Soccer 2013-2014

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it's pretty crazy with all the potential players coming in at Spurs. Might need some time to gel but the talent is undoubtedly there to challenge for a position even higher than 4th IF the remaining transfers come through.

Would be sad to see Bale go but ?93M + Coentrao? Holy shit, that is an offer that no one could refuse even for someone like Levy.

Pretty pumped.

Bale for Willian, Coentrao, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue and Chadli. That is some pretty good business for Spurs.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
With the team they have now, they should be easily in the top 4 I don't see any reason why they could not challange for the title, it would not be a failure if they don't win the title but it would be a massive faulire is spurs don't finish in the top 4

faille

Molten Core Raider
Spurs are famous for their massive failures though!

Villa was such a great buy for Athletico, his opening goal in the supercup was pretty class. Must say it also made me glad we missed out on diego costa. He gets maybe a foul in the build up, but when the goal is scored, instead of going to celebrate with his teammates, or just the goal itself, he'd rather go and remonstrated with the assistant referee for not giving a foul.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Pretty much expected with all the deals being done by Spurs.

Bye bye Bale
frown.png

Hope we get first option to buy him back or some kind of % of a sell on fee if he gets sold in the future inserted into the deal.

I think this sale will cause a domino effect. Rumours of Benzema to Arsenal for ?40m circulating and Ronaldo returning to Man Utd. This could cause Rooney to Chelsea to happen in return for money or exchange for Mata since Jose doesn't seem too keen on him on evidence of their previous two games where he didn't start.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Spurs are famous for their massive failures though!
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Faille here...

Spurs always find a way to build up expectation and then crush them mercilessly in my experience.

Forever pessimist I am regarding Spurs
frown.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Bale isn't as good as Ronaldo, the money RM is spending is just stupid as you'd then have to say both Ronaldo and Messi are so expensive as to be worth more by themselves than some PL teams. Some confusion on whether Coentrao is part of the deal or not. Either way I don't think this really improves either team.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Real are absolute morons if they let Ronaldo go this summer. Bale will get maybe 25 goals at Real this season, whereas Ronaldo guarantees you 50+. Though I do think Ronaldo is in the 2nd last year of his contract, so this IS the last time they can recoup his fee..

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
BBC Sport - Arsenal target Real Madrid pair

Seems like Arsenal wants Di Maria too as well as Benzema.

If Madrid sells Benzema, won't they not have any strikers left since Higuain left already? Strange one that..
My hope (re: prayer) is that Madrid promote Morata, and go in at the zero hour for Suarez. About a 2% chance that happens. Hard to see Benzema coming off, but seeing it on BBC gives it a bit more credence than the back page of the Mirror. Think we have a better chance at Di Maria with Bale coming in. Madrid is clinically retarded for pushing this one through. Stupid money for a chimp w/ one great season (and another very good one).

Arsenal ripped Fener apart today, but my fucking god are they a poor side. Looked out of shape and had zero creativity. Koscielny got kicked in the face, and was sent to hospital for stitches. Seems he'll be alright, but it was pretty nasty.

Saw the end of Chelski/Villa - ref missed a blatant handball on Terry, but what are you gonna do. Villa look a totally different side than they were last year. Benteke was a beast again.

Elerion

N00b
Suarez to Real Madrid for a ridiculous sum of money would be A-OK for me as a LFC supporter.

He's poison to the team, and sending him to RM sure beats playing him in the league.

Ashin

Confident we'll finish above Spurs again IF we bring in these 3-4 players we're rumoured to be looking at.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
SSN reports Chelski in advanced talks to sign Willian, ahaha. These next 2 weeks are going to be fucking wild. Wonder if that means their pursuit of Roo is over, and/or Mata is off. Think it'd be crazy to ship Mata off, was their best player last year.

Ashin

Looks like Willian is snubbing Spurs in favour of Chelsea.

Gives them more depth in the AM position, but not really worth it at ?30m when they already have Oscar, Hazard, De Bruyne, Mata and Schurrle.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Why the hell would Chelsea want him? Buying a ?30M player just to purely stop him from going to Spurs? It's not like they lack attacking midfielders. Totally strange...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Which is why it would seem that somebody is off. Mata to Manc w/ Roo going the other way anyone? Nah, makes too much sense. Mata would be a good fit at United I think, and Mourinho doesn't seem to like him all that well. Next few weeks will be absolutely awesome.