Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Okay, seeing pretty much 99% of the UK's top sports men and women do the Poznan on SPOTY just now was hilarious.

Don't give Chelsea team of the year FFS, please! (Would have said that even if they didn't lose to the samba boys today)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Messi has 90 goals this year.... Insane numbers. Greatest professional athlete in the world.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Meh. If the best athletes in the USA played soccer, it would be a powerhouse. Instead it's mostly made up of latinos and hipsters who go to fringe colleges.

LeBron > Messi

Fazana_sl

shitlord
So that's 12-7 over the last two Arsenal vs Reading games!

Shows how horrible most of the Premiership is this season that Arsenal are up to 5th and only 2 points from 3rd. It's nuts a team in 3rd place is 13 points behind the leaders at this stage of the season.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So that's 12-7 over the last two Arsenal vs Reading games!

Shows how horrible most of the Premiership is this season that Arsenal are up to 5th and only 2 points from 3rd. It's nuts a team in 3rd place is 13 points behind the leaders at this stage of the season.
Really is amazing. Plus Arsenal is 3rd in GD as well - even after starting off about as poorly as I can ever recall. Still a long way to go though. Spurs, Arsenal, Everton will all be around at the end of the season. The race for first and second is over.

Thought Cazorla was absolutely brilliant tonight, hat trick aside. Walcott needs to quit being a fucking faggot and either sign a contract or pack his shit. Wilshere managed to get his sorted in a matter of weeks, and he's infinitely more valuable to the side than Feo. I hope he signs one, but the pussy footing around is getting obnoxious.

Good win, but it was only Reading. They really are a dreadful team.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Meh. If the best athletes in the USA played soccer, it would be a powerhouse. Instead it's mostly made up of latinos and hipsters who go to fringe colleges.

LeBron > Messi
Tj5BZ.gif

Tj5BZ.gif

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well the US would certainly be more competitive than it is now, we have more kids play soccer than any other country in the world. And in hindsight I think most older guys that follow soccer here realize we should have continued to play it for the chance to travel the world, fuck exotic girls and get paid a shit ton of money to do so.

In real news, LFC is paying Blackpool 4m pounds for Ince /facepalm.....

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Will he make his team-mates call him Guvnor Jnr? Will he also be a cowardly shit when it comes to penalties? *

*Thinks Ince Snr was as big a wanker as Mark Hughes was.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Blackpool's valuation is actually ?6m, LFC negotiated a 35% sell on clause when Blackpool signed him which gives the club a 35% discount to buy him back. Because y'know, when a young unproven player decides a) he wants more games and b) he wants more money than you're prepared to offer then it's probably not a good idea to cave into his demands, hence why he left with a 35% sell on clause

Jait

Molten Core Raider
We got Arsenal and Reading yesterday. God, Reading fucking sucks. Mackie just tore them a new asshole for 90 minutes in commentary.

Elerion

N00b
Blackpool's valuation is actually ?6m, LFC negotiated a 35% sell on clause when Blackpool signed him which gives the club a 35% discount to buy him back. Because y'know, when a young unproven player decides a) he wants more games and b) he wants more money than you're prepared to offer then it's probably not a good idea to cave into his demands, hence why he left with a 35% sell on clause
What the fuck does a 35% discount on an undefined amount even mean? Blackpool could just as easily say "we value him at 9m!" and have LFC pay 6m.

I still think this is a dumb move. There are limits to how much a kid can grow as a player in a year in the Championship.

revvy

Trakanon Raider
We got Arsenal and Reading yesterday. God, Reading fucking sucks. Mackie just tore them a new asshole for 90 minutes in commentary.
Yes, we do, we weren't good enough to get promoted I'm still not entirely sure what we're doing up there this season. It's fucking depressing going to every game and getting hammered though
frown.png

frown.png

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The only way to look at it to stop getting so depressed is that sweet sweet parachute money. That is so long as your board went in eyes open and didn't have crazy deluded dreams about finishing way up the table. The current Norwich type success story is very much an outlier, staying up should be seen as an amazing bonus, not an expectation. Getting promoted, a year in the Premiership with the income and then guaranteed parachute payment should give you the solid financial base (if spent wisely) to make a second promotion bid with much more chance of success.

That was how I looked at it when Forest were flirting with promotion, I knew they'd get arse fucked almost every week but the finances would have been sorted. Now they are yet another Middle Eastern footballing plaything I have nfc what would happen when (not if!) they get some consistency going and climb the table.

Obviously I meant in paragraph one "Success" in relative terms, for probably half the division staying up is success.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't really see Ince adding much, Sturridge definitely can if he's on his game. The only thing that's tough is were these the only players available and is this all the money LFC is going to spend? Isco has a buyout clause of 17m and even though he's not a wide player would definitely add what we need in a creative force in the final 3rd. If we see better quality players going to other teams at the same or less money then it's just going to be /facepalm all over again.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Quote from Damian Commoli today, confirming LFC made multiple contract offers to Ince, which would have made him the highest earning non first team player.

Understandably his father had concerns about Hodgsons shit style of football suiting his son, hence why he didn't sign.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Champions league Last 16 draw made today

Real Madrid vs Man Utd - Ronaldo returns to Old Trafford for the first time since his move. What a game this would be.
Arsenal vs Bayern Munich - Probably the other of the two first seeded teams that Arsenal didn't want to draw alongside Barca. Tough tie.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have high hopes for that Madrid v United series. Maybe Vidic will get injured again to guarantee some 10 goal games. It's also interesting how many second tier teams got paired against each other. Might only take one upset to get some virgin blood in the finals.