Soccer 2013-2014

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ugly win, and lucky with the goals (Boruc, thanks!) - but didn't think SHampton offered too much going forward. Their pressing game wasn't up to it today like it has been most of the season, but they are still an impressive side. Really excited for BVB/FCB - should be excellent. Oh, and come on WHU, a draw would be brilliant.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
L?w took great care to injure every single Dortmund defender against England, and it shows.

Lewandowski also didn't seem that intent on scoring against his future club.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Spurs just got anal raped. Man City are a complete enigma to me. One week we look like world beaters, the next we look fucking toothless. Silva and Kompany cannot return sooner.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man City are the weirdest team in the BPL. Absolutely throttle Spurs this week, which will no doubt send every media douche into a fit proclaiming they are unbeatable - then watch them lose next weekend to a relegation side. Strange team. On their day though, they should walk the league.

Also, LOL Neki.

Neki

Molten Core Raider

Fuck this season, fuck football, fuck this shit, fuck it all

1358469063.jpg

fuckthisshit.jpg

fuck-this-shit.gif

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well, at least Manc drew today - Spurs/United this weekend is massive. Find myself already secretly hoping Spurs win. The longer the "surprise" teams (Arsenal/SHampton/Pool) stay near the top, the better and more interesting the league becomes.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I truly believe Moyes has started a slow decent into mediocrity for ManUre, money be damned. He did just enough to be competent at Everton and I don't see much changing now.

Szlia

Basel: the bane of EPL sides! 6 points against Chelsea, but watch them get knocked out by winning 2 points against Bucharest and none against Schalke!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Unreal Chelshit qualifies after losing to Basel again, while Arse is on 12 points and still not over the line. Played relatively well tonight, but should have won 3 or 4 nil. Marseille are absolute dogshit. With BVB cruising to a win, Arsenal need to draw/win or not lose by 3 at Napoli to get through.... stranger things have happened, but I think Arsenal get through rather easily. Napoli looked like shit today, and they aren't good enough to beat Arse by 3 goals unless Arsenal doesn't show up. Sucks that they got drawn into that group in the first place though, no business them being in Pot 4.

Also, I guess the Ajax fan that fell 10 meters is alive (somehow). The pic of his fall is pretty gruesome, I thought for sure he'd died. Good to see Barca is still the best team in the world with a terrible defense. Pique is done (and if he isn't, he needs to be).

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still a bit mystified over Ozil's hot and cold tendencies. Or I guess it's that he looks like he doesn't really want to be there sometimes.

Szlia

How do this Swiss party after a game like that?
I am not a huge soccer fan, so my celebration started and ended with some harmless gloating in this thread! Die hard Basel fans I am sure know how to celebrate: the city is the home of the biggest carnival of the country.

In a typically swiss way, the newspaper articles were 30% 'wuwu Basel beat Chelsea' and 70% 'Salah will leave Basel soon.' That said, I understand the appeal of huge European clubs for a talented player like Salah, but in Basel he is guaranteed to play the group phase of the champion's league, maybe some knock-out phase and at worst some Europa League. And by 'play' I mean 'on the pitch' as opposed to 'on the bench 80% of the time' in Madrid or Manchester.