Soccer 2014 - 2015

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Every england player is "world class".
rofl what a stupid thing to say. So they'd get into the top international teams, would they? If I listen carefully I can almost hear the tears of Joachim Low as he wishes Milner, Jones and Jagielka were born in Germany.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure it was said dripping with sarcasm directed at the fact that anytime an English player shows even a hint of talent of ability the media proclaim him the next greatest player of all time who will usher in an era of English dominance in all competitions.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
In a way I feel bad for England in that they have some good players but Hodgson is a total turd and Rooney is undroppable even though he just seems to be going on a downward slide at this point. I only watched the last 30 mins or so after the US game but as soon as Rooneh came off the team played way better with Welbeck and Sturridge up top and Sterling in the 10 spot behind.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure it was said dripping with sarcasm directed at the fact that anytime an English player shows even a hint of talent of ability the media proclaim him the next greatest player of all time who will usher in an era of English dominance in all competitions.
Yeah thanks for clarifying, I even used "quotation marks"
frown.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
FIFA and EUFA really are donkeys :

UEFA president Michel Platini has warned Franck Ribery he could face suspension if the winger does not answer an international call-up for France.

Ribery, 31, announced his retirement from international football after injury ruled him out of this summer's World Cup in Brazil. However, according to FIFA rules, a player cannot refuse a summons to national duty if there is no physical problem impeding them from doing so.

"If Deschamps calls him up, then he has to come to the national team,'' Platini told Bild am Sonntag. "That's written in the FIFA statutes. If he doesn't report for duty, then he would be banned for three matches for Bayern Munich.

"It is not the player's decision whether he represents his country, it's the decision of the coach. Ribery cannot simply decide for himself whether he wants to play for France or not.''

Ribery said ongoing injury concerns were behind his decision to bring an end to his international playing career after 81 caps. He said he wanted to devote more time to his family and to his club Bayern, although Platini cannot understand his decision.

"He's a Frenchman and the European Championship in 2016 is taking place in France, not in Poland,'' Platini said. "He's got to want to play a part in it."
Michel Platini: Franck Ribery faces ban for snubbing national team France | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The rules were made by FIFA to make sure clubs don't refuse to release the player to their national team, not to force a retired player to still play. Platini heads UEFA who can't even do anything about it. Just typical French national team bullshit as they have a young excited team to build towards the WC in 2018 when Ribery would be 34 or 35 and he for sure won't be playing.

Platini should be commenting on how Hodgson can actually be considered a good coach and out of spite is hurting all of the LFC players, fucking ridiculous.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Brendan going after Hodge today in his pre-Aston Villa press conference. I'm sure the Owl will be all pissy now and do his best to get Henderson and Sterling hurt in October if not Sturridge again.....

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
the highlight of today was Wenger saying he wouldn't have bought Welbeck if he was in the UK on deadline day - only wanted him on loan. Contrast that with Brendao's man management skills!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think his words were taken out of context but even in reading the transcript I don't see how it would make Welbeck feel all warm and fuzzy about his managers thoughts on him. LvG just said he wasn't good enough for ManU in his presser today and that's that. Love those Sturridge and Welbeck comparisons though, 2 blacks forwards must be similar am I right?!

Elerion

N00b
Two young, fast, (black) strikers from top teams whom great things were expected of, both English nationals, yet both failed to make any impact in their top flight PL clubs, before making a transfer between two top 6 teams. The comparison comes naturally.

I think they are fundamentally somewhat different as players though. Sturridge has always been a better technician and finisher, Welbeck is more athletic. Sturridge is a natural fit in a position switching, through ball heavy Liverpool under Rodgers. Welbeck isn't necessarily a great fit in a "walk the ball in" Arsenal under Wenger.

Either way, Welbeck can't be much worse than he has been in the last few United seasons where he has mostly been played out of position.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya I'm looking forward to watching Welbeck this year - Saying that, I have no doubt Wenger will start Sanogo on the weekend.... just watch.

His comments about being out of the country were taken out of context, but they were absolutely bizarre regardless.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The only thing Welbeck and Sturridge have in common is they are black and both can run fast though Sturridge can actually run fast with the ball at his feet. Sturridge's scoring record at all levels from U16 to pros is levels above Welbecks. Then there's the fact that Sturridge can you know actually control a ball with regular frequency and can create chances on his own whereas I could probably fill up the rest of this page with .gifs of Welbeck attempting just to control a ball let alone do anything with it. Maybe Welbeck will do great for Arsenal, but I would hazard a guess he'll be the same player that he was at ManU and for the England national team where he can only tap the ball into the net.

This international break was pretty bad for LFC with Sturridge, Allen and Can getting hurt. Now we'll see if the depth we supposedly bought is truly there...

faille

Molten Core Raider
Arsenal aren't looking too bad now with their forward line.
Welback was pretty unlucky not to score.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Arsenal aren't looking too bad now with their forward line.
Welback was pretty unlucky not to score.
His initial shot was hit wide, it took a deflection to put it on target (barely). He is utter shit and so happy he's gone.