Soccer 2014 - 2015

PKS

N00b
This is what happens when you try to write a little about United in a pro Liverpool forum. It descends the whole thing into a shit fest. Imagine the NFL thread being dominated by 1 type of fan group, only for them to shit up every comment made about 1 other team in particular. What I originally wrote wasn't controversial or sensationalism, yet here we are several comments later.

I proved him wrong yet again about transfers; he's switched to wage structures. As if saying what wages are in 2014 are evidence about Uniteds finance structure since 2005. Wheres the logic in that?
If we compare wages over the 2004-2010 era,United would be way behind CFC, and likely always behind Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona. He says a fraction, but2010/11- almost on par with LFC. Considering all the data we've both now seen it's very obvious.
Comparison 2010-2014< best I could do. United trailed the likes of Bayern, Barcelona and Madrid. And any how, wages are not the best metric to go by. For a start: wages can be varied - a player might earn ?200k a week but could earn an additional ?50-100k over the season from performance based add on's, team results, sponsor deals, etc. A transfer is a static metric.

I'll leave it as it is, because quite frankly he hasn't had a leg to stand on for quite some time and hopefully the readers here can appreciate that.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
This is what happens when you try to write a little about United in a pro Liverpool forum.
Nope, it's what happens when someone writes a completely ridiculous, inaccurate post
I proved him wrong yet again about transfers; he's switched to wage structures.
You didn't prove me wrong. You attempted to discredit Brando's picture (which came from a Daily Mail article ) with stats pulled off a website. I am 10000% certain that The Daily Mail has more reputable football journalists working for it, than your website.

Regardless, let's put the picture and your website to one side as both sources could be incorrect. The wage bill is surely a better reflection of financial firepower - and I posted two different sources, both leading UK newspapers, that said the same thing.

As if saying what wages are in 2014 are evidence about Uniteds finance structure since 2005.
We are not talking about Uniteds finance structure. I originally replied to your comment that "United are trailing Chelsea, Bayern, Barcelona etc". The wage bills clearly disprove that comment. Are you too thick to understand why? I'll explain it to you.

Transfer spend on incoming players can be easily distorted by money raised by outgoing players. ?35m for Andy Carroll seems a lot, but LFC paid for him AND Luis Suarez, by selling Torres and Babel for the same amount. Plus figures are not always reported in the press and it is left to speculation.

Wage bill is the purest indicator of how much any owner is prepared to invest in their squad. Plus the figures come directly from the club accounts, leaving no margin for error.

If we compare wages over the 2004-2010 era,United would be way behind CFC
Are you thick? (YES) Can you read? (NO)

Read the articles I posted, the headline of the first link is "Chelseas wage bill overtaken by Manchester United for first time since 2004 - Premier League - Football - The Independent ?"

AGAIN, your comment was UTD are trailing. They are no longer trailing. You were wrong. I am right.

and likely always behind Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona.
Speculation on your part, complete and utter speculation. Do you have this weeks Lotto numbers too?

He says a fraction, but2010/11- almost on par with LFC.
Jesus Christ, you get even more ridiculous. What do LFC have to do with this? Why are you posting stats from 2010-2011 (which incidentally is the year LFC were 24 hours from administration - and between 2009-2011 had to sell Alonso, Mascherano and Torres).

I don't understand why you felt it necessary to go and look up wage bills from 2010-2011?

AGAIN, your comment was UTD are trailing. They are no longer trailing. You were wrong. I am right.

And any how, wages are not the best metric to go by. For a start: wages can be varied - a player might earn ?200k a week but could earn an additional ?50-100k over the season from performance based add on's, team results, sponsor deals, etc. A transfer is a static metric.
Complete and utter nonsense.

For a start, the amount of money Rooney earns for wearing Nike comes off the NIKE BALANCE SHEET and has nothing to do with his UTD salary, you complete and utter cretin.

Club wage bills are everything that is paid out to players, regardless of how that is made up. They could pay for Rooney to have a hair transplant every year and the costs would still go down as player wages.

because quite frankly he hasn't had a leg to stand on for quite some time and hopefully the readers here can appreciate that.
That's rich, you still haven't addressed how Rooney is paid more than anyone else in PL, and paid more than anyone else in the Bayern Munich squad.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Imagine the NFL thread being dominated by 1 type of fan group, only for them to shit up every comment made about 1 other team in particular. What I originally wrote wasn't controversial or sensationalism, yet here we are several comments later.
OK, so THEY'RE the Dallas Cowboys of this thread. Got it. Fuck LFC.

Nah, Uniteds actually been good this past decade. Liverpool are much more similar in that they had a period (decades) of dominance, but haven't won the league in over 20 years. So basically, the Cowboys without all the hot women around!
In terms of overall hatred if you aren't a fan, I think it would be Chelsea over Liverpool. If we're comparing past dominance vs not so much now then yea totally Liverpool.

Even bringing up Bayern in comparison to United when it comes to transfers is absolutely hilarious as an aside. If you paid any modicum of attention to the issues at hand in the Bundesliga and how every club acts like a feeder club to Bayern eventually (by sheer force, not desire) you'd realize how stupid this is.

Also:
That's rich, you still haven't addressed how Rooney is paid more than anyone else in PL, and paid more than anyone else in the Bayern Munich squad.
David fucking Moyes, that's how. Fergie wanted to shuttle his ass out of town; Moyes couldn't get on his knees fast enough.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Best part out of all of this is ossoi stating that the daily mail is a reputable source. Although being from Liverpool I guess it's either that or the sun.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Best part out of all of this is ossoi stating that the daily mail is a reputable source. Although being from Liverpool I guess it's either that or the sun.
Vs his website that I'd never heard of before?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So is this what this thread is usually like with this bickering? Is United the Dallas Cowboys of the PL? I need to know who to hate.
The one thing you new fans will grasp very quickly is European football in general and English football in particular is very tribal in it's support, way more so than anything in American sports. There is really no music played in stadiums there when the game is going on, each set of supporters sit separately and then have their own songs and chants that at time can be pretty vulgar in the support of their own team or in harassing the opposition. It can make for either a pretty amazing atmosphere to listen to or a pretty placid one when support is lacking. At SEC media day today on of the coaches compared the SEC fans to the fans for EPL teams and I'd say that's even undercutting it.

Pks is trying to paint his team, Manchester United, in the best light possible considering their current predicament of a poor finish and no Champions League football and the possibility of that continuing. He's blaming the response on this being an LFC forum but to anybody that follows football he's stretching the truth at best. That's fine as he's a fan and that's what he chooses to believe, facts be damned. I do the same for Liverpool, Neki does the same for Spuds and I'm sure the new Arsenal fans and Springbok will do the same for that team. You can go on fan forums for ManC (BlueMoon) and find people saying the Sheik's money have nothing to do with their success now or in the future which is mind boggling. You can't change that as fans are short for fanatic and hopefully Ossoi and Pks will give up this shit as it's really impossible to read this thread.

OK, so THEY'RE the Dallas Cowboys of this thread. Got it. Fuck LFC.
No, LFC has nothing in common with the Cowboys. While there are more LFC fans that post in this thread than any other team at least for me I'd certainly welcome more posters especially from ManC or Chelsea so we can hear them try to justify all the bullshit they'll get away with this year. It's all for the most part good natured fun except for the majority of Maul's posts.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Even bringing up Bayern in comparison to United when it comes to transfers is absolutely hilarious as an aside. If you paid any modicum of attention to the issues at hand in the Bundesliga and how every club acts like a feeder club to Bayern eventually (by sheer force, not desire) you'd realize how stupid this is.

Also:

David fucking Moyes, that's how. Fergie wanted to shuttle his ass out of town; Moyes couldn't get on his knees fast enough.
Bayern is the dominant team in that league, no question. With that said I think that's selling them incredibly short in what they built with the current team. Lahm, Muller, Schweini, Kroos, Alaba and more were all youth products. While R.Madrid, ManC and Chelsea try to continually prove you don't need youth products to succeed, the teams that end up being true dynasties have this as their backbone. ManU have gone down the shitter in my opinion more due to this than anything else (Pogba WRU LOL) and LFC's rise is going to be fueled by this as Sterling is just the start with Ibe, Wilson, Rossiter and the like coming through in the next 2-4 years.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bayern is the dominant team in that league, no question. With that said I think that's selling them incredibly short in what they built with the current team. Lahm, Muller, Schweini, Kroos, Alaba and more were all youth products. While R.Madrid, ManC and Chelsea try to continually prove you don't need youth products to succeed, the teams that end up being true dynasties have this as their backbone. ManU have gone down the shitter in my opinion more due to this than anything else (Pogba WRU LOL) and LFC's rise is going to be fueled by this as Sterling is just the start with Ibe, Wilson, Rossiter and the like coming through in the next 2-4 years.
Also Badstuber (injured) and Hummels which they are desperatly trying to buy back from Dortmund, though unsuccessfully yet.

PKS

N00b
Don't you worry about us, United have always had a mixture of youth players, more than any other rival surely?. Van Gaal has a solid history of promoting players also. Still room for a couple of more transfers though!

I've given up with Ossoi, don't worry. He changed the focus of his argument from debating my points about 2005-12 to simply 2014, so, it's just a circle that will go on and on and on. Daily mail indeed was a laugh, it's not even their own data - found it from transferleague.co.uk ! Since when would a newspaper generate their own statistics for sports analysis ? Very rarely I imagine. They just leech off of sites like that, annual Forbes and what not. I'd love to know how badly wrong they get the actual transfer fees andwages for individual players, we only get to see the totals over their financial year.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Don't you worry about us, United have always had a mixture of youth players, more than any other rival surely?
Who is the last youth player that's been promoted to the first team and done anything? I know Janujizzy is already at Ronaldo level but aside from him I honestly can't think of one.

PKS

N00b
If I answer the names you want me to, are you going to say they haven't done anything?! Welbeck, Rafael, Evans, Cleverly, Fletcher if he's still alive, and Januzaj. They've each established themselves, whether or not they are any good is another debate.
Also; of course it's a crying shame Pogba left. The situation was avoidable and the management takes the blame. He was desparate for a start, chance to prove himself when the time came where United had every single midfielder injured. So what did SAF do? He put Rafael in instead! That ego was bruised enough to leave.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Wouldn't you say that's a bigger issue in ManU's current predicament than you railing against the lack of spending power however much other people would disagree with that? For all the fable the class of '92 gets and what it meant for ManU's success in the following 20 years I don't see countless threads on Redcafe about the issues in the youth system. Didn't RvP choose ManC's youth setup to ManU's for his kid? What Rafa started in redoing LFC's youth setup and now continued by FSG/Rodgers was going to have the team on an upward trajectory regardless of LFC's spending in my mind. Just now with our success we don't have to worry about losing them to other teams when they become solid players if not stars on their own right.

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Antonio Conte just resigned as manager of Juventus. Rumor going around the last straw being selling Vidal to the Mancs along with not getting Alexis Sanchez and Cuadrado.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Vidal isn't going to ManU when he has a bunch of options with CL availability. Sounds more like a power grab that Conte failed in and now he has no choice but to resign as it was a joint press release with the club so they were fine with him leaving.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
He changed the focus of his argument from debating my points about 2005-12 to simply 2014,
UTD could still spend ?90m in one year on the likes of Carrick, Hargreaves, Anderson and Nani..
Fellaini in Summer, Mata in the January transfer window. ?64m total, ?53m spend the previous season, ?22m season prior, and ?44m the previous season.UTD don't seem to have an issue spending cash
Oh, you mean when UTD won 1 CL, got to another final and won some league titles, the most recent of which was 2012-2013 (outside your little pity me era)
Yes...of course I did.

I love how you once your argument that UTDaretrailing was utterly destroyed, that you changed it to 2005-2012. Hilarious.
Daily mail indeed was a laugh, it's not even their own data - found it from transferleague.co.uk ! Since when would a newspaper generate their own statistics for sports analysis ?
I'm not the one that posted it idiot, you asked where it was from -clearly right clicking to image properties is beyond your intellectual capacity.

Very rarely I imagine. They just leech off of sites like that, annual Forbes and what not. I'd love to know how badly wrong they get the actual transfer fees andwages for individual players, we only get to see the totals over their financial year.
And who says your site is any more credible?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I hate Liverpool so much. There is literally nothing going on in that city other than "My football club sob story is better than your football club sob story" and "remember The Beatles?". Fucking hell.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I hate Liverpool so much. There is literally nothing going on in that city other than "My football club sob story is better than your football club sob story" and "remember The Beatles?". Fucking hell.
Such a retarded comment, have you ever set foot outside of Manchester? Besides, haven't we had this debate already in a previous thread, gg for bringing it up again.

I've lived in Liverpool, I've lived in Portsmouth, I've lived in Southampton and I've lived in Paris. Culturally Liverpool shits all over anything Portsmouth or Southampton has to offer. There may exist a North/South divide in terms of economy and job opportunities, but London aside Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds dominate the South in terms of culture, nightlife, shopping etc