Soccer 2019/2020

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
What the fuck has happened to my beloved Arsenal. I am at a loss for words. We literally can not beat teams in a relegation battle.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
giphy.gif

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What the fuck has happened to my beloved Arsenal. I am at a loss for words. We literally can not beat teams in a relegation battle.

All it took was playing the one team with an actual worse defense than you to look "ok". West Ham are such a joke but any team that thinks a starting midfield of Noble/Rice is anything but Championship level deserves to go down to the Championship.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Any english locals able to clue me in on how to get tickets for games.
There's a chance I'll be in London during May and would love to get a game in at anfield (9th v chelsea) or just see them live (Arsenal on the 2nd, or Newcastle on the 17th). Obviously would be prepared to pay for it but couldn't go too crazy.

Twitter used to be good to get "face value" spare tickets, but those accounts died. Facebook also is now full of scammers.

You're honestly better off buying resale from a site like ⚽ Football Tickets | Buy cheap football tickets with secure booking

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It was a pretty consistent theme last week by a lot of UK papers that it was the death knell of the CL in that no "small" teams qualified for the knockouts. Now they're all celebrating how competitive every tie looks to be. So which one is it? I don't think anybody can even quantify how to fix the first issue to begin with that is realistic.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Arsenal is a complete circus, and I'm not entirely sure Arteta is the right appointment (though I'm absolutely certain Ancelotti isn't)... that said, I feel absolutely nothing for the players on the team at the minute and would have zero problem completely blowing it up and starting from the ground up. That includes Auba, Laca, Xhaka, Ozil, every cb etc.

Literally the only players I'd be annoyed to see leave are guys like Martinelli, Guendouzi, Tierney, Bellerin and Leno. Saka and few of the really young guys as well. Everyone else can gtfo for all I care.

Club isn't making CL anytime soon, might as well enjoy watching some kids grow into the football. Kinda like watching the Thunder this season post Westbrick - ain't doing anything with him anyways, might as well trade him and start over.

Good news with Arteta is I actually like him as a guy, and he was a pretty big presence in the locker room when he was playing - that it also annoys City and Pep is just icing on the cake for me.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't know, Arteta seems like a hire that Everton or one of the more mid table teams should be doing. You're really hiring upside, there is no proven track record there as it's not like Pep's prior assistants have done well (granted one died early). Should Arsenal be hiring for upside?

Overall it just seems like a really poorly put together team that won't be fixed quickly and isn't being helped by the Kroenke's seemingly inability to hire good people in almost any sport sans the NFL lately.

Edit: It's also safe to say Ancellotti is probably a terrible hire for Everton. Not that he'll get them relegated (though one can hope) put more that he has no track record of elevating teams to be better than the some of their parts, more he's good at getting good players in good positions to do something. He should be going to Arsenal and Arteta to Everton IMO.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Wow. Doing that to a pretty great team was amazing to watch.
Hopefully we can juggle the injuries and fighting for the fa cup and champion's league.

Ps fu fa for not rescheduling the league cup

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What a 2019, one league loss the whole year with 3 trophies to boot. There's always an end but as of the moment I don't see why we can't continue in general on this path through 2020 into 2021. Just amazed and lucky to see this happen.