Soccer 2017-2018

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
We laugh about it but considering his history and the recovery period of the ManC players this year it does creep into my mind from time to time that there is something there. Granted it's a pretty remote chance but the science behind PED's is way ahead of the science in stopping them.

Agreed, just look at the Russian doping scandal. Clear evidence that with enough money and pull, you do just about anything.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Agreed, just look at the Russian doping scandal. Clear evidence that with enough money and pull, you do just about anything.

I just finished watching the Icarus documentary. I am pretty much convinced everyone is doping now lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I just finished watching the Icarus documentary. I am pretty much convinced everyone is doping now lol.

Absolutely quality flick and just goes to show how corrupt the Olympic committee is too! No Russian should have competed.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, what a choke job. Even had the assistant ref basically giving them everything between the Costa non-call penalty and Kane's late header from a clear off-side position yet still couldn't advance.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, what a choke job. Even had the assistant ref basically giving them everything between the Costa non-call penalty and Kane's late header from a clear off-side position yet still couldn't advance.

That Costa non-call was absolutely brutal. While I would have liked to see more English teams go through, Spurs didn't deserve to beat Juvy.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Goes to show just how bad Milan is. They were an absolute mess today. Arsenal played well, but Milan were awful.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I had the game on in the background while working so can't claim to have been 100% attentive but thought the Arse played well in the 1st half but the 2nd half they were just as bad as Milan. A better team would have made them pay. The road to the final seems easier with BVB seemingly in the shitter, if they can avoid A.Madrid until the final then I guess anything is possible since that would be a one off game. I'd still fancy A.Madrid to win regardless.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I had the game on in the background while working so can't claim to have been 100% attentive but thought the Arse played well in the 1st half but the 2nd half they were just as bad as Milan. A better team would have made them pay. The road to the final seems easier with BVB seemingly in the shitter, if they can avoid A.Madrid until the final then I guess anything is possible since that would be a one off game. I'd still fancy A.Madrid to win regardless.

Madrid is the clear favorite. Agreed on all points. That’s why we aren’t near the league title or 4th, better teams outplay us.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
United did what we thought they would do, just got the breaks. Salah needed to start going down as Young was jumping on his back the whole game. Can't expect to get any decisions at OT. Valencia handball and Fellaini on Mane, one of those should have been called. Oh well.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
United did what we thought they would do, just got the breaks. Salah needed to start going down as Young was jumping on his back the whole game. Can't expect to get any decisions at OT. Valencia handball and Fellaini on Mane, one of those should have been called. Oh well.

The argument for handball could be made, but no way is the coming together for Fellaini and Mane a pen. Alexis should have been carded for the blocked free kick, and Lovren should have been for the reckless elbow into the back of McTominay’s neck. You can make all the “don’t expect to get any decisions at OT” excuses you’d like, but that is all they are, excuses.
Maybe if you lads had done more from the 56 corners you had, things would have gone differently. You had what, 2 shots on goal, which were straight to De Gea. Just not Pool’s day.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd say getting an own goal to halve the deficit was getting a break. Game was always going to play out how it was given how early Rashford's strikes were. Better luck next time.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I'd say getting an own goal to halve the deficit was getting a break. Game was always going to play out how it was given how early Rashford's strikes were. Better luck next time.
Pretty much, score should have been 3-0.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
3-0 or it could have been 1-0 as Rashford's second took two deflections, either way sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes you don't. I'm fine with how it ended.

The argument for handball could be made, but no way is the coming together for Fellaini and Mane a pen. Alexis should have been carded for the blocked free kick, and Lovren should have been for the reckless elbow into the back of McTominay’s neck. You can make all the “don’t expect to get any decisions at OT” excuses you’d like, but that is all they are, excuses.
Maybe if you lads had done more from the 56 corners you had, things would have gone differently. You had what, 2 shots on goal, which were straight to De Gea. Just not Pool’s day.

ManU had the same number of shots on goal, lets not say anything about this game was a masterclass by either side. I find it funny though as the Fellaini on Mane incident is basically the same as VvD on Lamela, he was going for the ball and he instead got the player. Yet one is clear and one isn't? Mane was going to beat him to that ball. Salah should have gone down in the first half as well where Young was pulling him back. Honestly not sure why he didn't go down more all game as Young was playing him like it was a rugby game. Granted Pawson keeps up the league's great reffing standards so I doubt it would have mattered.

Maul

Dental Dammer
It was a more entertaining game than I had expected, to be fair I honestly was not expecting a win given our last few months of performances.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What a fucking joke ManU is. I guess if you're going to setup like the minnow vs. Sevilla at home then your going to get what you deserve and they most assuredly did. Amazing what a competent ref can do as well......