Soccer 2017-2018

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Nah, the best was Mourinho saying that he had knocked out ManU twice before so getting knocked out was normal for them but this time he knocked out his town team. LOLOLOLOLOL

faille

Molten Core Raider
wow, I thought you were joking until I saw thew video. How the hell can he stay in the club after saying crap like that?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Who has won more than him and is available? Woodward is collecting a team of galacticos and from the club's point of view it's working as ManU generates a shit load of money, more than any other club in the world at the moment. You can't then fire a manager with his CV and replace it with someone no where near that, it doesn't fit the narrative. The funny thing is that if a young SAF was available now they'd never go for him. So keep giving Mourinho all the money while not paying down any of the Glazer's debt, they may have beat LFC this weekend but in the long run he's going to ruin anything good about the club sans the money.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3 minutes in Chelsea vs Barza.
Messi gonna messi.

And its done.

Keep waiting for the next big things to take the mantle of always getting it done in the Champs League in big moments away from him and Ronaldo...still waiting. They're both 30+, now too.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
We'll see another Ronaldo, there's always a prolific scorer in any era. Messi is a whole different story, would be pleasantly surprised to see another one. Makes watching the game just that much better.

Merrith

We'll see another Ronaldo, there's always a prolific scorer in any era. Messi is a whole different story, would be pleasantly surprised to see another one. Makes watching the game just that much better.

Messi has his areas where he is superior to Ronaldo, no question, but Ronaldo isn't just a "prolific scorer" either.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ronaldo is every bit as good as Messi, Its a tired argument, and Messi has had better form of late, while also adding a new dimension to his game by scoring on set pieces now.

Yet Cristiano has 8 goals in 8 CL games, and just seems to continue to produce. He has also been pretty great at creating chances, with Benzema playing like shit or injured. He is also coming off of 2 straight CL titles, which is unthinkable.

They now could make it 3 straight. 4th in 5 years, that would be unapproachable.

Merrith

Ronaldo is every bit as good as Messi, Its a tired argument, and Messi has had better form of late, while also adding a new dimension to his game by scoring on set pieces now.

Yet Cristiano has 8 goals in 8 CL games, and just seems to continue to produce. He has also been pretty great at creating chances, with Benzema playing like shit or injured. He is also coming off of 2 straight CL titles, which is unthinkable.

They now could make it 3 straight. 4th in 5 years, that would be unapproachable.

Just crazy to be living in this era with both guys playing this well for this long.

Quarterfinal draw going to be big. No total minnows left, but obviously City or Liverpool would prefer Roma or Sevilla over the other powerhouses left (Barca, Madrid, Bayern, and Juvy)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm not going to tell you how to enjoy watching a sport. If you like Mourinho's type of football over Pep's, not a problem. If you think Ronaldo is just as good as Messi then fine. The stats for the last couple of years don't back that up at all for what one brings to the table than the other other than goals scored. But again, that's fine. I'd agree we are lucky in being able to see both but I prefer watching one over the other, and again that's my choice.

As far as the QF draw, from an LFC perspective I'd be confident in any team we get sans ManC. I'd actually prefer we get Barca if we don't get Sevilla or Roma. Chelsea could have won this tie if some of the bounces went their way, Busquets is completely immobile at this point and they can be got at which I think LFC can easily exploit.

Merrith

I'm not going to tell you how to enjoy watching a sport. If you like Mourinho's type of football over Pep's, not a problem. If you think Ronaldo is just as good as Messi then fine. The stats for the last couple of years don't back that up at all for what one brings to the table than the other other than goals scored. But again, that's fine. I'd agree we are lucky in being able to see both but I prefer watching one over the other, and again that's my choice.

As far as the QF draw, from an LFC perspective I'd be confident in any team we get sans ManC. I'd actually prefer we get Barca if we don't get Sevilla or Roma. Chelsea could have won this tie if some of the bounces went their way, Busquets is completely immobile at this point and they can be got at which I think LFC can easily exploit.

Chelsea didn't exactly get the performance in net they needed today, that's for sure.

We'll see how it shakes out. There could be some very big ties as a result.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Chelsea should have won the first leg, Busquets couldn't cover the counters at all and Willian/Hazard would just run right by him. Mane/Salah is better than that combo, we may get overrun at the Nou Camp but I think at home we could put up a number that would hold up. Guess we'll see.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'd be happy with juventus too. Spuds gave them problems with pressing and pressure throwing them off their game and we're much better at that than they are. But yeah, no easy matches left will be interesting to see if the teams with nothing to play for,(Bayern, man city, Barca all wrapping up their titles) can keep up their intensity

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Welbeck with possibly the worst dive I've seen this side of Deli Alli for the year and yet the fucking ref bought it. Gattuso should have went down to the end line and just kicked the shit out of that ref.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Welbeck with possibly the worst dive I've seen this side of Deli Alli for the year and yet the fucking ref bought it. Gattuso should have went down to the end line and just kicked the shit out of that ref.

Very soft penalty, but shouldn't have even stuck his arm out there at all. Why do it?

Szlia

Yeah the defender forgot where he was for a moment. He was like "I am going to grab that guy and .... oh shit! No! No! No!"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user