Soccer 2013-2014

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Seriously don't know which North London team is having it worse this transfer window

Arsenal - ?70M available to spend, ?0 spent so far
Spurs - Desperate need for striker, buys a midfielder

Derp

We rumored to be readying a ?20M bid for Benteke this week, Jesus Christ.. I rather we try to buy Michu for that price or maybe Cisse from Newcastle. Seriously, are there NO OTHER STRIKERS in the world available than Ben-fucking-teke? I even prefer to have Robbie Keane back instead; he won't cost that much and is still a good goal scorer.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Arsenal receives 50% of any profit that Barca would make on selling Cesc, not a flat 50% of the bid amount. With the bid amounts mooted Arsenal would basically get nothing if they don't exercise their right of first refusal.

In actual real news, Cavani to PSG is finally confirmed. With Dortmund adamant they would rather lose Lewandowski on a free than sell him to Bayern that basically leaves Suarez and possibly Ibra as the only top level strikers left on the market. I still don't think any club is actually going to offer what LFC wants for Suarez so it will probably come down to how he acts when he returns to the club in 5 days.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Arsenal receives 50% of any profit that Barca would make on selling Cesc, not a flat 50% of the bid amount. With the bid amounts mooted Arsenal would basically get nothing if they don't exercise their right of first refusal.
If true, that certainly makes it a little easier to see a potential deal happening. The way I read it made no sense for Barca. Still don't see it happening. Cavani to PSG is fine, but I think they overpaid. Not sure Cavani is much better than Suarez if I'm honest, and he's more expensive.

Benteke isn't bad Neki - but I'd agree he isn't a 20m striker either. Paulinho could turn out to be the buy of the summer at the price paid. Still a long way to go, but so far its been a pretty boring summer for the BPL. Also - Ligue 1 now has 3 of the top 5 strikers in the world. What the fuck.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Jovetic to City is heavily rumoured at the moment
The question is do you consider him top level? With the money that ManC has I'd be kind of pissed if I was a ManC fan to be linked with Jovetic, Negredo and Soldado as the best they can do. All 3 of them are fine players that I'd love at LFC if Suarez leaves but none of them can just take over a game like a Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Suarez, etc. Basically you're just getting more of the same which wasn't good enough to begin with.

Edit: It also makes me wonder how FFP is really going to play out. ManC has pulled back to a certain degree because of FFP whereas you have PSG still spending well beyond their means if the Marquinhos deal goes through on top of Cavani.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
if the Marquinhos deal goes through on top of Cavani.
I am waiting for Barca to step in and finalize it. Their first choice of Thiago Silva isn't happening. Even if it was possible, I would hope Rosell would have some common sense and not buy him since something like 50 mil for a 29 year old is down right silly. Marquinhos has been second choice and offers everything that Barca/Pique need to play well. If he can continue on from what he achieved at Roma this past season, he would do well.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I am waiting for Barca to step in and finalize it. Their first choice of Thiago Silva isn't happening. Even if it was possible, I would hope Rosell would have some common sense and not buy him since something like 50 mil for a 29 year old is down right silly. Marquinhos has been second choice and offers everything that Barca/Pique need to play well. If he can continue on from what he achieved at Roma this past season, he would do well.
It's hard to say, he's 19 and could be the next Varane or nothing close to it. At least RM had cover when they bought Varane, Barca needs a starter and for a team that needs a CB to get back to CL winning level it is quite a leap of faith.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
It's hard to say, he's 19 and could be the next Varane or nothing close to it. At least RM had cover when they bought Varane, Barca needs a starter and for a team that needs a CB to get back to CL winning level it is quite a leap of faith.
To be honest, there really isn't much talent around that is available. Why Rosell didn't budge on Silva last season is beyond me. He had probably his best season and went to a club which doesn't care about money, yet Barca somehow figure they can try and get him now. Also most consider Marquinhos better than Varane. Varane had a decent few months/spring, Marquinhos basically led a terrible Roma defense all year. Its a risk but I rather take that than a wild inflated Thiago bid.

I remember the other names apart from those two floating around last month were Luiz, Kompany, and Agger. Basically Marquinhos is the only chance Barca have at a CB.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The question is do you consider him top level?
Tor-Kristian Karlsen ?@karlsentk 15 Jul
Jovetic: one of the world's top 15-20 players imo. Among few capable of deciding games through sheer "talent" & individual brilliance
Expand

With Stevan Jovetic expected to sign for Man City within next 48 hours, this could be the one signing that tips title race in their favour

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The Rooney saga rumbles on

Wayne Rooney: Manchester United dismiss Chelsea bid - BBC Sport

Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney on Tuesday night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.

Chelsea offered ?10m in cash plus a player, eitherJuan Mataor David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

But Rooney has reiterated his desire to leave the club this summer.

He has been left angered by recent messages coming out of Old Trafford, most noticeably new manager David Moyes's suggestion Robin van Persie is his main striker.

The Scot said last week: "Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him - I want as many options as possible."

Rooney has expressed his disappointment to senior figures at the club and insisted he will not accept a squad role behind Dutch striker Van Persie.
Okay, we know Rooney is a pretty good player but his attitude sucks lately and Utd should let him go.

Plus, Chelsea are offering ?10M + Mata? Juan Mata? Seriously?

Mata for Rooney and Chelsea can keep the ?10M.

Take_the+money.jpg

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Chelsea have said they did bid for him but it was cash only and neither player the press indicated are surplus to requirements. If it originated with the Daily Heil err Mail then no wonder as they are full of shit 99% of the time.

The howls from the Manures on the BBC site before the official denial came in are hilarious, to a man they wanted Mata and a chunk said they'd have been happy with ?10m going the other way
biggrin.png

Isn't it time Rooney stopped being a big girls blouse and actually publically stated what he wants... Modern footballers >.<

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Jovetic: one of the world's top 15-20 players imo. Among few capable of deciding games through sheer "talent" & individual brilliance
Expand

With Stevan Jovetic expected to sign for Man City within next 48 hours, this could be the one signing that tips title race in their favour
Unless ManC is planning on signing 2 strikers I think this is now moot as Sevilla confirm the sale of Negredo. Lot of money for him.

As far as Rooney, maybe Suarez and him can host a pity party for well paid but misunderstood footballers?

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
MU should just sell Rooney. He is far less of a player than he seems to think he is and could imo easily be replaced by someone less fucking whiney. Doesn't want to be 2nd fiddle to RVP? He's not close to the player van persie is

If i was Moyes and someone offered Mata and cash for Rooney I would bite their fucking hands off to clinch that deal.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Saw on Twitter last week that City were going for Negredo AND Jovetic, but couldn't remember who tweeted it. Phil McNulty has just confirmed it:

Phil McNulty ?@philmcnulty 42s
Man City expecting to get Negredo deal over the line pretty quickly now - very strong addition while Jovetic remains another option.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not sure the Negredo deal is worrisome to anyone - a tidy player, but they are paying way over the odds for him. Jovetic though, is class (on his day). Think he'll do well in the BPL, and well at City. Rodgers came out today and basically stated that no player is bigger than LFC - which I applaud. Still find it hard to see Suarez in a Pool kit next season.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Wow

Lots of silly money being splashed around this transfer window. What recession?