Soccer 2014 - 2015

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
notBigSam ?@TheBig_Sam 17m17 minutes ago
Feast! Feast on my milky teat of triumph. For I am Big Sam, and I am a footballing god.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That second Ramsey goal today was unreal. Pleased to be through, but I've got $50 that we draw Bayern or Madrid. Only ourselves to blame..

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well, we started a 32yr old striker who Gerrard admitted after the game wasn't even fit as he had run himself into the ground the last week and he had to be subbed at half time as he couldn't even move. We also started 4 CM's.... at Anfield...... vs. Basle....... Nothing more to say other than hello Thursday nights, I missed you old friend...........

Szlia

As a semi neutral, that was a fun match to watch with a very thrilling 2nd half. Amazing free kick by Gerrard. For some reason Basel has a very good record against english teams these last few years. I guess it's a 'wins beget confidence begets more wins' scenario.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I think it was actually a brilliant move by Rodgers. Clearly, with the way we are playing, the best path to champions league football next season is to win the Europa League! Certainly seems more achievable than winning the CL itself or finishing in the top 4 at this rate.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As a semi neutral, that was a fun match to watch with a very thrilling 2nd half. Amazing free kick by Gerrard. For some reason Basel has a very good record against english teams these last few years. I guess it's a 'wins beget confidence begets more wins' scenario.
The 2nd half was ruined by a bullshit red card though the player only has himself to blame. The first half was so bad it doesn't really matter.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Now only ManC and Chelsea are above the typical 4th place finish with Chelsea the only one on pace for 90 points or more:

gGgEuSZ.png

xI3pvkH.png

LFC is at Old Trafford so we can pick see a 4 point swing at most while Arsenal hosts the Toon.

PKS

N00b
I had to look up you kept posting from Rawk (filth!) and saw some oddities; it's a subjective selection of 'par 1' matches ? Like City away to Chelsea is par 3, Utd hosting City par 3, Spurs hosting Crystal Palace is par 1 ?! Am I missing something here?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
City away to Chelsea is Par 3 for Chelsea and Par 1 for ManC. A home game is always a Par 3 for the home team. From the first post in that thread:

For those of you who are new to the APLT, or those who need a reminder of the model, the APLT makes an assumption that in order to win the league title, a team needs to win 90 points for the season. This can be achieved by winning all home matches, the seven 'easiest' away matches (the three promoted teams and the 14th-17th ranked teams from the previous season) and draw the 12 remaining away matches. I refer to these as the 'par results'. As in golf, par will be achieved more often than not, but sometimes points are dropped or gained in relation to par.
So again; All home matches are Par 3s, all away matches to the 3 promoted sides and last years 14-17 teams are Par 3s with every other game being a Par 1.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ramsey injured again? I guess when it rains it pours for the Gooners.

Rodgers is claiming through the Echo reporter now that Balotelli was forced on him after saying all year he had final decision on every transfer. /facepalm

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Clockwork... Giroud comes back and we lose Rambo just as he's rounding into form. Decent goals today, tomorrow morning will be interesting.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
That was the worst United performance I've seen in years and we still lost. GG I guess.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So how fixed are Manchester United? Would be entertaining if they started a title challenge
smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What do you mean by fixed? They certainly have lady luck on their side right now in that they can play like total dogshit, which LvG admits, and still win. They're already too far behind to mount a title challenge and they're luck will return to the average you would figure.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What do you mean by fixed? They certainly have lady luck on their side right now in that they can play like total dogshit, which LvG admits, and still win. They're already too far behind to mount a title challenge and they're luck will return to the average you would figure.
Not really taking your comments seriously with all this self pity luck buisness.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Eh? DDG was man of the match for a game at home that was a 3-0 win. Says all it needs to say really, I'd say if we had Sturridge or Suarez let alone both that would have been a pretty easy win for LFC.