Soccer 2017-2018

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If Zidane thought the RM had a good chance to win the CL again, he would have stayed. My guess is that Zidane believed that RM didn't have a better than the other top clubs next year, so he'd rather leave than take a 10% chance of winning again.

I was mainly trolling, I think VAR will help get rid of pretty much any complaint we will see.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
England 10 world cup games in a row where they only score one goal or less.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

For reference, Switzerland played Panama in a friendly match back in march and they won 6-0. I dont want to rain on Belgium's parade, but I suspect both England and Tunisia will look good when playing Panama.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lol Kroos is a master-class mid field player, he just plays for RM so Brando says he is shit because his defensive effort was not on high.

Where did I say Kroos was shit? Do you even read what you post and then take a second to think if it makes sense? Mexico has pace you say so then my pointing out that Kroos and Khedira are immobile means what for their individual quality? I mean give me a fucking break. Boeteng had probably the best individual performance of the tournament so far to keep it at 1-0 but since he's a defender nobody is going to talk about it.

Don't count Deschamps out yet, he's got to be the luckiest player around... It's always a facepalm worthy shitshow, but in the end he somehow wins...

As a player sure, as a manager I'm puzzled by this response.

Martinez is a low-budget coach, given the team we have. It was publically stated they'd have preferred other candidates, but did not have the budget for them. I don't think he is bad though..

I understand why he was appointed. I don't believe he is a good manager though and seeing as how this is basically a golden generation for Belgium it would be a shame to see it wasted through his idiocy.

England going to underwhelm as usual?

England played really well actually. A little better finishing or the ref deciding that tackling Kane isn't allowed in the rule book and that was a walk in the park. I'd feel good if I was an England fan as Southgate stuck to his guns and it worked out.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The two-man midfield of Toni Kroos and Sami Khedira combined to not intercept a single pass and to win just one of the 10 tackles they attempted

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Khedira and Kroos are way too slow against teams like Mexico. Thought Low got that completely wrong. Reus looked good in his cameo, but Germany have a must win now. Brazil will be fine I think, but heir intensity was super low. Been a fun cup so far, but fuck it sucks not having Pulisic there...

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Khedira and Kroos are way too slow against teams like Mexico. Thought Low got that completely wrong. Reus looked good in his cameo, but Germany have a must win now. Brazil will be fine I think, but heir intensity was super low. Been a fun cup so far, but fuck it sucks not having Pulisic there...

And that's why the decision to leave Sane at home is crazy. If you can get the other team to back off you because they're scared of your pace then your midfield will be given the time and space to function. The first 25 minutes of the CL final showed this as RM backed off LFC and they dominated because of it. So if you had Sane on the field then Mexico would be crazy to push way up on their counters because any turnover leads to a ball to Sane and it's game over. But since there is no pace in the German side then you need a Kante type player that can cover ground in front of the CB's on a turnover.

They don't have anywhere near that type of player and while Jozu thinks it's because I hate RM I was more slating on Kroos because he reminds me of Cesc's slide to where he is an amazing offensive passer, like Kroos, but a complete defensive liability and I'm surprised at his age that he's already turning into that. The bigger slate should be on Khedira when he looked washed up at the Euro's two years ago, can barely get in the Juventus side but is seen as a proper cover for Kroos which is a joke.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
England played really well actually. A little better finishing or the ref deciding that tackling Kane isn't allowed in the rule book and that was a walk in the park. I'd feel good if I was an England fan as Southgate stuck to his guns and it worked out.

If they have to rely on Kane for all the finishing it could hurt.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never said you said Kroos was shit, I said you were hating on him because his defensive effort was low/non existent.

Maybe you are right with the Khedira cover thing, as Kroos' tackling ability and defensive awareness are questionable, and he needs a spry defensive midfielder on his flank so he can get into the attacking lanes and pick out the right teamate at the right time, as he has an incredible ability to find guys in stride and can open up the final 3rd like few other midfield players. (look how he plays with Modric, compared to Khedira, that's Germany's tactics that are at fault, you have to play to your strengths)

Boateng is amazing though. He just seems to get better with age and might be the strongest defensive player in the world.

Germany will be fine, they will go through.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Columbia:

NouMrNA.gif

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
somehow Colombia 1 man down is still as a good as japan.

These fucking garbage teams.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Japan pulls first win of any AFC over a CONMEBOL team (after 14 losses and 3 draws) against Colombia in the history of the world cup

Last edited: