Soccer 2017-2018

Maul

Dental Dammer
Draw against Burnley is basically as good as a loss.

Man city just running away with it now

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
And now this clown is saying they need to spend more? Holy Fuck...

DRw1t3wWkAAjkjm.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well we got VvD, can't see how that price tag isn't an albatross around his neck unless he's the second coming of Maldini. Also with the way Klopp plays I don't think much will change even with him there though he's definitely an upgrade on what we have if he plays like last year and not this one so far.

Last edited:

Maul

Dental Dammer
I know I can't really talk, but that is a ridiculous fee for what is only a solid centre back. He's been really awful as well this season, although morale probably paid a part in that. I'm guessing its 75 plus all kinds of addons, amazing when you still have Mignolet in goal :D

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Saw him play last year at Saints vs Liverpool, he was excellent.

Now to debate if I have the balls to buy an LFC shirt with VVD on and go to the Saints official store with it on, lol

• 1Picard

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I know I can't really talk, but that is a ridiculous fee for what is only a solid centre back. He's been really awful as well this season, although morale probably paid a part in that. I'm guessing its 75 plus all kinds of addons, amazing when you still have Mignolet in goal :D

I'd agree, I'd say you're the last one that should say anything. VvD is twice the player Lindlehof is and it's a bit more than twice the fee :)

With that said I think we can get by with Migs/Karius for the rest of the year and then revisit in the summer. With Keita coming in I think all we would really need is a new GK/#6 to be competitive on every front.

• 1Salty

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Good win today and with Lukaku now out we may even move above ManU on Monday :)

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried telling you guys Salah was transcendent. He might be the best player in the Prem at this point.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I tried telling you guys Salah was transcendent. He might be the best player in the Prem at this point.

Well he's obviously playing better than anyone imagined. He missed two easy chances first half but then scored two much harder chances,, which has been the story of his season (minus November where he finished most of his chances)

faille

Molten Core Raider

It's not like anyones been arguing with you. In other news, I hear man city are having a great start to the season

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
There can be no way we sell him January, even if we get Lemar from Monaco - they're both cup tied for cl and Lamar needs time to settle/adjust

Summer move fine

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Has Nike leaked Philippe Coutinho's move from Liverpool to Barcelona?

Disappointing if true, and even if not the renewed speculation will be disruptive.

There's no way he would have played today if that was true. VvD sat out while we worked on a £75m deal and yet we'd play Coutinho when £120m+ was at stake?

The coding had translations for 50 languages, I'd guess someone just got it ready for if it happens and inadvertently made it live for a couple of minutes. It's no longer there.

From what I've read Barca don't even have the money, at least not 100m+ to pay upfront. The Neymar money is mostly gone (maybe all gone?) and they have huge wage/debt issues. They'll probably make some derisory bids to appease their fans again. And even next summer they'll have to do a huge clear out to make it happen and then to do it they'll be fucking over all the other areas of their squad that will need to be addressed by that same clear out.

Edit: FIFA/UEFA allowing PSG to use non-football revenue money to do the Neymar buyout really fucked up the market but they're fucking stupid so that's no surprise. I can't see how high end transfers aren't going to come to a screeching halt in the near future as the fees being talked about now are so high that they have no relation to actual football income.

Jozu

Yeah true lol I have kind of waived the Salah flag and people just nodded and kept it moving haha.

ANyway, I always liked the guy since he was at Chelsea. I watched him score like 3 goals for Egypt the first time I saw him play and looked into him. He was buried on Chelseas bench, and then loaned. He lit it up at Roma and Liverpool came knocking. His Prem experience allowed him to fit right in. Look at his first goal yesterday. He is trailing briefly and then makes a run once they get near the 30 yard box. He has 3 defenders on him but his teamate still forces the ball into his area. He literally fought off 3 defenders in order to get a touch, which he deftly turned into a dribble, cut back, and calmlybeat the keeper when he could of flubbed it or had it deflected. He isnt letting the rough and tough Prem tactics bother him, and he is finishing.

If he wasnt missing chances earlier in the season the guy would have like 25 goals already. He has 19 in 32 games across all competitions but it feels like he has scored 40.

Whats crazy is RIGHT NOW Salah is a better player than Coutihno. Im sorry but he is. I know he will end up at Barca and his perceived value is much higher but id rather have Salah. Good riddance.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Whats crazy is RIGHT NOW Salah is a better player than Coutihno. Im sorry but he is. I know he will end up at Barca and his perceived value is much higher but id rather have Salah. Good riddance.

Well Salah on current form is undroppable but Coutinho has set up many of his goals, so who is indispensable?

I would suggest Coutinho's peak is higher than Salah's. Coutinho is the player you need to conjure that bit of magic at the clutch moment - eg that free kick just before half time v Arsenal last season.

But then again, Salah rescued us vs Leicester.

Let's see if Salah sustains this form until the end of the season. Managers/defenders could start paying him more attention.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Why does it have to be Salah vs. Coutinho? Lets just keep both and win some shit.

Jozu

I agree. I love them both. I just kind of had a feeling Salah would shine and be embraced at Anfield. Too much bullshit swirling with Phillipe though and I hope him and Klopp can figure it out.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Phil put in a transfer request and sat out to start the season but aside from that what has he done? Not his fault Barca are a bunch of shithouses when it comes to transfers.