Soccer 2013-2014

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Is Jovetic really going to City? Man, how many strikers do they have now?

Jovetic has been linked with Arsenal for a long time as far as I remember. He would certainly improve their team and is within their budget of around ?20 - 25M. No idea why Arsene is not bidding for him.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't really get how Monaco expects this to work if the Hulk rumor is true, they're going to lose probably 200m euros this year. I guess they could claim for their CL entry that they'll never lose those types of funds again but I'm sure with the wages that will be paid out there is no way they'll ever make a profit.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Fiorentina have confirmed that Jovetic is signing with City.

Dzeko is probably out practicing how to properly warm the bench already.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
With Aguero and Dzeko you would have thought one was enough, oh well sucks for Dzeko as you know Aguero will be starting one way or another.

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Barcelona having a press conference at 20:30 GMT. Tito possibly stepping down, because of his deteriorating health. Not good.
frown.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Sad for Tito - AVB, come on down.

If its a relapse of prior condition, his days are (seemingly) numbered. Wonder how long Barca wait before looking for a manager - or more specifically - how long should they wait without coming off like total dicks? Hard to imagine they didn't/don't have contingency plan in place for situation like this.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Reina to Napoli on loan lol.

Valdes says he'll leave Barca.
Reina wants to replace him.
LFC replace Reina.
Valdes changes his mind!

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Nope, have only used the LFC store.

New Barca manager is some guy I've never heard of, Gerardo Martino. He's currently the coach of Newell's Old Boys in Argentina.
Would of been better going for Laudrup or Klopp (though I doubt Klopp would have left).

Neki

Molten Core Raider
[ood news for you Neki! Not sure what other options are available to Spurs though, and they need a striker almost as bad as Arsenal do.
Yeah well, I suppose that's a bullet dodged.. yay?

We just signed another winger from Twente. Yeah, we need MOAR midfielders AVB! Not enuff! We are probably planning to play with a 4-6-0 formation with the way things are going.

We apparently made a ?20M bid for Soldado but got rejected because his club wants ?25M.

Meh

Arsenal seems to have sold their star left back. Wenger must be ecstatic with all the interest that he is accumulating in the Arsenal bank account.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Soldado is a decent player, but 25m is a little steep. Like Higuain as a player too - at 25-29m - anything over 30 is over the odds. Weird market. Arsenal has done a great job of cutting the fat though - everyone is off save B52 (the greatest striker in the world), Chamakh and Gervinho - but Gervs looks set to join Roma soon. Rumors of Arsenal capturing Bernard this week - would love it if true, but don't believe any of the bullshit on twitter until it shows up on Arsenal.com

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Madrid didn't end up with Cavani but they did get his money once this sale of Higuain to Napoli is confirmed. Just another Gooner transfer dream hit with a cold dose of reality, the AFC fans who are buying that their club won't spend anywhere over 20m pounds for any player yet will spend upwards of 50m on Suarez is just laughable.

As far as Soldado, I don't believe for a second that Spurs or LFC would actually sign him as he's 28 meaning the 25m or so is a sunk cost. You're never getting that back which is totally against how either team is trying to operate currently.

As an LFC fan, seeing the pictures from our friendly in Indonesia and now Australia is just crazy with the fan commitment. Maybe the 39th game overseas wouldn't be a bad idea?
smile.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Arsenal have just bid 40,000,001 because they thought that would give them permission to speak to Suarez, it was rejected straight away #cretins

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't really get what is going on with these bids, at first it came off as just a usual ploy of "hey, at least we tried.". Now though it sounds like his agent truly believed we would have to sell him at ?40m and has the Arsenal brass believing this as well. Why we would sell Suarez for any less than Torres type money and to another EPL team is just baffeling in how someone misjudged the situation so badly.

At this point I think his agent fucked up by either misinforming Suarez or misunderstanding LFC's position. Either way he's not moving to Arsenal.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Madrid didn't end up with Cavani but they did get his money once this sale of Higuain to Napoli is confirmed. Just another Gooner transfer dream hit with a cold dose of reality, the AFC fans who are buying that their club won't spend anywhere over 20m pounds for any player yet will spend upwards of 50m on Suarez is just laughable.

As far as Soldado, I don't believe for a second that Spurs or LFC would actually sign him as he's 28 meaning the 25m or so is a sunk cost. You're never getting that back which is totally against how either team is trying to operate currently.

As an LFC fan, seeing the pictures from our friendly in Indonesia and now Australia is just crazy with the fan commitment. Maybe the 39th game overseas wouldn't be a bad idea?
smile.png
I'm actually on holidays in Adelaide atm. You have no idea how disappointed I am to miss the match between my two main teams. I try to take some comfort from the fact that the MCG is a shit ground to watch soccer in. It's not really working though 8(

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I don't really get what is going on with these bids, at first it came off as just a usual ploy of "hey, at least we tried.". Now though it sounds like his agent truly believed we would have to sell him at ?40m and has the Arsenal brass believing this as well. Why we would sell Suarez for any less than Torres type money and to another EPL team is just baffeling in how someone misjudged the situation so badly.

At this point I think his agent fucked up by either misinforming Suarez or misunderstanding LFC's position. Either way he's not moving to Arsenal.
According to this, that seems to be exactly what his agent and the player believed, bid that much and he can go!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez wants to hold talks with Arsenal over a potential move to the London club.

Suarez believes Arsenal's offer of just over ?40m - which was rejected - triggered a clause in his contract that allows him to speak to suitors.

Liverpool interpret the clause differently, but the 26-year-old will inform Reds boss Brendan Rodgers of his wish to meet with Arsenal.
I don't follow football as much as I used to anyway but Suarez to Arsenal would be very disappointing to me.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Suarez actually going to Arsenal would be a joke, their chances of winning anything are just as bad as ours. Aside from playing 6 CL group games he would basically gain nothing, wages would probably stay the same. It's just really weird as I already noted, only common sense thing is it's a ploy to smoke out Madrid who do now have plenty of cash from the Higgy sale.