Soccer 2013-2014

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If I was on the fence about Suarez to Arsenal before, I'm not now. Hope it happens just so I can witness that with mine own eyes.

These Bale to RM rumors are everywhere today - can't believe Spurs would consider keeping him at the prices being thrown around. A ton of money for the 3rd best player in the league last season.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
These Bale to RM rumors are everywhere today - can't believe Spurs would consider keeping him at the prices being thrown around. A ton of money for the 3rd best player in the league last season.
Yep, hence my comment above - Bale and his advisors are waging a campaign via the press to get the move to Real Madrid. Suarez did some interviews back in Uruguay about wanting to leave England, then it became about wanting to play in the CL but his efforts to push for a move to Arsenal have been insignificant next to Bales.

Rick_sl

shitlord
Wanted to say as a Chelsea fan that JT is class and the best defender that England have had for the last 10 years. Also spurs should take the money and fucking run. Bale is not that good.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Wanted to say as a Chelsea fan that JT is class and the best defender that England have had for the last 10 years. Also spurs should take the money and fucking run. Bale is not that good.
Thanks for stopping by and letting us all know that you're judgment of "class" is completely idiotic.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Sounds like the issue with the RM bids for Bale is they aren't all cash but half cash and the other half the assigned value of Di Maria and Coentrao. First issue is I'm sure Levy values both of those two players way below what anybody else would think they are worth, Madrid is saying 60m so figure Levy believes their worth 20m or some such bullshit. Second is that why would Di Maria and Coentrao agree to go to Spurs? Either way it sounds like Bale is determined to go.

Rick_sl

shitlord
You obviously know nothing about football if you don't think john terry has been one of the best defenders in the PL ? As to his personality I couldn't give a shit about it. If you need to like players the respect them for what they do/say then I don't know what to tell you
smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You obviously know nothing about football if you don't think john terry has been one of the best defenders in the PL ? As to his personality I couldn't give a shit about it. If you need to like players the respect them for what they do/say then I don't know what to tell you
smile.png
Are you sure you're from England? That's some pretty piss poor English being written from a person living where the language started. You're not asking a question, I don't even really understand what you're trying to say. Terry could kick puppies and spit on babies yet as long as he's Beckenbauer 2.0 it doesn't matter?

No, I don't think he's been one of the best defenders in the PL. I think he benefited from being on a team that spent more than basically anybody else in the last 12 years until ManC came along. Ferdinand, Vidic, Gallas, King, Carragher, etc. were all better IMO.

Rick_sl

shitlord
If you think that Carragher has been a better defender than Terry then that's only be because your a dirty bin dipper. As for Ferdinand, vidic and King they missed too many games to be thought of as being better IMO. Now gallas I can see your point he was mint at both arsenal and chelsea but as for the others your just wrong.

Rick_sl

shitlord
I can't wait for the season to start as this year the top six will be all very close. But in the end I think the league will finish...

Chelsea
Man city
Arsenal
Man u
Spurs
Liverpool

Neki

Molten Core Raider
With the way things are heading, my gut tells me that Bale is packing his bags for sunny Spain
frown.png

It's going to be a kick in the balls when it happens but Levy is sure to make it a world record fee push the deal through. Anything in excess of ?85M would be too good to turn down. Still, it sucks bad

Bye Bye Bale
frown.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Rafa building a great squad at Napoli. Any team that draws them in CL will be regretting it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is anyone else wondering what happened to the "Massive Summer" that Arsenal promised?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Summer not done yet, but getting down to the nut cutting now. Went from extraordinarily confident, to slightly concerned when I saw today was August 1st. After all the offloading Arsenal have done this summer, and freeing up over 400k a week in wages - I will be simply dumbstruck if they go into the season as is. Don't think that will happen though, as it will likely cost Wenger his job. Not sure why no big clubs have come in for Gustavo - think he's fantastic, and a surplus to Bayerns midfield.

Just read Pool made a 20m bid for Costa. If that comes off, great bit of business this summer for Atletico. Sell Costa for 20m, buy a better player in Villa for 4m and make 16m in profit. Not sure it is going to happen though... Surely there are better options out there for 20m.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Summer not done yet, but getting down to the nut cutting now. Went from extraordinarily confident, to slightly concerned when I saw today was August 1st. After all the offloading Arsenal have done this summer, and freeing up over 400k a week in wages - I will be simply dumbstruck if they go into the season as is. Don't think that will happen though, as it will likely cost Wenger his job. Not sure why no big clubs have come in for Gustavo - think he's fantastic, and a surplus to Bayerns midfield.

Just read Pool made a 20m bid for Costa. If that comes off, great bit of business this summer for Atletico. Sell Costa for 20m, buy a better player in Villa for 4m and make 16m in profit. Not sure it is going to happen though... Surely there are better options out there for 20m.
This is Liverpool. The club who spent ?35m on Carroll, ?20m on Downing and ?15m on Henderson.