich, they sell these fucking things.

Snes covered 3ds xl? Go nuts. Everyone still wants to buy one. Being it’s a hell of a better portable than the switch at the moment.

• 1Picard

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Nope. Now beer, that’s another story all together. I know where all the best deals are.

(Lol you just compared this issue to a restaurant. Next up: the car analogy and the thread is complete)

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I get why they do it. It’s cheap to make. It sells and they are selling these and making about 56 dollars on each fucking one. But they would be better off concentrating on today’s market. It goes to show how fucking out of touch these idiots are
Well, the NES and SNES Classics have a WAY broader audience than the Switch. There are a lot of people who have no intention of ever buying a Switch (who don't even know about it, even) but have some nostalgia for old NES and SNES games and would be happy to pick up a gadget that lets them play a bunch of 'em with no fuss. I don't blame Nintendo for coming up with a highly desirable gadget with mass appeal, but I certainly blame them for releasing it in such limited quantities. Now THAT was a shitty decision.

Szlia

That's the dirty secret of the game industry: the no longer gamers is a much bigger target than the gamers. Most readers will read all their life, most movie goers will see movies all their life, but most gamers stop playing games. The NES and SNES Classic also target the no longer gamers in an attempt to make them gamer again and/or to make gamers out of their children (as opposed to cell phone games users).

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Does the super deal with the controller input lag? My wife and I played the old one at friends house and the lag was really noticeable.

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

Does the super deal with the controller input lag? My wife and I played the old one at friends house and the lag was really noticeable.

Quoted for same question^

Third and last kid coming in late December, probably going to hook up my young kids with this as a constellation prize for getting Christmas rekt. If it doesn't replicate old SNES to a tee I'll just build a Pi and forgo the nostalgia bomb on my kids.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Get a pi anyway and unload a plethora of bombs. Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, coleco, intellivision, nes, snes, sega, gen, turbo, Jaguar, ps one, Amiga, apple II, apple II gs, and whatever else I’m not thinking of.

Oh and hey remember the movie cloak and dagger? Play that game too. And it was only made for the movie.

Cloak & Dagger (rev 5) ROM for MAME

Szlia

Kiroy Kiroy SeanDoe1z1 SeanDoe1z1 I am not sure input lag is the right word here since the controllers are corded, but there is a possibility of display lag. That being said, most TV have a "game mode" where display lag is dramatically reduced to the point of being unnoticeable unless you are a speedrunner and have some frame perfect parts in muscle memory or something. Also, it's an issue caused by modern screens, so a retro pie would not solve it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
I pre-ordered mine for 90€.

I still haven't opened it, too much to play atm. It didn't come sealed so I can't sell it as mint if I decide to never play it.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
best to use wii classic controller so you have a home button so you can save/load snapshots easier

sucks atm reaching forward and hitting the reset button to get to the emu menu...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the release of the SNES Classic inspired me to replay EarthBound for the kajillionth time (on my laptop tho). just wanted to stop by and share how awesome that game still is. any of you Classic owners played it yet since buying?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
the release of the SNES Classic inspired me to replay EarthBound for the kajillionth time (on my laptop tho). just wanted to stop by and share how awesome that game still is. any of you Classic owners played it yet since buying?
I started it over a couple of times since beating it on SNES ages ago, but like most classic RPGs I love, I couldn't get very far before my attention was drawn elsewhere. It really is a great game, though. I can't believe more RPGs didn't incorporate the "automatic win" mechanic when you vastly overpower an enemy.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I started it over a couple of times since beating it on SNES ages ago, but like most classic RPGs I love, I couldn't get very far before my attention was drawn elsewhere. It really is a great game, though. I can't believe more RPGs didn't incorporate the "automatic win" mechanic when you vastly overpower an enemy.

when i replay it i often get bored/discouraged during the Peaceful Rest Valley and Threed portions of the game, but once i power through that i blow through the rest.

this time around i managed to get my Sword of Kings in a mere 20 minutes or so of grinding, without any emulator tricks like fast forward. didn't have the motivation to get any of the other 1/128 items tho.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I always get burnt out during the desert part of Earthbound. There is another power spike of the enemies in the pyramid and toward that time the storyline is petering out.