Soccer 2014 - 2015

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Did you write that after 2-1, or 3-2?
smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I didn't bother watching the match until there were about 20 mins left to go so looks like I missed the dross. Rodgers has a point in that you can't lose both Suarez and Sturridge and expect things to be hunky dory but the amount of chances Balotelli is missing is insane. Sturridge's consistent injuries is either going to doom the season or he's going to finally get fit and go on a tear which will level things out.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If you believe the Alt Prem League table on RAWK then we're almost right where we were last year whereas ManU and Everton are already finished for even top 4 and Arsenal is just borderline.

C2vaMhE.png

Q9bu8wc.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, if you bring up the last couple of years threads you'll see the real table and the alt table end up remarkably similar with a completely different point structure. Reason being the games against other top 4 don't end up meaning as much as everybody makes them out to be, it's the games against the bottom 14 that really decide your season as Arsenal last year can attest to.

Anyway, I love watching Robben. He's so one footed it's hilarious but it doesn't even matter. Poor Roma, I don't think anybody could stop Bayern today with the way they are playing.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think aside from Liverpools jump last season you see a steady build and not a huge jump in one year, lets not forget most people thought Southampton were relegation candidates at the beginning of the year. Tadic and Pelle are turning into great buys and Koeman has somehow made their defense even better. I'm sure at some point if Southampton keeps this up the author will add them but it's still only 8 games. By my calculation Southampton would be 2nd on the graph right now at 0 which means they are on pace for 90 points.

Edit: West Ham if added to the graph would be tied with Spuds and ahead of Arse at -7

Hannibal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank fuck El Classico is this weekend and Real phoned it in the second half. They're also on 12 points so they're pretty much through and will mostly likely play their reserve team at the Bernab?u but we'd still probably still get assraped.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's just the usual comical defending. Of course we'll end up selling Sakho this January or in the summer at the latest, he'll go on to be a beast and we'll be stuck with Skrtel for more years to come.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Of course this thread goes dead as only Chelsea for the EPL has anything to talk about and I don't think I've ever seen a Chelsea fan either here or on FOH in this thread. Where's Gwen to talk up Forest for a playoff spot at least? Here's the APLT again, Chelsea way out in front:

Dggeba0.png

nkel2ak.png

Southampton if added would be at 0 and 2nd.

PKS

N00b
I mean every chance we'd get to say our respective team is doing xyz well, will only be met by the standard counters of "but they are completely shit at abc!".

Personally I'm very happy with Man Utds performances even if they are getting a terrible return on points so far. It's all for the long run and fortunately other rival teams are also struggling so the top 4 has stayed within touching distance.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
So I subscribed to dishworld, which gives me 7 sports channels and 14 international channels - but it shows all Arsenal, ManU, and Munich games (even if delayed abit), Italian, Spanish, and French leagues as well. Since I don't have cable this is way better than trying to find a horrible stream online, plus gives me euronews and RT (I know, but has some decent stuff on it) 10/bucks a month, app for Roku, PC, and mobile.

Really enjoyed watching the matches this weekend. Arsenal's defense seemed stronger than it has been, which is good. ManU Chelsea game was fun game to watch. VP was pretty stupid ripping his shirt off.

El Clasico definitely was the most exciting game for me. Suarez looked pretty good, despite his overbite seemingly getting larger than ever. Messi and Neymar (after first goal) were pretty useless. That Benzema/Ronaldo attacking was fiercesome. Going to watch the Munich game now.

YaVtTNh.gif

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, El Clasico was brilliant Saturday - shows just how far behind the top teams in the EPL really are. Madrid absolutely bossed Barcelona - how Pique still plays on a top team is beyond me. Marcelo was absolutely class as was Isco.

As for Arsenal - they are complete shit at the minute. Without Sanchez, who knows how far back they'd be. Guy is looking like a bargain more and more with each passing week. Love his energy and desire.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The Classico is interesting in that ever since Mourinho tried to have RM go toe to toe with Barca as far as possession and attacking intent and got smashed they have taken the same tactic of not wanting the ball and just counter-attacking. At first Barca were able to still win due to the superior team but as that has eroded away with time you'd think they would try something different in these games. Why not let RM have the ball and see what happens? In the game at Anfield if our defense was even competent RM didn't have many clear cut chances, really it should have ended 1-0 with that great Ronaldo goal being the main difference. Realistically Barca is too ingrained in their style of play to try anything different without it probably being a disaster but with Suarez, Neymar and Rakitic you have players that can excel in a more open ended game.

As far as the EPL, the reason for the 71 point line on that APLT is historically that is the cutoff for 4th place. The interesting thing is only ManC out of the recent traditional powers is even on pace to stay above that if we ignore Chelsea who seem well on their way to clinching the league for all intents and purposes by Xmas. So Pks does have a point in that in the real table nobody looks out of Champs league places yet, though as the APLT is noting some teams have played vastly different schedules and are going to need a real turn around in form to win some away games against other top teams which is pretty difficult.