Soccer 2017-2018

faille

Molten Core Raider
Fantastic result and awesome debut from vvd. Play wise, we looked really rough. Lallana still coming back to fitness but there was a lack of connection in front. Hopefully it's just a blip since I'd rather we're not so reliant on coutihno or Salah.

Also, wtf are we still playing Can? I don't rate him that highly at the best of times, but it's clear he's out the door so we waste our time giving him more play time when we can bloody a youngster? It's not like he's going to give 110% and risk picking up an injury

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
VvD, worth every penny baby!

As far as Can, from a state perspective he’s outperformed every other MF so far this season. Yes he’s going on a free to Juve. I’d personally like to see Grujic get some of his minutes but he’s not a #6. There is no U23 that is close to Can so I’m not sure what you think the options are.

Maul

Dental Dammer
VvD, worth every penny baby!

As far as Can, from a state perspective he’s outperformed every other MF so far this season. Yes he’s going on a free to Juve. I’d personally like to see Grujic get some of his minutes but he’s not a #6. There is no U23 that is close to Can so I’m not sure what you think the options are.
Yeah that £7500 prize for winning that round of the cup sure makes it worth it :D

£142 mil for Coutinho, what a crazy transfer market, at least we know where all the VVD money has come from.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that £7500 prize for winning that round of the cup sure makes it worth it :D

£142 mil for Coutinho, what a crazy transfer market, at least we know where all the VVD money has come from.

No doubt that was the case. Clearly decided well over a month ago. The timing of this transfer doesn't even make sense to me. Not eligible in Champions League and Barca are well ahead in the league. This will severely hurt Liverpools chances at top 4, you would have thought they'd lock up CL for next year, then sell him, but no. I expect 3-5 transfers this summer above the 100 million mark. It's absolutely silly. Crossing my fingers that Arsenal will blag Theo Walcott to Southampton for 50 million! COYG

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man I'd sell Theo for $10 and a package of mcvities. Great deal for lfc that's crazy money

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just a reminder that Walcott has just banked £100k for todays appearance

Quite shocking performance from Theo. Whole, entire, squad, wasn't up to snuff. Per said it best himself "the manager trusted some players and they didn't return the faith he showed them with selection." Only positive I took from this is that Debuchy is absolute shit and has always been that way since we signed him and I'm over the moon for Lichaj, he has deserved a shot with the USMNT and barely gets a look when shitbags like Zusi (not a full/wing-back) start WCQ matches.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Been gone all weekend so just catching up on all the news. Could sit here and write a small novel but the bottom line is he's gone. He doesn't improve Barca right now as he can't play in their CL games and they already have the league basically wrapped up and it doesn't help us as I doubt we have anybody else lined up for January. Really, really odd transfer for it being the 3rd most expensive in history.

Our underlying stats without him aren't much different this season than with him, better PPG but worse xG and a nominal defensive difference. We should still get top 4 even if we add nobody, but now our margin for error is going to be really small. Just one Mane or Salah injury and we'll be struggling.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Coutinho had to go. Now Salah can really be given the keys to the kingdom. Good riddance.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think he HAD to go. There was nothing forcing us to sell him aside from Coutinho being a little bitch, guess Klopp was done with it.

Maul

Dental Dammer
How quick you turn, he was the second coming of Jesus not so long ago. The pull to La Liga for south american players is just too great, can't expect him to be happy in the miserable north of England. Plus the fact he can watch champions league on local TV in Spanish now.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I understand the TV packages are bullshit in the UK but you're telling me you can't get any Spanish language sports channels?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I understand the TV packages are bullshit in the UK but you're telling me you can't get any Spanish language sports channels?

I can’t blame any South American player wanting to run off to Madrid or Barca, it is the ultimate dream of all the youngsters there.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
To force your way out when you could get the same move in 6 months and you can't even contribute to your new teams only goal left? Dream or not it's a pretty shitty. We're not replacing Coutinho, there is no like-for-like replacement, but I think we'll come out a stronger team if we get a couple of the rumored targets plus Keita coming in. The problem with that though is that's only for the 18/19 season, this season we still have a lot too play for and could have used Coutinho to possibly really achieve something. We get a couple of breaks and we could win the CL for instance, probably not possible now without him.