Soccer 2017-2018

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As much as I hate Liverpool, I hope they beat Real in the final, them Zidane tears be salty.

With RBL’s finishing in the Europa that means we’ll have bought Keita and Salah for less than £100m. Pretty nice and this showed up today.

F0264DC3-5BBC-42C5-8C64-D02F4CF44372.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What a mismatch for A. Madrid vs. Marseille. I was excited to see Thauvin play as his numbers are crazy this year but aside from one chance right at the start they almost created nothing. Not surprising. Must be grating for Arsenal fans to have had to had them in the semi's instead of the final.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
What a mismatch for A. Madrid vs. Marseille. I was excited to see Thauvin play as his numbers are crazy this year but aside from one chance right at the start they almost created nothing. Not surprising. Must be grating for Arsenal fans to have had to had them in the semi's instead of the final.

The grating part for me is that we were 1 man up for 80 minutes and could not capitalize. We were presented a golden opportunity to make it to the final and fucked it up.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Mourinho post game was just classic. Long balls to Lukaku or Fellaini is brilliant strategy but to Giroud it’s simple tactics. I hope he stays at ManU another 3 years at least. What a joke.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Chelsea finished 5th though no? An FA Cup isn't going to mask their ho hum league campaign.

Conte is probably gone. Meanwhile Mou will lead United to another CL appearence, and already added silverware in his short stint at United.

I don't think he has been a true success or anything but at least they are in the CL again and he has gotten just enough out of that side to remain in good standing with the fans.

If Liverpool beat Madrid, Salah and Klopp will be legends.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Eh? I'm making fun of Mourinho, could care less about Chelski and Conte though I am laughing that apparently Abramovich can't get his UK visa renewed.

For Mourinho, do you think they're any closer to winning the title or CL since he arrived? I'd have to say no. They have no pattern of play sans hope someone good does something good and have DDG to thank for their league position. While De Gea is amazing I can't see him putting up another season like this one as from a stats perspective it's been almost unheard of and you could make an argument he should have been player of the year. If De Gea regresses even a tiny bit towards his career average they'd struggle to make top 4 without improvement elsewhere.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd argue regarding De Gea at least, that we may be seeing his current and future level this year. He's that good.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
De Gea is incredible, some of the saves he's made this season he had no right saving.

It would be a massive loss to United if he left.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
he has gotten just enough out of that side to remain in good standing with the fans.

Go look on Redcafe, there have been anti Jose sentiments expressed all season.

This is a fanbase that wants attacking football as well as results, which clearly they're not going to get with Jose.

I could care less if LFC played to win 1-0 every game if it meant winning the PL. United fans have higher expectations

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'd argue regarding De Gea at least, that we may be seeing his current and future level this year. He's that good.

His statistics for 17/18 were far and away better than anything he's ever done and better than any GK has ever had since Opta started recording statistics ~15 years ago for the big 5 leagues. If he does it again so be it but odds are he'll regress back to where he normally is which is still one of the best in the world and at least for this season would have meant ManU was in a fight for top 4.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well that's the thing with Jose isn't it - "fans" of his will argue that his results justify the method. It might be dire to watch, and over the course of a season it might grate on you but when he gets regular results, the means justify the ends. My question though is this - when the ends are 2nd place (a distant, DISTANT 2nd) and no trophies AND the club are playing some of the worst football in their history (as bad, I'd argue as many of the Moyes displays Saturday) what do you have? They have the talent and ability to play great stuff, but are shackled by a dinosaur. Maybe they'll win the league next season and I'll eat my hat....

Arsenal have to be the most poorly run "big club" on this earth. Who else would actively piss off ex club legends (Vieira, Henry) by making derisory approaches, then when it looks like Arteta is on the cusp of signing pull out and sign someone out of left field that nobody wanted. I don't mind Emery, and he was great in Spain - but Gazidis has to be the most spineless, shrimp dicked worm in all of sports. He needs to be the next one out the door if/when Arsenal finish 6th again and go trophyless. Douche bag

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ever since Mourinho started a Classico match at home with 7 defenders I've never given a shit what people will say, he's a shit on a stick manager and the deference he gets from the UK press still just amazes me.

At least from what's been stated so far Arteta had the job but was unwilling to work under the terms offered in regards to transfers, he wanted more of a say in them than what was being offered. Considering he's never managed anywhere ever that seems a bit prudent to me and Emery isn't a terrible fall back guy. The person coming in after Wenger was going to be fucked anyway especially now that it's basically accepted that Arse only have £50m for transfers before any sales.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

But Liverpool deserve respect. We're not going to have it easy. They deserve to be in the final. They remind me of Madrid three or four years ago. Their three front players, they're very quick… they are powerful in attack and I respect them. But Madrid are better. We have to play to our level, but we also have to respect the opposition."

Not sure what else he's supposed to say. "Lol we're going to get rolled"?

Jozu

Madrid is better. They are better than everyone.

I mean Ronaldo is a cocky fuck, but he is right. Look at their squad.

They have Navas in goal, who is a top 4 GK in the world, can play incredible for multiple stretches of games, and has better dive saving ability than anyone. Only Nuer, DeGea and MAYBE Courtious are better. Courtious has slipped a bit, and Buffon is a relic. Its not crazy to say Navas could be the best keeper on the planet next year if DeGea slows down and Nuer cant get healthy.

Then you look at their defense, Marcelo is a prodigy, an amazing marking defender, can run for days, and can get up field to facilitate or score if needed. Then they have Verane, one of the best defenders in the world, Carvajal, who is also a fantastic ball stopper, and Sergio Ramos, the best big game defensive footballer in history, who can also decide games by scoring.

Midfield you have Isco, Kroos and Modric, speaks for itself and is much better than Liverpools midfield, and then Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale up front. And they have Asensio, Casemiro and a really deep bench of real quality. That is easily the best side in the world.

Liverpool has the X factor in the Egyptian Pharaoh himself, so anything could happen, but Madrid is clearly the better side.

What side in the world is better? The only argument that could be made is Barca, and with Iniesta retiring, Madrid will continue to be the best team until Ronaldo finally slows down for good.

faille

Molten Core Raider
So Madrid are the best team in the world while also being the third best team in spain?

Jozu

Because they didnt win La Liga?

LOL.

They won it last year and are two time defending champions of Europe, please stop with the trolling bullshit.

With that retarded logic your own team is trash, as they arent even a top 3 team in England.