Soccer 2013-2014

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You're right Darkseid, almost outplayed by Olympiacos who looked utter garbage at OT but De Gea saves the day. Hopefully Giggs starts the rest of the year. Corners turned, swagger and all that shit for Moyes!

Szlia

One of the least dominant performance to ever result in a 3-0! In the end, result > quality, as you live to fight another day, but this type of performances shouldn't allow them to go through the next round.

faille

Molten Core Raider
We got our three points so I'm happy for Man U to get their shit together and takes points off City.
I'd actually like to see them in the Europa League since I think Liverpool has proved that it's far more advantageous to not be in it if you want to improve your league position. Spurs issues go much deeper but playing those games haven't helped them in the slightest.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I like how you left out the key part about Suarez admitting what he said to your own staff. We really gotta go around in circles again with the topic? Regime was either trollbaiting or put on his dunce cap.
his version was different to Evra's. Any other witnesses were hearsay "Patrice told me Suarez said this" - that will stand up in court about as well as Aaron Ramsay after a Shawcross tackle.

Evra originally said he was called "American Inventor" 10x then later changed it. #inconsistency

Elerion

N00b
Great result last night. It keeps Moyes in the chair a bit longer and gives Man U a confidence boost before the City game. Of course there is the nightmare scenario: Man U defies all odds and wins the CL, Liverpool finish 4th in the PL...

PKS

N00b
It's very easy to be happy over a CL win and on the back of a nasty defeat, but Olympiakos had plenty of easy sitters to score and failed. In any other universe the score would have been at least 3-1 and United went out with Moyes head called to be placed on a spike outside Old Trafford. At least there was a difference being someone like Giggs able to orchestrate some forward play resulting in goals. There is no chance in winning the next CL round.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Great result last night. It keeps Moyes in the chair a bit longer and gives Man U a confidence boost before the City game. Of course there is the nightmare scenario: Man U defies all odds and wins the CL, Liverpool finish 4th in the PL...
If anybody truly thinks Moyes could lead ManU to the CL title then they haven't watched him coach ManU this year is all I can figure. The thought of him matching wits with Ancelloti, Pep, Klopp, Simeone or any of the others and coming out on top is laughable.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My drawing predictions:

Bayern - BvB (last years finals often get picked for 1/4 or 1/2 finals)
Chelsea - Real (Mourinho visiting his old employee)
ManU - Atletico (Moyes may weasel itself to semis by pulling 2 draws)
PSG - Barca

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I guess you can keep grasping at straws but I'd have to say I'd take DiMateo over Moyes and that Chelsea side were not in anyway near as bad as this ManU side.

Edit: Should just point and laugh for bringing up the flukiest CL win in the last 10 years to begin with.

faille

Molten Core Raider
It's pretty close between Chelsea's and Liverpool's CL wins I think. both were clear outsiders from well before the final.
This year isn't the same though since there's no real weak teams left and even when Chelsea and Liverpool had their wins they were top 4/5 sides while Man U looks to be well off that standard atm.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Barcelona v athletico and psg v chelsea are the juicy ties that could go either way. Bayern will destroy Man U, Real should account for Dortmund but there is a chance of an upset there.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's pretty close between Chelsea's and Liverpool's CL wins I think..
Not even remotely close.

Chelsea had already reached the CL final in 2009 and had been competing in it regularly prior to that. They're also bankrolled by a Russian billionaire - they might not have been favourites in the final or semi final but even despite the rookie manager they would have been favourites in earlier rounds.

LFC had to go through the qualifying stages, scraped through the group stage on goal difference and then beat Juventus, Chelsea and AC Milan en route to lifting the cup. We held Juventus away (minus Gerrard if I remember correctly) to a 0-0 draw to go through, shut out Chelsea over 2 legs and admittedly got destroyed first half v Milan but turned it round in the second. So that's teams containing Ibrahimovic, Thuram, Cannavaro, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Kaka, Maldini, Crespo knocked out by the likes of Traore, Biscan, Smicer, Kewell and Baros.

Oh and flukey isn't the right word to describe that CL run, flukey implies that it was all down to luck when clearly it wasn't. You can't even call the Garcia goal vs Chelsea luck because really Cech should have been sent off

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pep vs. Moyes for 180 minutes, this is going to be a classic.....

Edit: Ossoi if you're referring to my comment about fluky, I said it in regards to Chelsea's win. The spine of the 2005 team was pretty fucking stellar and gets shortchanged a lot.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I was the one who considered it to be on par with Liverpools, though I think unlikely is more appropriate then flukey.
And Liverpool didn't have to go through all the qualifying stages during that win.