Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Don't think a lot of teams will take points off of Stoke at home this year so I'll take it. At least I'm not deluded enough to claim on easy 3 points when Walker and Bentelab were basically ManU players in disguise yesterday.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'll take 3 points at stoke no matter how they were achieved.
Only watched Spurs / Manu this week and both teams were pretty shit. Man U looks a bit more solid defensively but didn't really have much going forward and seemed to just capitalise on Spur's mistakes, which is fine but seems a bit strange for a team like Man U playing at home. Spurs seemed push forward a bit more but had so many stupid errors and missed passes, one of which led directly to the goal. Walker was a pretty unlucky though since he'd done well to get back and screw up Rooney's effort, only for it to dribble in any way.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
City looked excellent today - adding kdb will only make them stronger. Only real concern is age/depth, but they were good

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I just watched the ManC game and lets see them play a team that actually tries from the get go before making a judgment. WBA was terrible and basically just showed up to lose. Pulis claimed he set them up too attacking but they really did nothing and never tested the mid 2 of Toure and Fernandinho.

ManC fans were also introduced to Sterling missing sitters, for all his qualities his finishing is just soooo bad.

faille

Molten Core Raider
So there's an EPL game on friday night this week? Is that going to be a regular thing or they doing to just to help catch up on the schedule?

faille

Molten Core Raider
Shame. Seems like a great night to have extra football on.
Guessing it's due to the CL qualifying Man U has to do in conjunction with the shortened season.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Actually has to do with a march by a English Nazi Party through the Birmingham area this weekend so the move to today was requested by the police.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Another shit performance by United, Schweinsteiger is a fucking absolute beast though, completely bosses the game.

Don't care if we don't win anything this year, i'm just happy the wait for a decent CM has finally been worth it, only 10 years since Keane left as well.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mourinho is such a fucking faggot. Glad City killed them though it could have been even more 4/5 nil on another day. Shame hazard didn't play

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Had this on DVR had to avoid the thread. What a great end to the weekend.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Both games this morning were great.

Arse vs. CP - Arse should have been up 2 or 3 nil in the first 15 minutes. After that Coquelin, who like Fellaini should just be given a standard yellow to start every match, should have been sent off and if CP had spent 12m pounds on an actual Striker and not the turd that is Connor Wickham I think they would have at least gotten a point. Arse was really hanging on there at the end.

ManC vs. Chelsea - There is no real winner here as they're both plastic shitstains for clubs but my despise of Mourinho is greater than anything else so I'll take it. I have no delusions that this would be the end of Mourinho but my god wouldn't that be great. The whole Medic thing this week where the Mail/Sun are now attacking the Chelsea doctor are fucking despicable and makes me question British press further that they would go along with this. Hopefully this doesn't make Abramovich just go spend 100m on two players now which is probably what they need, they should be going after KdB and Pedro as Mourinho has coached the attacking talent out of everybody but Hazard at this point who is probably half of what he could be under a proper offensive manager. Sterling will be lucky to get to 10 goals playing on the left, predicting the ManC fans will get restless with him at some point as there is no way he'll be taking Silva's spot bar injury.

As far as ManU, Schneiderlin has been the signing he was expected to be and is why Blind isn't getting exploited so far at CB. Spurs don't really have a target man but Villa could have but Agbonlahor on Blind and just knocked balls up to him instead of trying to get past Schneiderlin. Also is that a corpse playing instead of Rooney? If not then ManU is going to be like LFC was last year, create chances but have no end product. Have fun with that.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Mourinho doing doctors job and now it seems he is writing the match analysis too...
Match report Manchester City 3 Chelsea 0 | News | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

As for Sterling, he's crap but what he does do is let silva move inside to AMC where he can pull the strings in attack a lot more. When Silva was playing supposedly on the left he would drift in and take up space that was already filled by Nasri and they were getting in each others way. Sterling will stay out on the left more and I think Silva will get highest assists in the league this year.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Mourinho doing doctors job and now it seems he is writing the match analysis too...
Match report Manchester City 3 Chelsea 0 | News | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club

As for Sterling, he's crap but what he does do is let silva move inside to AMC where he can pull the strings in attack a lot more. When Silva was playing supposedly on the left he would drift in and take up space that was already filled by Nasri and they were getting in each others way. Sterling will stay out on the left more and I think Silva will get highest assists in the league this year.
That match report is hilarious. Once Jose goes again where will they turn?

I get what you're saying on Sterling, but you could accomplish the same thing using a player half the price and that could actually finish from the wing. Sterling's best at LFC was centrally behind Suarez or Sterling or on his own. That's not happening at ManC.

PKS

N00b
Darmian is maybe the best signing for Utd so far. Maybe doesn't feature in the highlights for others to see but his impact is strong - massive upgrade on Valencia/Rafael. He'll be responsible for less goals conceded this season. Hopefully his forward play will start to shine.

Blind is probably the experiment idea until Rojo gets back. LvG desperately wants good ball playing CB's, and he'll at least be one of the best in the league for that. Just the defensive stuff.. brains, yes. Brawn.. compensate enough for it?

Yes, Rooney is ... I'm not sure yet.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Liverpool looking good so far after the early pressure from Bournemouth, but very luck to not have the goal chalked out since offside should have been called. Coutinho looking great with all the passes he's setting up. Lallana looks fairly ineffective though.

Elerion

N00b
I'll graciously accept the win gifted by the refs. That was some pretty shoddy play against the weakest team in the league at home.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think Rodgers decided early on that whoever was available for the full pre-season was going to start to give us the best chance to win right away. I understand why he's doing it but Lallana is making my prediction last year look terrible and Ibe isn't ready for a full time starting gig.