Soccer 2014 - 2015

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
This season is Chelsea's to lose. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a double/treble or something. Their team is sublime. They have done incredible in the transfer department in terms of selling/buying (Not 100% convinced on Costa but it's a type of player they were screaming out for last season), and they of course have Mourinho to mastermind it all.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Such a retarded comment, have you ever set foot outside of Manchester? Besides, haven't we had this debate already in a previous thread, gg for bringing it up again.

I've lived in Liverpool, I've lived in Portsmouth, I've lived in Southampton and I've lived in Paris. Culturally Liverpool shits all over anything Portsmouth or Southampton has to offer. There may exist a North/South divide in terms of economy and job opportunities, but London aside Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds dominate the South in terms of culture, nightlife, shopping etc
Better than Portsmouth and Southampton? I had no idea that Liverpool was competing with such great cities.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Meanwhile outside the Premier League, life's a struggle

The new Football League season is a month away and most clubs are putting the finishing touches to their squads for the forthcoming season. All but one. One former Premier League club, who were mixing it with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool three seasons ago, have just eight players. Not one of the eight is a goalkeeper.

Since the end of last season, 27 players have left, including their player of the year and one of the most highly-prized assets in British football.

...What is causing widespread unrest and anger is a perceived lack of investment since a Premier League season that generated ?80m - a sum the chairman claimed would "change the club forever"...The mood of supporters did not improve when they learned the club paid ?11m to a company owned by Owen Oyston - [the club chairman] Karl's father - during the Premier League campaign, equating to ?211,538 a week and putting Oyston senior among the highest earners in world football.
BBC Sport - Blackpool: From the Premier League to having eight players

Maul

Dental Dammer
Newcastle has good nightlife as well, Brighton and Bristol are better than both southampton and portsmouth though :p Anyone within 30 miles of the M25 has easy train access to central London anyway. Which is a huge portion of the population.

PKS

N00b
Wouldn't you say that's a bigger issue in ManU's current predicament than you railing against the lack of spending power however much other people would disagree with that? For all the fable the class of '92 gets and what it meant for ManU's success in the following 20 years I don't see countless threads on Redcafe about the issues in the youth system. Didn't RvP choose ManC's youth setup to ManU's for his kid? What Rafa started in redoing LFC's youth setup and now continued by FSG/Rodgers was going to have the team on an upward trajectory regardless of LFC's spending in my mind. Just now with our success we don't have to worry about losing them to other teams when they become solid players if not stars on their own right.
Man City completely overhauled their youth, academy system and facilities with the Arabs money didn't they? At least these owners are keen on the future growth aspect. I don't know how the 2 clubs would compare now.

Sometimes you get a golden generation (class of '92), but that's not a model you can sustain, or good for comparison - quite a rarity. But yes, lately the promotions have been lacking. I don't consider it a major problem yet though: there are a few young great looking players who might make it this season (Lingard, Wilson, Powell), but ultimately it's down to the Manager getting them in, and them being good enough when they start.

PKS

N00b
No shit Sherlock, it's obvious La Masia is on another level, as is Ajax's. What does that has to do with United's? Nothing. FA are more responsible for that disparity between countries more than anything else.

PKS

N00b
You are fucking up every thread you post in, I sent you a PM for the last one so you can simply respond there instead polluting this entire thing. Can't even discuss Man Utds youth policy with you chiming in with your ad hominens and irrelevant points. Seriously, stop trolling this thread to the ground.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Can't even discuss Man Utds youth policy with you chiming in with your ad hominens and irrelevant points. .
Stop posting utter nonsense and I won't have to keep correcting you.

but that's not a model you can sustain, .
I know you're not the brightest of people, hence why I quoted the bit I was specifically replying to - La Masia is an example of a sustainable youth academy model. That was all I said. But you had to make yourself look even worse by blaming the FA for the results of the UTD youth setup. If Southampton can produce Walcott, Bale, Ox-Chamberlain, Shaw and Lallana, then there is no reason UTD cannot produce players of a similar quality.

England's grassroots flourishing under the successful Southampton regime | Jacob Steinberg and Peter Lansley | Football | The Guardian

Southampton: Englands best academy

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Ossoi and Pks doing a great job of making me never want to read this thread again.
I don't even like soccer or read this thread, but now that someone reported a post I've been forced to trudge through this.

Why don't you two dial it down a notch and don't force the Mods to get involved. I don't care who is right or who is wrong, I don't even care about soccer. I only care if the thread turns into you two arguing ad nauseum. Keep it up and I'll just give whoever a vacation and everyone else can keep talking about soccer in your absence.

PKS

N00b
Oh that's totally fine. You do realise I've given up with him, previously taken it to pm's and told him to lay off already more than once? I'll put him on ignore if it helps. He's a cancer on this forum. My apologies for letting him drag me into arguments, he's relentless!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Oh that's totally fine. You do realise I've given up with him, previously taken it to pm's and told him to lay off already more than once? I'll put him on ignore if it helps. He's a cancer on this forum. My apologies for letting him drag me into arguments, he's relentless!
I'm not going to argue with you, you passive aggressive shithead. First you report him after arguing with him nonstop and now you're still wanting to fucking argue with me after I just warned the two of you. Welcome to the 'Shaw, and if Ossoi wants to argue as well he can join you there.

faille

Molten Core Raider
So, looks like Chelsea scores an easy win over Wycombe and Liverpool went down to Brodby overnight. Never good to lose, but it's pre season who doesn't really matter.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes, clearly the FA are responsible for the way English clubs run their academies, cretin.
While they arent by now, they could. Clubs in the top 2 Bundesliga leagues have to run youth academies to keep their license.
The better they meet official criterias the more funding the academies get.
Also that propelled the Mannschaft from going home after group stage in 2000 to wc winners this year.