Soccer 2013-2014

faille

Molten Core Raider
Way tougher than it had to be, but another three points in the bag.
Defensive frailties could end up costing us the title, but here's hoping they continue to happen in games where they don't decide the outcome.
It's going to be all down to Anfield to bring the title home, with our remaining away games (West Ham, Norwich, Crystal Palace) being relatively easy and winnable.

Elerion

N00b
Yep.

Also, two more observations:
- Sturridge and Suarez have started flopping noticably more in recent weeks. I don't know if fair play is going out the window now that so much is at stake or what, but it's painful to watch them drop at the slightest touch (or lack of one). They've both been bad in past seasons, but it wasn't like this in the first half of this season.
- This might be related to the first point, but I thought the ref last night was pretty damn bad. Vergini should have been sent off for sure. The first tackle with Suarez through on goal is arguably straight red, I guess I can see why he stuck to the yellow, but it's definitely a "one more and you're out" tackle. The late foul Verdini made on the wing 5 minutes later was a yellow card for sure, so the red should have come out then. Then there's the penalty Coutinho should have had, Cattermole (or was it O'Shea?) swept his leg straight out from under him. Overall also a large number of rough duels where I feel LFC had a good shout for a free kick but didn't get one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yep.

Also, two more observations:
- Sturridge and Suarez have started flopping noticably more in recent weeks. I don't know if fair play is going out the window now that so much is at stake or what, but it's painful to watch them drop at the slightest touch (or lack of one). They've both been bad in past seasons, but it wasn't like this in the first half of this season.
- This might be related to the first point, but I thought the ref last night was pretty damn bad. Vergini should have been sent off for sure. The first tackle with Suarez through on goal is arguably straight red, I guess I can see why he stuck to the yellow, but it's definitely a "one more and you're out" tackle. The late foul Verdini made on the wing 5 minutes later was a yellow card for sure, so the red should have come out then. Then there's the penalty Coutinho should have had, Cattermole (or was it O'Shea?) swept his leg straight out from under him. Overall also a large number of rough duels where I feel LFC had a good shout for a free kick but didn't get one.
So you claim that SAS are diving more then your next point is about referees not getting decisions involving them right - okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Elerion

N00b
Those points are not mutually exclusive. SAS and Johnson went down like 10 times last night and only got a couple free kicks. 2-3 of those times they went down far too easily, and the ref was right not to give one. Several other times they were clearly tackled and should have had one.

Of course their behaviour makes the referee more likely to wave play on even when they do get tackled, which is why I said the points were related.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Those points are not mutually exclusive. SAS and Johnson went down like 10 times last night and only got a couple free kicks. 2-3 of those times they went down far too easily, and the ref was right not to give one. Several other times they were clearly tackled and should have had one.

Of course their behaviour makes the referee more likely to wave play on even when they do get tackled, which is why I said the points were related.
or the lack of proper decisions makes them more likely to exaggerate contact Zzzzzzzzzz

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The ref, Kevin Friend, was fucking god awful last night. In the end we won, that's all that matters. Lets just enjoy it as LFC has certainly exceeded everybodies expectations. I just am looking forward to every game so much now and even if we do come up short it's been an amazing run. To top it off the Moyesiah just keeps on giving LOLOLOLOLOL:

moyes.gif

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Every ref sucks because of all the Oscar-winning performances going on out there. No one can get it right from a distance, at a certain angle, at full speed, and a single look.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
All LFC has to do is swat Spuds again and we're top of the league. Chelsea losing to Palace was just glorious!

Chris

Potato del Grande
All LFC has to do is swat Spuds again and we're top of the league. Chelsea losing to Palace was just glorious!
I'm pleased for Liverpool but it doesn't really count when Manchester City have 2 games in hand, you have to compare like with like.

That being said I think that if either Man City or Liverpool win all their games they win the title, so it'll come down to the game between them which should be pretty awesome.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'm pleased for Liverpool but it doesn't really count when Manchester City have 2 games in hand, you have to compare like with like.

That being said I think that if either Man City or Liverpool win all their games they win the title, so it'll come down to the game between them which should be pretty awesome.
but with City having to play at Anfield still, if we win that and our remaining games, the league is ours. Not having to rely on other results is so much nicer.
Another 7 on the trot is pretty daunting though.

faille

Molten Core Raider
You bloody ripper!!
It's Christmas again 8)

Still a lot to do, but if you've offered us this situation at the start of the season, I would have bitten your arm off and I think every team in the league would have as well.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
We just need to beat City and we have it IMO even if we drop points to Chelsea. Great game for LFC, Spuds didn't have shit and it seemed like we didn't even get into high gear. Amazing performances all around, Sterling is a fucking beast.

Edit: And how suicidal was that lineup that Sherwood started? Did he really think he was going to outscore us at Anfield? LOLOLOLOLOL, no wonder Vertonghen said fuck this so quickly.

faille

Molten Core Raider
It was 4 am when the game finished so I had to go to sleep and missed Sherwood's post match interview. Did he talk about how he knows how much pressure there is because he's lifted the trophy and how how nervous Liverpool must be feeling in these sort of games? I'm sure it would have been really insightful if he had.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Nah, Dim looked like a broken man. Said there was no point in him coming down from the stands as the game was over and then admitted the top 4 sides are all better than Spuds. All in all a pretty depressing interview if you are a Spuds fan, hilarious for everybody else.