Soccer 2013-2014

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow what is going on this season.

I don't normally follow football but the 10 team relegation battle, title race horse puns and death of Manchester United are really getting me into it. I love Mourinho just trolling everyone with "oh we aren't in the title race" in increasingly bizarre ways while unleashing his plans to destroy everyone else.

Moyes seemed to make sense in United getting a new long term manager, but it was pointed out to me a few weeks ago that he had a really bad record against the top teams - he doesn't actually know how to beat them. If he can't even beat the team with the least points in the league then he must be in trouble?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You can't even make this stuff up. He's somehow turned RvP into a periphery player. Fitting picture:

BF1ZclzCUAA5XDQ.jpg:large

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
I keep hearing how of course Moyes is going to turn it around and get United back challenging for the title but...I just don't get what that's based on. There's no evidence to support that assertion.

P.S. Love this photo
smile.png

BeW2SAfIUAAUVtK.jpg

Elerion

N00b
Toure wasn't but whoever the guy on the left was, he was still dicking around in the 5 meter box when the shot bounced off the goal post, confusing the keeper - which is pretty much offside now and should have denied a goal if Toure had gotten the ball
You're wrong. The ball doesn't go near him, he's not moving for the ball, and he's not covering the keeper. Not even close to being offside.

In other news, I'm almost feeling sorry for Man U at this point. They're not playing great, but the last few lost points have been pure robberies.

PKS

N00b
I don't think they are robberies to be honest, even if it appears that way. Over several games United simply don't look like they can score, nor do they look like they can create many clear cut chances. I don't include crosses in chance creation unlike Moyes does.. The worst thing is that after the match Moyes will just say that United played really well, got unlucky, got to the byline umpteen times, etc. Sure, some luck is bad and sometimes things go against you, but if you are capable of scoring 3 or more goals versus any team then you eliminate the impact of having a bad decision or deflected goal etc.
The defence was pretty leaky last season under SAF but at least everyone was scoring. Talks of how RVP/Rooney/Chica/Welbeck front 4 was the best or in comparison to the Yorke/Cole/Sheringham/Solskjaer, or Suarez/Sturridge etc. Those 4 could paper over any crack. Now? A forgotten thought and who knows what players going to be there next season. Rooney no CL says good bye? Chica shipped off to Spain? RVP happy to stay? Vidic is already on the out, which I'm sad to see also.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In other news, I'm almost feeling sorry for Man U at this point. They're not playing great, but the last few lost points have been pure robberies.
LOL come on big E

I sure as hell don't.

Icing on the cake for me is Dark's been trolling it up for years with his anti Liverpool Gifs. I am enjoying this.

p.s. <3 u Dark

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The best part about this whole thing is Whiskeynose would need to admit he's wrong in order to remove Moyes, something he is utterly incapable of doing. Moyes has no idea how to use the players he has nor how to build a team it seems. Both Mata, Rooney and Kagawa's best position is behind the striker yet he has Rooney playing as a CM, Mata as a winger and Kagawa not at all. Pretty sure the Opta stats showed Rooney had all of 3 passes completed to RvP the whole game with 1 of those being a kick-off. It also doesn't help that ManU overvalues their own players so badly, there is or was a thread on redcafe about how Welbeck is better than Sturridge which is pretty fucking laughable.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who said Gerrard is done and needs to be replaced?

Huge game from him today with that sick pass to Sturridge for goal 1 and the pen make.

just gotta hold on a couple mins now.

edit: haha Manu is 11 points off 4th now liverpool 3- Fulham 2

faille

Molten Core Raider
Massive massive result. Just the sort of game you have to scrape through if you hope to be champions

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Wouldn't have even really been close if not for the comedy show called Skrtel and Toure. Fucking elated right now especially reading how dire Arse/ManUre were.

Elerion

N00b
The whole game was just wonky because of those freak goals. It allowed Fulham to sit with 9 men behind the ball most of the game, denying Liverpool any room to play in. At the same time, Fulham obviously didn't get any chances, seeing as they didn't ever go forward.

Without Toure/Skrtel's clowning, the game would have been completely different. Heck, Fulham could even have scored a goal without our help if it played out differently. If we had ever been in the lead though, SSS would have wreaked havoc on Fulham's defense.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wouldn't have even really been close if not for the comedy show called Skrtel and Toure. Fucking elated right now especially reading how dire Arse/ManUre were.
Don't understand the Skrtel hate, nothing he could do to stop the 2nd goal. Overall he has prob been one of the better CB in England this season. Surely the best defender on pool. Whoscored has him as the top CB in EPL.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Awful defending for both - if Liverpool continue to play like that away from home there's no chance of a title shot. In fact I wish people would stop saying they're in it and the fans would stop hyping their chances, people forget that inbetween destroying Everton and Arsenal we dropped points vs West Brom and Villa.

Elerion

N00b
When you're 4 points off the top of the table with 12 games to go, and the last three games against the top 3 teams have been one blowaway victory (home), one fair loss (away) and one undeserved loss (away) - you're in it no matter what you say. Sure, Rodgers and the players can say they're not contenders, and they're certainly outsiders, but they're in it.

The defense needs to get their shit together though. Skrtel couldn't do anything about the second goal? Oh PLEASE. He could have hoofed it wide, clearing the danger. Alternatively, he could have let Flanagan handle the first touch and be on standby to clear it if necessary. He chose the worst possible option - playing it back across goal where he knew there was no Liverpool support. It was a fuck-up, clear and simple.

According to Mourinho, there are three horses in the race; Chelsea is the little horse, the two others are the big horses. I'd argue that after this last week, Liverpool have joined the race as a tiny dark horse. With Kolo as jockey. God help us.